I've figured it out: Why i'm not getting a Wii just yet

art

WiiChat Member
Nov 13, 2006
Pretty much the main reason i want a Wii is to play Zelda, but then i found out about the DVD thing in 2007, and i was like "whats the point?". I want the DVD Wii end of story.

SO, yeah, the only reason i really want a Wii is to play zelda.

Then i remembered, ****, its coming out on Gamecube!

Not that thats anything new to anyone, but, after reading several reviews of the new zelda i get the impression the wii mote can, at times, be somewhat frustrating.

SO to hell with wii, i can probably pick up a secondhand GC for 25 bucks or something, and grab the GC zelda when it comes out and i'm happy as hell.

Because honestly, i don't have the cash for the wii at this time.

At least then i can wait till the dvd wii is out, and by then some other descent games [coruption, sunhsine..]

regardless, i don't have the cash for wii, GC saves my zelda withdrawal

They'll most probably sell it worldwide GreyKirby. I don't see reason for them not to.

It's a fair reason to be honest... But you won't phase me!! =P

Is the " dvd thing ", playing dvds?
And if so its not that great. :D

why didnt they just put dvd in this 1, instead of making a newer version. Makes me wanna stuff if and w8 longer, No point if they just gonna bring a beta 1 out not long after this, I wanted to see this atleast last another few years!

ive done research into this and nintendo wanted to keep the Wii as cheap as possible and to add Dvd playback they would need to add something to allow it to play dvds costing 50 bucks more. This is quoted by The important nintendo dude.

Now you wouldnt be wanting to pay for a 300$ Wii right? so in a years time they will sell the nintendo Wii for the same as it is for now except with the dvd playback.

My theory being that the Wii will stay at 250 for at least for 1-2 years.

BlightedArt said:
They'll most probably sell it worldwide GreyKirby. I don't see reason for them not to.

They didn't with gamecube. And buying a console for dvd playback isn't very smart. For the money/time they waste adding dvd capabilities they could of lowered the price, released it sooner, or added something.. I don't know.. more gameing console like? I'm all for a multi-media world, but I fail to see at this point in our digital history why consoles need dvd playback. Dvd players come cheaper then most consoles, and most computers have them too. I've got about 8 things that can play dvd, and I only bought one to do that, a dvd player. Seriously, I think it was a good move, those 50 bucks that would of gone into wii's dvd player can go into another game.

If you want to play dvd's, go buy a 25 buck dvd player, hook your wii through it, and viola, you can watch dvd's whenever.

You'd be wasting your money buying Zelda on the GameCube if you're just going to get the Wii at a later date. It's absolutely stupid to wait to get the DVD-playback Wii; everyone has a DVD player now-a-days. Now, instead of investing money into GC/Zelda, just save up a couple more bucks and get a Wii now. It's completely worth it.

I would just like to say say that I have TP and I haven't had a single problem with the controls at all so far.

BlightedArt said:

Many reasons why. Cost of production. Why spend the money to ship worldwide when nobody cares for it. Why isnt there a white PSP in US? But the reason to wait for it is pretty ridiculous. The gamecube version does not sport the same graphics as the Wii and if you really want the GC version instead guess what? The Wii will play it instead of buying a GC. Coming to a Wii forum and saying why you arent getting a Wii is pretty lame. Just my opinion though.

If im not mistaken ( Which i probably am because i dont know all the specs)
But... Game cube disks were merly Small dvds which u can easliy get for your dvd camera.
So now.. Since wii games are higher in size ( they use big disks ) which if im not mistaken should be the size of the DVD.
I honestly think that they did not put DVD within the released wii for the mere purpose to stop piracy. (Again i dont know the size but i figure its a dvd 4 gb around )

Make 'cents' to anyone else??

..... Idiot. Ooooh, im a guy without a DVD player and only getting a Wii bcoz of zelda... Who the hell buys a console for 1 game?!!!:prrr:

Back