Next-Gen Quagmire - sad state of the gaming industry?

You know what 360's problem is? The only good games are FPS. and i also love NHL 08

And also, the wii is the only true next gen console. PS3 and 360 just have nice graphics. Wii is truly innovative

samXcor3 said:
And also, the wii is the only true next gen console. PS3 and 360 just have nice graphics. Wii is truly innovative
In before people kick off on this one, yikes.

samXcor3 said:
You know what 360's problem is? The only good games are FPS. and i also love NHL 08
uh huh, oblivion, dead rising, mass effect, too human, and assassins creed, oh my!
seriously to be real get a 360. it does have the AAA titles out and since you already have a wii its probably your best bet. you said yourself ps3 doesnt have many good games so would you rather have 2 systems you hardly touch or 1 system with another system you play a lot but can possibly bug out for a month.

samXcor3 said:

WRONG WRONG WRONG!!!! Next-gen is not innovation buddy, its hardware and how big the games are. Elder Scrolls Oblivion is an awesome huge RPG!!! ITS GREAT!!! Halo 3 is an FPS and a damn good one too. FPSs aren't a bad thing they're great!! To think I wanted a Wii instead of a 360 too!! 360s are SUH-WEET!!!!!!!!!!! Rent one and see for yourself!!! I hate MINIGAMES!!!! Assasin's creed looks fantastic as well as Mass Effect. Bioshock seems great as well as Lost Planet!

Last edited:
Reason #2 for me is I have no less than three friends with the 360 and zero with the Wii. So if I had a 360 also I could trade games play online with them, and try out stuff they buy first before I drop a load of $ on a new title. So basically I have to have both...Lol

360=$5 a month for NO FREAKING FRIENDCODES HAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I F***ING LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Imagine for a sec... Halo 3 with friendcodes. I would hurl nonstop!!!!!!

I think alot has to do with how many games you want or need. I see no reason for a console not being successful, with only 3 or 4 games being considered "must have" being released every year. It's not going to satisfy the super hard core gamer, but for myself, who used to be one (I've had systems since the Pong Days) and only have time for a game once in a while, but want a good , fun experience, a Wii is right up my alley. Just like the gamecube was(is). I have 2 gamecubes. One on the 55" living room set, and one on the 37" in the kids room. Both get used, but inbetween the bike rides, movies, hockey table, karate, basketball, computer etc... No complaints, but just not 100% games all the time.

Monsteroids said:
Next-gen is not innovation buddy, its hardware and how big the games are.
thats also wrong. Next gen is innovation not just good graphics. Without innovation the world would be playing the same games over and over and get tired generation after generation. Innovation is key. It creates potential and success if you can execute

Z3wpk said:
thats also wrong. Next gen is innovation not just good graphics. Without innovation the world would be playing the same games over and over and get tired generation after generation. Innovation is key. It creates potential and success if you can execute

We ARE playing the same games over again just with small enhancements. The Wii has MINIGAMES on it we've had MINIGAMES before and the only people who like 'em are idiots. So hardware is how we proceed sine there is no innovation. The categories are still there, they're still the same. Nothing new, not even the Wii.

Monsteroids said:
We ARE playing the same games over again just with small enhancements. The Wii has MINIGAMES on it we've had MINIGAMES before and the only people who like 'em are idiots. So hardware is how we proceed sine there is no innovation. The categories are still there, they're still the same. Nothing new, not even the Wii.
I beg to differ the Wii isnt ONLY minigames they have a variety of new and innovative games like instead of move the analog stick to point at the bad guy with gun, its move your wiimote/zapper to aim at the guy for real I mean its slow progression but it is still progression

Monsteroids said:
Riiight Try Ghost Squad in the arcade and tell me about progression again.
im just saying that the PS3 and 360 have nothing completly different its all the the same same controller scheme and maybe a couple new online features or even a built in HDVD player but thats it the wii actually took a dive and went with something completely different. And btw arcade games are a whole different topic

Back