Is this game worth getting?

Buy It

I think that it is definitely the best game on Wii right now. Good game play, good graphics, and it is just fun. It far surpasses Mario Sunshine and will sell allot of Wii systems just to play this game.

At the least it takes like 4 hours to get all 120 stars. If youre just taking your time, I'll say like 6 to 8 hours. Its not that long... or hard.

Why are you guys saying that it takes like 12, 15, 20 or 30 hours to beat this game? It's not that long and not that hard. Maybe around 20 hours if you get all 120 stars with both mario and luigi.

Last edited:
Hoping it doesn't turn out like Twilight Princess, Endless and boring...

davidos90 said:
Hoping it doesn't turn out like Twilight Princess, Endless and boring...

Endless and boring? :sick:
It was such an awesome game...

LiquidD said:
At the least it takes like 4 hours to get all 120 stars. If youre just taking your time, I'll say like 6 to 8 hours. Its not that long... or hard.

Why are you guys saying that it takes like 12, 15, 20 or 30 hours to beat this game? It's not that long and not that hard. Maybe around 20 hours if you get all 120 stars with both mario and luigi.
120 stars in 4 hours? You must be on speed!

The average time is reported to be 8 to 12 hours depending on your play style. If you rush through levels doing the bare minimum or use a walkthrough it will take less time. If you are trying to get everything it will take longer.

I have no idea how long i have played as i only play a couple of hours every day or so to try and make it last me up till Christmas.

4hrs and 120 stars... lol thats funny... i mean this game isnt HARD but its not that easy.

this game reminds me a lot of Mario 64. you choose your missions. after about 2 weeks of playing sparingly, i could go ahead and beat the game if i chose to

langjie said:
this game reminds me a lot of Mario 64. you choose your missions. after about 2 weeks of playing sparingly, i could go ahead and beat the game if i chose to
Thats what i thought too.

I played to the point where i couldnt get any more stars (105) so i went and beat Bowser and did the Terrace purple coins. Now i just have the others to get.

I figure if i pace myself the same on the second time round it should last me till near Christmas, plus i'll replay a lot of the levels for better scores or just for fun.

JeremyGTS said:
4hrs and 120 stars... lol thats funny... i mean this game isnt HARD but its not that easy.

Yeah, it is. What in the game is hard. Its either easy or very easy. What do you think is hard?

Yeh, the game is extremely easy. The most easiest Mario ive ever played. I personally dont see how it got 97 at metacritic. Visuals are really nice, gameplay is nice, but its waaaay to easy. The hardest thing so far was when i was doing one of those comet runs where you have to finish the level fast. I was on a planet that had big gaps all around it and falling kills you. Basically the camera angles were gay for having to do it fast so I fell once. Other than that the game was completely easy with no hard points at all.

But since its pretty fun I give it a flat 9. Zelda was better.

I'm asking my folks if they can get it for me on my birthday hope i get it.
played 15mins on the demo wii in EB and was hooked.

Yup, it's worth it.

The only somewhat challenging parts I found, where a couple of the purple coin runs, but most were beaten on the first go. If I had to rate the game without going into detail, I would give it a solid 8.5/10.

Yeah zelda felt abit boring.
You Start of with the forest temple, Oh what a surprise! I wonder what the next one will be! And it turns out it's repeating Ocarina of time..

Let me bring up this point. The game may be easy and it is fairly easy, but who really cares: IT'S FUN! People are always forgetting that the point of gaming is to have fun.

I hate being frustrated when playing a game (Super Paper Mario). I have 62 stars so far and I love playing this game even though their is no real extreme difficulty. This game will easily last me 20+ hours.

The only time I died in this game was when I had to do the dare devil comet against the rock boss thing. That was about it.

Back