Approach this with an open mind, 6 Reasons why the Wii will fail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok seriously now, you are WRONG and i will show you

point A: What makes consoles fail? Lack of selling. Is the Wii not selling well? NO ITS THE MOST SELLING NEW CONSOLE (other then DS whitch is a Nintendo system.)

Point 2: yes the graphix are not jaw dropping, but has that hurt the selling of the Wii? no. No it has not.

Whach the PS3 crash and burn the and the Wii... crowed Vicorious in the console wars.

Ive only read the title of this thread and it makes me laugh !

@the author: Sorry to burst your bubble but the Wii has already succeeded !

AxelStone said:
This is a pretty terrible rebuttle, you are supposed to be giving me reasons to buy the Wii.

Give you reasons to buy the wii? Me thinks you're allready convinced it's ****, no convincing needed.

XD this guy is s ****ing funny saying the wii is gonna fail and die off. man your cracking me up the wii is a sucess your just a piece of **** who cant take a loss for you retarded fanboyism. I love the wii and the xbox 360 even though i dont own either of them I still enjoy playing them. leave our forum or else.

BapFap said:
Ok seriously now, you are WRONG and i will show you

point A: What makes consoles fail? Lack of selling. Is the Wii not selling well? NO ITS THE MOST SELLING NEW CONSOLE (other then DS whitch is a Nintendo system.)

Point 2: yes the graphix are not jaw dropping, but has that hurt the selling of the Wii? no. No it has not.

Whach the PS3 crash and burn the and the Wii... crowed Vicorious in the console wars.

Ok seriously now, YOU are WRONG and I will show you

counterpoint A: I dont know why everyone on here thinks the Wii has sold more than the 360. It hasn't. Wii has sold 13.17 Million, the 360 has sold 13.40 Million. Thats a difference of 230,000 units.

counterpoint 2: (why did you number it A, 2? why not 1, 2 or A, B?) No it has not, but thats because they aren't selling to the hardcore gamers, its just casual gamers who are buying just because. It seems as though it might have, as that is one of the Wii's largest criticisms and it seems to reinforce that kiddy image by refusing to amp up the graphics. By doing so, we get more cel-shaded games, and then it looks kiddy, which can shun buyers away. I know this firsthand.

PS3 has already crashed and burned. its like Sony's gamecube, only it failed faster. And I'm sorry, but I AM a huge Wii fan, and even I think the 360 will prevail over the Wii. The PS2 won the last console war, and it had nearly a years' headstart on GCN and Xbox. The 360 has a years' headstart on us and the PS3, so it has a huge advantage.

Why are people still replying? He stopped posting on the first page.

JAKE196 said:
How many games can you actaully think of that are minigames?

cooking mama, warioware, mario party 8, thats all i can think of.

There are more "hardcore" games than "casual" games I though this was well known.

I'm not saying Nintendo doesn't focus on casual games too, just saying.
you dont hear about much of the casual games but i could make a list triple the size of the hardcore games for wii.

sry for double post, but jake196 is wrong, at least i think so.

AxelStone said:
Ok heres a list of reasons why I believe the Wii will die the death is surely deserves, debate would be appreciated.

1. It is based on a nancy Gamecube ATi graphics processor while the 360 and PS3 are based on innovative NVIDIA processors.

Ok first off... ATI is greater than Nvidia... been with ATI since i first got a PC and always willl.... number 2. Gamecube graphics were greater than PS2s. the hardware in the gamecube was better than PS2s... and we all know PS2 had good graphics during the middle/end. with that said i dont see the Wii being introuble in the graphics dept.

3rd. the 360 HAS AN ATI card. so before you come in here making claims about "innovation" you might want to check your facts. your credablility has been shot down the tube now.

AxelStone said:
Ok heres a list of reasons why I believe the Wii will die the death is surely deserves, debate would be appreciated.

1. It is based on a nancy Gamecube ATi graphics processor while the 360 and PS3 are based on innovative NVIDIA processors.
2. It's medium; DVD pales in comparison to HD-DVD and Blu Ray and when games start to become to large to fit on DVD's developers will begin to turn away from the Wii.
3. It's controller uses batteries which are ultimately expensive.
4. It is unable to play DVD's, HD-DVD's or Blu Ray OR play generic video files. Oh but it can display static photos, hardcore.
5. Most of the games on the Wii are shallow First Party or Third Party titles which are essentially just re-hashed versions of past games (Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime 3 etc.). Also some Third Party developers have begun to release generic puzzle or simple 3D side scrollers which is an example of how developers don't actually take the console seriously.
6. In the end if the Wii didn't have the Wii-mote it would simply be a rather ordinary, graphically unimpressive console that focuses mainly on party games with little one player incentives to survive. It's gimmick incarnate and when developers begin to say "Hey! our games look like **** on this thing!!" support will dry up and you will all be left out in the cold.

Now let's have some rebuttle.

Lets go in order shall we ?

1. Wii isnt about graphics. It is about the originality and the creativity of the motion sensing controls. Which people are buying. 13 mil to be exact, and is winning which is why the Wii will not be 'dead'.

2. Wii is a videogame console not an 'entertainment system' as they call the ps3 or xbox 360.

3. Ever heard of the Nyko WiiMote Charger ?

4. Photos are just an extra. As I indirectly stated in number 2.

5. Um yeah. But wake up the Wii is NEW. You cant expect a lot of major titles to come out the first year >.<

6. Duh. Thats the whole point the Wii was made, to begin something different. Thank you Mr.OBVIOUS !

SensesFail said:
you dont hear about much of the casual games but i could make a list triple the size of the hardcore games for wii.

sry for double post, but jake196 is wrong, at least i think so.

Nice :) QFT and Repped.

AxelStone said:
This is a pretty terrible rebuttle, you are supposed to be giving me reasons to buy the Wii.

Here are a few reasons to buy the Wii.

1) More people have wii then any other console, so if u wanna be in the "in" Crowd then buy the damn console.

2)Girls like the wii better, So if u have a wii then girls will like you better.(if you are a girl then u already like the wii.)

3) (not a racist comment) If your white represent your colour. If your black help support the white.

4)If your gay it wil make u straight.

5) if your straight see #2

6) Anyone else wanna continue please start with 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back