Approach this with an open mind, 6 Reasons why the Wii will fail

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just want to take the time to thank all of you who liked my previous posts. thanks for the rep too, whoever that was lol.

this guy's still wrong. ten bucks says he wont ever come back to WiiChat..

DId you guys see that movie with the head tracker for wii and how they appeared to be poping out of the screen......Anyway My best friend brother works for nintendo(engineer) and he said that nintendo has being spending alot of money (over 10 million dollar) in researching in head tracking and 3D tracking... (see video to see what in talking about),type of technology for wii and we will be seeing it on later 08 or early 09........Beat that PS3 and XBOX360 now tell me which counsle will fail. Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd3-eiid-Uw&eurl=http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~johnny/projects/wii/

The wii is the most economically sound investment for both the consumer and Nintendo. The economy couldn't afford another $500+ gaming console.
(yes I recall the original Xbox with a launch retail price for between $500-600 where I live.)

The fact that Ninty lost the last two rounds was hurting their funds for new technology. They couldn't afford to mass produce a custom super computer on a massive scale like Sony or Micorsoft. The money just wasn't there.

So the motion sensing "gimmick" was the best way to make a system running on today's (not tomorrow's) technology look fresh. And also they needed a niche to snag in the new gamers, the casual crowd. Since the hardcore fan base had been lost to the Master Chiefs and Kratos's of this generation.

They went with the "cheap, fun, stylish, and easy" tactic. and they sold more units than they ever hoped. They have done phenomenally well considering how far behind they were before the wii.

Now they have enough money to invest in technologies that can rival that of the upcoming PS4 and Xbox (720?) So come the next generation, we will have the user friendly pick up and play interface of the wii with the graphical capabilities of at least a 360 if not better.

The wii may fail closer to the end of the generation if the casual crowd grows bored, and the killer aps finally show up on the ps3 (360 already has their ace in the hole: halo 3 and a few others coming) Even still ninty will have enough money to stay around for a long time to come.

Ninty just wised up, instead of playing hard like the other two who were having processor power ego-penis fights :
(OMGzz teh early graphics on the games for both ps3 and 360 look/play better on teh 360..lulz, or, Blu-Ray will pwn j00 and ur crappy HD-DVD)

They'd played smart instead.

Ninty was looking into what made gaming intimidating for the non-gamer, why were so many afraid to play? They designed a system for those who wanted to take it easy and not get into a firefight over tech specs. A fun alternative to the full-contact sport that has become of competitive gaming. The wii was marketed as the safe, affordable alternative if you didn't want to sink a large amount of money into your console.

Consider the fact that they make a small profit on every wii they sell, and yet sony is losing money on every ps3 that goes in the shelves due to development costs. They're praying for blu-ray sales to pick up and offset the deficit cause by the ps3.
and the 360 is just plodding along despite the RRoD they still manage to sell and with Halo 3 out and games like Mass Effect there's no sign of them slowing any time soon. And they were even kind enough to devise a system to fix Red Ringed 360s, although results may vary, and the process is supposedly lengthly, at least it's been addressed.

The wii is not the end of Nintendo, and anyone who thinks it is will be sorely mistaken in a few years.

Last edited:
TTACKK said:
DId you guys see that movie with the head tracker for wii and how they appeared to be poping out of the screen......Anyway My best friend brother works for nintendo(engineer) and he said that nintendo has being spending alot of money (over 10 million dollar) in researching in head tracking and 3D tracking... (see video to see what in talking about),type of technology for wii and we will be seeing it on later 08 or early 09........Beat that PS3 and XBOX360 now tell me which counsle will fail. Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd3-eiid-Uw&eurl=http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~johnny/projects/wii/
i think we've all seen that video by now, it was on the home page all day yesterday and i gotta say if nintendo is really putting ten million into reseraching that, and they actually put good games out that use it (not gimicky mini game collections) then they have my vote for best console.

I don't get all these "why it fails, why the others work better" threads...

All the game systems are selling at an alarming rate - more than ever before. I think that qualifies all the current consoles a success at many levels.

Who cares? Play what you want, enjoy what you want. 'nuff said.

twilightx said:
I don't get all these "why it fails, why the others work better" threads...

All the game systems are selling at an alarming rate - more than ever before. I think that qualifies all the current consoles a success at many levels.

Who cares? Play what you want, enjoy what you want. 'nuff said.

Exactly. I don't get those discussions either (hence my not so serious reply). It's the golden age of video gaming. I'm glad there are three major companies selling consoles so they have to compete to be the best and deliver high quality products.

Personally I think Nintendo succeeds best with the Wii, but I didn't always root for Nintendo.

SensesFail said:
i think we've all seen that video by now, it was on the home page all day yesterday and i gotta say if nintendo is really putting ten million into reseraching that, and they actually put good games out that use it (not gimicky mini game collections) then they have my vote for best console.
i know just imagen MP3 in that or a Jamesbond game like that............................................but it whont be here untill 09-08

TTACKK said:
i know just imagen MP3 in that or a Jamesbond game like that............................................but it whont be here untill 09-08
yeah but that's only a year away, it's already 08 practically, so theres maybe a year-year and a half before we see SOMETHING with this. the first games will probably be a rail shooter, or minigames just to test the market for this type of stuff.

One reason why the Wii won't fail:

Casual Gamers

Its a good and bad thing. One thing is for sure if Wii Fit outsells SMG it is basically confirmed the downfall of the industry. Where mediocre gimmicky games take over.

Shadow2K6 said:
One reason why the Wii won't fail:

Casual Gamers

Its a good and bad thing. One thing is for sure if Wii Fit outsells SMG it is basically confirmed the downfall of the industry. Where mediocre gimmicky games take over.

That's exactly what I'm worried about with Nintendo. They tried to maintain the balance with the wii by putting out alot of gimmicky minigame games to widen their audience, and a couple of good ones like Zelda: TP, MP3, Guitar Hero, Resident Evil, Manhunt, etc, with a few more on the way, like Monster Hunter and No More Heroes for the hardcore gamer. However, these games are vastly outnumbered by games like Cooking Mama :wtf: yeah...so I think this is Nintendo's crucial period, to see where its going to stand in the industry for years to come.

Last edited:
M4573RM1ND said:
That's exactly what I'm worried about with Nintendo. They tried to maintain the balance with the wii by putting out alot of gimmicky minigame games, and a couple of good ones like Zelda: TP, MP3, Guitar Hero, Resident Evil, Manhunt, etc, with a few more on the way, like Monster Hunter and No More Heroes. However, these games are vastly outnumbered by games like Cooking Mama :wtf: yeah...so I think this is Nintendo's crucial period, to see where its going to stand in the industry for years to come.
How many games can you actaully think of that are minigames?

cooking mama, warioware, mario party 8, thats all i can think of.

There are more "hardcore" games than "casual" games I though this was well known.

I'm not saying Nintendo doesn't focus on casual games too, just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back