Is this game worth getting?

The only hope you have of getting all 120 stars in 4 hours is if you had the game memorized- and i mean down to the movements of the bosses before they make them.

Lord knows without a guide you aren't just going to know where every hidden star is...

And there are levels like that water world where you have to collect 100 purple coins as a bee that just take 15 minutes. There's no way around that. And that's assuming you can manipulate the camera (which is won't let you rotate frequently) to see each coin before your first pass.

Getting the first 60 stars and beating the final boss... yes that's doable without much difficulty. But the hardest stars do have a decent degree of difficulty which provides a large portion of the games enjoyment.

Does it make you feel 1337 to belittle a great game?

4 hours is 240 minutes. I don't assume you to be a math major so I'll do the conversion for you: (120 Stars) / (240 Minutes) =
1 Star / 2 Minutes. I challenge you to find 20 stars in the entire game you can do in 2 minutes. Now go back and claim you could do that on your first run through.

Last edited:
davidos90 said:
When I saw that Mario was jumping from planet to planet in space I couldn't believe my eyes, I saw it as the death of Mario.

But according to everyone, and I mean everyone (IGN, Commercials, Gamespot, Friends, Forums etc.) this game rocks!

HOWEVER I am not a big fan of never-ending games,
So how long is the playtime on this game? I don't hardcore play games and I can't usually play for more then 4 hours without stoping. So 20 hours would suit me good, please tell me 20 hours!

dude, quit being an idiot and buy the game. trust us you'll love it i guarantee it if you dont then i'll pay you the 50 dollars plus tax ****...

It's a really awesome game. There is some throwback to Mario Bros 3 with the inew powerups and some throwback to Mario 64. I mean short of adding a cape powerup to Mario it encorporates a lot of elements in the great Mario games already made, then adds several unique game play elements and truly takes the franchise a step further.

Yes, for all the reasons already pointed out. Get up right now, get in your car, and go buy it... now.

Not Kidding.

Honest Review.
At first i was a bit confused on wheather i should get this game or not because everytime i watched a video all i seen was mario flying around planet to planet. But all i must say is if u enjoyed Mario 64 then u will enjoy this game. Its not all flying around there is a lot of interaction with the environment lil monsters etc. It has most classic music from previous mario games and more. Graphics are very precise and colourful, and gameplay is not to hard not to easy. So overall quit being so iffy and do ur Wii a favour and get the game it was made for :yesnod: (other then brawl and mario kart wii :p)

Atomheart said:
Yeah, once you get that video of you getting all 120 stars in 4 hours, I'll perhaps begin to believe you. Good luck. Even veteran players will take at least 15-20 hours to get all 120, and that's if you're going at a rather brisk pace. I'd rather take my time and enjoy it.

Yeah i agree with you, it took me around 10 hours to get the 60 and atm im on 92 and its taken another few hours.

Back