Wii Fail At Life: Wait... What? (Caution)

Budo said:
I'm a huge graphic and online whore, and agree that they could have upped the graphics a bit. They could also be pursuing an online option with a lot more zeal than they currently are.

That being said, they're obviously doing something right with their games... hence my expanding game collection below. The PC still holds a slight edge in gaming for me though.
Yep, PC definitely has the best graphics on any games.

Mine currently has better graphics than the PS3 :yesnod:

ohhhh god good job Atomic, u continue to open the gates of hell :lol: ...anyway if u want me views on the Wii go to the Thread called Wii in danger of being the gamecube...i state all my thoughts in the like the 1st 9 pages of the thread...and let add i love my wii but there are HUGE flaws to it.

I really think the only thing that the Nintendo needs to get straight is the online support. The use of the internet for multiplayer games is a must in todays gaming industry, and Nintendo better do something right with SSBB and Mario Kart because those 2 games will be how Wii's online is seen in the future.

Use of the wiimote in games is more immersive than any graphics have ever done to me. So I'm not complaining about the graphics the Wii can put out. I thought graphics were good enough back with the N64 and PS1, but apparently most Westerners don't think a game can be good unless they can see brain matter spewed everywhere from another head shot (BTW, I am so sick of FPS games that I refuse to buy any of these repetitive games again).

brigipson said:
exactly cause im really gettin tired of complaints about the wii this the wii that i know my wii is sweet and could never go back to regular gaming but if you dont like the wii by all means sell it and shut the he** up lol

Once again. You probably didn't read the first post.

Read it.

Now who are you trying to convince?

largedarry said:
I really think the only thing that the Nintendo needs to get straight is the online support. The use of the internet for multiplayer games is a must in todays gaming industry, and Nintendo better do something right with SSBB and Mario Kart because those 2 games will be how Wii's online is seen in the future.

Use of the wiimote in games is more immersive than any graphics have ever done to me. So I'm not complaining about the graphics the Wii can put out. I thought graphics were good enough back with the N64 and PS1, but apparently most Westerners don't think a game can be good unless they can see brain matter spewed everywhere from another head shot (BTW, I am so sick of FPS games that I refuse to buy any of these repetitive games again).
Yes, FPS are getting kind of old. But the FPS Wii market might expand with the introduction of the good 3rd parties.

The Wii is only second to PC in controls. As far as FPS's go, anyways.

Last edited:
And yet, the Wii is still better.

1. Graphics
Notice how smooth the graphics are on the Wii, notice the subtle lighting effects, notice the camera movement. Notice the lack of screen artifacts.
PS3 graphics are virtually indistinguishable from high end PS2 graphics. Look at FF12, then at anything on the PS3, and see that PS3 hasn't really advanced graphically. Hell, half the stuff is still flat textures pasted onto flat backgrounds...
Look, look at the visible Pixels, the sawtoothed curves!

2. What about Nintendo's online is terrible? Granted, I'm not a FPS gamer, so I don't have much experience with Console online. Is it just the Lack of online multi-player games?
Explain, in detail, why PS3 and 360 have better On-Line than Nintendo.
Also, Explain how 360's is good enough to justify the cost.

3. Okay, I concede this point. We need more third party support. The real problem is that, starting back at the SNES, Nintendo got out of sinc with it's competitors, and couldn't hold on properly. They've fixed that problem now, and it's just a matter of luring back those lost allies. Which they're doing. They damn near have square-enix sown back up... And Sony is helping them, by being difficult and expensive...

4. Disagree. Raw numbers generated by non-performance testing mean nothing. Okay, the PS360 generates more Frames per Second. Yet for some reason, the Wii's graphics and gameplay are smoother...
As for AI and Physics engines, those are the results of the Games themselves, not the console. Portal on the Wii would have the same Physics system as Portal on the 360. If they made it for the Wii.

even if the wii is behind in todays high end graphics and processor..i still play it more than the 360..i dont know why but the games are more fun and have more replayability..i like the 360s online capabilities though..but its got its down sides (loud, risk of rrod :sick:)..by the way..i cant make out whats going on in the picture..i see a ps3 and a 360..but whats with the tear drop and the stars? :confused:

Saw toothed edges are usually the fault of said TV and component cables. You'll see it on the Wii just as much.

your statement on P- hold on, let me slap myself real quick.

Are you kidding? Have you seen Ratchet and Clank graphics!? The PS3's graphics have more potential than the 360! The system is freaking being used to find a cure for cancer!

And the Wii's graphics aren't "Bad", just "Behind".

Physics and AI take up processing power. Yeah, it's dependent on the game, but it's up to the system to be able to pull it off. The Wii could do Portal, but it would be dumbed down a bit as far as graphics go.

I mean, if the Wii was half as powerful as the PS3, then what's with the Wii being left out of the loop of multi-platform hits!?

I WANT ORANGE BOX!

Don't get me wrong. I love the Wii. I usually defend it. But some things are just obvious. I still think the Wii has a lot of potential.

AtomicB said:
The PS3's graphics have more potential than the 360! The system is freaking being used to find a cure for cancer!

:lol: :lol: i love that,..love it so much ill put it in my sig...:lol:

Quoted TiwazTyrsfist

Well I just sold my Wii for an Xbox 360. I bought the 360 Blind and here are my findings to answer your questions.

1. The graphics definately are not flat textures on flat backgrounds. A perfect example is Call of Duty 4 that was just released. Watch a video on that and tell me the textures are flat. Even a basic game like Viva Pinata has great textures.

2. The online play is simply amazing. First off you only add someone's screen name and the other person accepts or declines it. You'll get a little onscreen note when they log on or off. You can see what game they are currently playing and choose to jump in game with them. You can send Text Messages or Voice Chat with anyone online, even in game or while playing 2 different games. Your communication is system wide, not game wide... so I can be playing solitare while your playing Halo and we can still talk. Also you can download hundreds of game demos or sample any of hundreds of arcade games before shelling out hard core cash. You can download FULL LENGTH movies to watch for 3 days. You can view your personal files on your PC's network to listen to music on your surround sound or look at pictures with your huge HDTV. The list goes on and on.

The update that came out today enables you to download original XBox games and be able to look at your Friends Friend-list... and more.

3. Doesn't apply for comparison

4. You are probably right with the Portals game, but they would have to come out with a degraded graphics engine to compensate which is fine, whatever it takes to get good games on the Wii. The biggest thing is that companies have been striving to push the graphical front and their gaming engines are just too powerful to run on the Wii. So in order to do that they would have to backtrack, which kinda of defeats the purpose of building an engine. I don't see why they don't use older engines like Half Life 1, or Unreal Tournament for the Wii. There are lots of older computer games with good engines that would work great on the Wii.

Last edited:
yeah i agree and iv said myself a million times ONLINE FOR WII IS shite.

excuse my english

but your point on mario galaxyies graphics not being good just good art styles iv heard that argument before and heres what i have to say,

using art to make tha graphics look good and the land masses look more real, and using art to make the water look so dam good, then why is that not classed as graphics? the water looks amazing, but your saying its not graphics, what else is it, doesnt matter how they do it, if it looks great then its called good graphics. does not matter how its done in the slightest.

other than that, the friend code are soo god dam retarded, nintendo must realise we all hate them, with some people who dont give a ****. but they keep turning a blind eye to us, and the likely hood of a headset slim at best, the only only reason its slim and not never gonna happen is because DS even has one for crying out loud, if wii doesnt get one soon and drop its shitty friend codes system then well nintendo WILL fail among the hardcore gamers, iv already turned to a PS3 for its online, and eventually Wii may loose me altogether, with exceptions of great game releases which i may or may not pick up in the future, due to other games on PS3.

but Brawl will be coming to my home on launch

but just a few PS3 online facts people possibly DONT know, as iv heard them in conversations as to why the PS£ is apparently not as good as 369

PS3 does let you see which friends are online when, and what game they are playing,
PS3 has Good chat and message system (with one fatal flaw. you must be in game with each other or not ingame at all to chat)

you get told when people sign on/off and get told when you recieve a message (but you have to exit game to read (SUCKS))

graphics are currently = to xbox 360 graphics, but 360 is a year older, look back a year at how much better 360's newer games graphics are compared to a year ago, they always improve on every console, So PS3 will surpass 360 in due time, especially when 360 reaches its graphical limit and PS£ powers on.

PS3 is NOT over priced in fact its under priced, just Expensive. take all its functions/ parts out and add value it would cost a hell of a lot more to buy each function seperate, and its more convinient to have it all in one place.

PS3' media center is 100X better than 360's with abilities to take photos, music, videos, from any bluetooth Device/PC and either stream them to your PS3 or quickly transfer it there. WIRELESSLY

But PS3, online is not as good as 360's ill agreen considering, 360 has a unified friends list, and better chat/message service.

oh and PS£ just add a friends name then they get a message accept/decline

Last edited:
TiwazTyrsfist said:

1. Graphics
Notice how smooth the graphics are on the Wii, notice the subtle lighting effects, notice the camera movement. Notice the lack of screen artifacts.
PS3 graphics are virtually indistinguishable from high end PS2 graphics. Look at FF12, then at anything on the PS3, and see that PS3 hasn't really advanced graphically. Hell, half the stuff is still flat textures pasted onto flat backgrounds...

2. What about Nintendo's online is terrible? Granted, I'm not a FPS gamer, so I don't have much experience with Console online. Is it just the Lack of online multi-player games?

3. Okay, I concede this point. We need more third party support. The real problem is that, starting back at the SNES, Nintendo got out of sinc with it's competitors, and couldn't hold on properly. They've fixed that problem now, and it's just a matter of luring back those lost allies. Which they're doing. They damn near have square-enix sown back up... And Sony is helping them, by being difficult and expensive...

4. Disagree. Raw numbers generated by non-performance testing mean nothing. Okay, the PS360 generates more Frames per Second. Yet for some reason, the Wii's graphics and gameplay are smoother...
As for AI and Physics engines, those are the results of the Games themselves, not the console. Portal on the Wii would have the same Physics system as Portal on the 360. If they made it for the Wii.

no offense but your first two points are ridiculous. the ps3 is like 8X better graphics than any system on the market right now. also 360s online justifies the cost because its awesome. and what we want from nintendos online is ONE username or MULTIPLE usernames per console, not some 40 digit number and then another for each individual game, besides annoying its simply impractical. you dont have a house phone and then different numbers for each individual phone in your house.

I mean art doesn't count as graphics by a, you know, technical standpoint.

Like, take No More Heroes.

It looks a lot like someone took some severed body parts of that lead guy from Grease, Elvis, and a T-shirt from DarkPrinny, glued it together, and vwala, you have Travis's character model.

But with the added art style it makes it look good. So from a technological stand point, NMH isn't that impressive, but the art really adds a lot, you know what I mean?

1. Graphics

Wait what...are you kidding me :sick:. Have you not seen GT5 yet, that game looks close to being real x.x. Don't you say the Wii's graphics are better then PS3, if you do then I don't know what's running through your head.

Problems with the Wii's online:
Friend Codes
Features
Voice Chat
Scoreboards/Rankings
Accessibility/Ease of Use
Downloadable Content
Updates

I'd rather pay $60-$80 a year for online with tons of features then something that comes free that doesn't deliver.

Why is everyone saying the PS3 is expensive -.-. Makes no sense to me. What you're getting for $400 is...

-Blu-Ray Player
-System that plays games
-40GB HDD
-5 Free Blu Ray Discs

3rd party support for the wii has been really bad thus far. No games from the companies have shown any true value or anything that would keep a person's interest.

The AI in most games I've played on the Wii haven't been so great. I don't know if it's due to the Wii or the company making it. If you want a game with very stupid AI, check out Medal of Honor Heroes 2.

brigipson said:
ok i have to ask you guys in here one thing do any of you like the wii if your answer is yes then shut up, jeez how come every day i check these threads someone one is always complaining if you really dont like your wiis sell them or trade them in cause im tired of people complaining about there wiis jeez i have love for my wii and thats all i care about

That's what forums are for. And also, we're not saying we hate the Wii, just it needs a lot of improvements.

Last edited:
Nothing a few firmware updates can't fix...
Actually, there are tons of things it can't fix...

Why the heck is the PS3 getting so many firmware updates and we aren't!
Wii is the hungry kid in Nigeria!

Nintendo dosn't go for tech. duh.

Oh most hysterical thing ever!!!

1. Graphics

Isn't this hysterical!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: AHAHAHAHAA!!!!!!!!

Back