Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

I've figured it out: Why i'm not getting a Wii just yet

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Chat' started by art, Nov 21, 2006.

1. art

art WiiChat Member

Pretty much the main reason i want a Wii is to play Zelda, but then i found out about the DVD thing in 2007, and i was like "whats the point?". I want the DVD Wii end of story.

SO, yeah, the only reason i really want a Wii is to play zelda.

Then i remembered, ****, its coming out on Gamecube!

Not that thats anything new to anyone, but, after reading several reviews of the new zelda i get the impression the wii mote can, at times, be somewhat frustrating.

SO to hell with wii, i can probably pick up a secondhand GC for 25 bucks or something, and grab the GC zelda when it comes out and i'm happy as hell.

Because honestly, i don't have the cash for the wii at this time.

At least then i can wait till the dvd wii is out, and by then some other descent games [coruption, sunhsine..]

2. GreyKirby

GreyKirby Fo-Weva Pink!

The DVD wii is only confirmed in Japan you don't even know if its comming out here

3. art

art WiiChat Member

regardless, i don't have the cash for wii, GC saves my zelda withdrawal

4. BlightedArt

BlightedArt vv OMG Emo hampster!! vv

They'll most probably sell it worldwide GreyKirby. I don't see reason for them not to.

It's a fair reason to be honest... But you won't phase me!! =P

5. Close

Close 幸せ雑&

Wii Friend Code: 0000-0000-0000-0000
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Is the " dvd thing ", playing dvds?
    And if so its not that great. :D

6. UKResist

UKResist Gabba 4 Life

why didnt they just put dvd in this 1, instead of making a newer version. Makes me wanna stuff if and w8 longer, No point if they just gonna bring a beta 1 out not long after this, I wanted to see this atleast last another few years!

7. zealotnic

zealotnic WiiChat Member

ive done research into this and nintendo wanted to keep the Wii as cheap as possible and to add Dvd playback they would need to add something to allow it to play dvds costing 50 bucks more. This is quoted by The important nintendo dude.

Now you wouldnt be wanting to pay for a 300$ Wii right? so in a years time they will sell the nintendo Wii for the same as it is for now except with the dvd playback.

My theory being that the Wii will stay at 250 for at least for 1-2 years.

8. Close

Close 幸せ雑&

Wii Friend Code: 0000-0000-0000-0000
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Dvd playback is that great :frown2:

9. Sanjo

Sanjo Wiseman of the Sea

They didn't with gamecube. And buying a console for dvd playback isn't very smart. For the money/time they waste adding dvd capabilities they could of lowered the price, released it sooner, or added something.. I don't know.. more gameing console like? I'm all for a multi-media world, but I fail to see at this point in our digital history why consoles need dvd playback. Dvd players come cheaper then most consoles, and most computers have them too. I've got about 8 things that can play dvd, and I only bought one to do that, a dvd player. Seriously, I think it was a good move, those 50 bucks that would of gone into wii's dvd player can go into another game.

If you want to play dvd's, go buy a 25 buck dvd player, hook your wii through it, and viola, you can watch dvd's whenever.

10. specialsauce

specialsauce WiiChat Member

You'd be wasting your money buying Zelda on the GameCube if you're just going to get the Wii at a later date. It's absolutely stupid to wait to get the DVD-playback Wii; everyone has a DVD player now-a-days. Now, instead of investing money into GC/Zelda, just save up a couple more bucks and get a Wii now. It's completely worth it.

11. Octogon

Octogon 戦士王

Wii Friend Code: 1979-1154-7425-1363
    1979-1154-7425-1363
    I would just like to say say that I have TP and I haven't had a single problem with the controls at all so far.

12. ryan_p275

ryan_p275 Banned

who gives a crap if the wii cant play dvd's :mad5: that doesent matter BESIDES WHO DOESENT HAVE A DVD PLAYER ? LOL

13. Lethal

Lethal Extreme Gamer

Wii Friend Code: 4683-8466-6765-2704
    4683-8466-6765-2704
    Many reasons why. Cost of production. Why spend the money to ship worldwide when nobody cares for it. Why isnt there a white PSP in US? But the reason to wait for it is pretty ridiculous. The gamecube version does not sport the same graphics as the Wii and if you really want the GC version instead guess what? The Wii will play it instead of buying a GC. Coming to a Wii forum and saying why you arent getting a Wii is pretty lame. Just my opinion though.

14. SoloSebo

SoloSebo WiiChat Member

If im not mistaken ( Which i probably am because i dont know all the specs)
    But... Game cube disks were merly Small dvds which u can easliy get for your dvd camera.
    So now.. Since wii games are higher in size ( they use big disks ) which if im not mistaken should be the size of the DVD.
    I honestly think that they did not put DVD within the released wii for the mere purpose to stop piracy. (Again i dont know the size but i figure its a dvd 4 gb around )

Make 'cents' to anyone else??

15. dan99iel

dan99iel Hai :3. I'm back.

Wii Friend Code: 2887-2716-7925-0177
    2887-2716-7925-0177
    ..... Idiot. Ooooh, im a guy without a DVD player and only getting a Wii bcoz of zelda... Who the hell buys a console for 1 game?!!!:prrr:

16. sheppy124

sheppy124 WiiChat Member

To be honest, my ps2 lazer died because of over use of the dvd player ability, The main reason I used it as a dvd player was, I should have bought a game cube instead, crap gameplay on the ps2 imo, ROLL ON THE WII IN EUROPE.:ihih:

(It wasnt that bad really)

17. UKResist

UKResist Gabba 4 Life

Yea i have a pc for dvd playing and sh*t so.. I suppose it aint all bad then.
    Wii dont need dvd power!!

18. Lethal

Lethal Extreme Gamer

Wii Friend Code: 4683-8466-6765-2704
    4683-8466-6765-2704
    Yes the first release of the PS2 had a faulty laser. Watching movies killed your PS2. Xbox never had that problem and Sony later fixed that problem. Either way I also will never watch a movie on my console. Thats why I bought the HD DVD player for the 360 lol.

19. paintba||er

paintba||er WiiChat Member

Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: s
    Wii Friend Code: 8354-0173-2009-5422
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    If they really wanted to they could just make a download so that you can play DVD's on your existing Wii. Because if I'm not mistaken the Wii games are on DVD's and the only reason you can't play DVD's is that the Wii doesn't have the software to play them.

20. Homesrfan

Homesrfan ftw

I really want the Wii DVD, but I'm definately not waiting. They NEED a software download. The reason I want a DVD Wii is simply to save space. Why not have a 2-in-1?