Next-Gen Quagmire - sad state of the gaming industry?

Z3wpk said:
im sorry rephrase that

:rolleyes: You are a freaking idiot. I said that as bluntly as I possibly could. Aim and fire, been there done that. The Wii is nothing new. The motion sensing is pretty bad too. BEEN THERE DONE THAT. Its cool, but its nothing new.

The PS3 pretty much has everything in place except for worthwhile games. All I do with mine is download demos, and I have yet to buy a game in almost 3 months. As mentioned by chwich67, if the 360 case is the main reason for the ring of death, then what's the point of buying a 360 with the same case? Gran Turismo and Final Fantasy may save PS3 for a while but 2 games cannot carry a console for too long. This is why I think that the loss of exclusives is much more dire than Sony makes it out to be. Devil May Cry, Ace Combat and GTA. In addition, to actually think that Tekken 6 is rumored to come on 360 just shows that PS3 has a lot of catching up to do. It's going to be really hard therefore to risk money on new franchises that take an eternity to develop and then have less than stellar results. For example Lair and Heavenly Sword. What ever happened to the good old days of gaming.

Monsteroids said:
:rolleyes: You are a freaking idiot. I said that as bluntly as I possibly could. Aim and fire, been there done that. The Wii is nothing new. The motion sensing is pretty bad too. BEEN THERE DONE THAT. Its cool, but its nothing new.

Why are you so hostile? It is obviouse you like the 360, good for you. But what's the point in coming to the wii section of this site and baggin on it and attacking people who do like it? I don't understand this....

romj said:
Why are you so hostile? It is obviouse you like the 360, good for you. But what's the point in coming to the wii section of this site and baggin on it and attacking people who do like it? I don't understand this....

I'm saying the industry as a whole is repetitious. I'm not attacking the Wii. I'm just saying it isn't innovative. Its not that new to the industry. Nor are the 360 or PS3. Innovation is like jumping from 2d to 3d or even sandbox games. Its bringing in a new category of gaming with a BRAND NEW STYLE of gaming which hasn't happened yet and with the direction Nintendo is going will never happen. They're focusing on idiots who like five minutes of minigames and no depth whatsoever. 360 and PS3 are bringing depth but are overcrowded with games of the same genre as well. For this reason you can't actually decide which will make any impact on the industry or if any of them will (as in moving forward GAMING-WISE). It might be like last-gen.

guys, lets keep this somewhat on topic. This is on a post for the wii but more or less the 360 and the PS3

I was in the same boat. Beat all my wii games. Haven't touched the system in over a month. I traded all those games. I also traded in my psp and junk. I ended up paying $165 for a Refurbished 60gig PS3 and Warhawk. I felt I needed a real next gen system that would be good for my HDTV. I'm very impressed with Warhawk and my now-gen PS3. Come november, the ps3 will have been out a year. I think the system is underated. You have Warhawk, folklore, Drakes Fortune, Resistence, Ratchet and Clank, Heavenley sword, Lair, Eye of Judgement,and Final Fantasy XIII. And plenty of non exclusives that are great games. I think the ps3 is doing well and people just jump on the band wagon of hating the system and lineup. I was one of those people, but I feel like a made an outstanding purchase, considering THose non-online Wii games were gathering dust and losing value.

Back