Approach this with an open mind, 6 Reasons why the Wii will fail

Status
Not open for further replies.
SensesFail said:
Six Reasons Why You're Gay:

1: You join a wii chat to flame a console, clearly looking for an internet fight
2: Your name of choice is AxelStone
3: Your arguments were completely wrong for the most part, making you a dumbass.
4: Your second post, asking us to tell you reasons to buy a wii, competely conflicts with your original, wii hating post.
5: You probably dont own a single next gen console, and your most likly pissed you spent all your money on a gamecube last gen.
6: Because i said so.

see, i can make things up too. :)

haha, this guy... *shakes head playfully*^^

ok, well I will say this, if you take away their graphics cards what the hell are ps3 and 360? Oh yeah, a PS2 and original xbox.
So you can either take stance A) 360 and ps3 add not much new in terms of actual gameplay advancement, or B) Take away the wiimote and the wii is a little bit more powerful than the cube, and in the same boat as ps3 and 360 in terms of advancing the system.

Also, people buy DVD players to watch DVDs. The casual Wii-ster doesn't say I want a Wii to play DVDs, they say Wii is fun, and yeah I want that, and also the PS3 and 360 are intimidating with their talk of Blu Ray vs HD DVD or any other add on which you could possibly think of.

Nintendo is building up their casual base and advancing the system along with it. When Nintendo has a hard drive ready, hardcore wii owners will breathe relief while casuals say, hmm, this might be worth my time I may have to look into it.

And by the way, your entire post, OP is essentially negated since you are not really looking for answers, just an argument, considering you used the term "nancy" to describe the Wii's processor. Wait, can you name a % of Wii owners who know/care what a processor is?

Hmm...

It's a console. People buy consoles to have fun. If fun can be obtained at a reasonable price, then the consumers will go there. This is what put the PS2 on top, and is what will put the Wii on top. It's simply the most affordable console to make games on, and buy games for.

Last I checked the Wii is winning. Let us know when this changes. So 5-6 years from now.

just wanted to come by before i go to bed and say this guy's still wrong....

your battery point is not good as well. Just get rechargables! I still play with the same battery's I got months ago :p

AxelStone said:
Ok heres a list of reasons why I believe the Wii will die the death is surely deserves, debate would be appreciated.

1. It is based on a nancy Gamecube ATi graphics processor while the 360 and PS3 are based on innovative NVIDIA processors.
2. It's medium; DVD pales in comparison to HD-DVD and Blu Ray and when games start to become to large to fit on DVD's developers will begin to turn away from the Wii.
3. It's controller uses batteries which are ultimately expensive.
4. It is unable to play DVD's, HD-DVD's or Blu Ray OR play generic video files. Oh but it can display static photos, hardcore.
5. Most of the games on the Wii are shallow First Party or Third Party titles which are essentially just re-hashed versions of past games (Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime 3 etc.). Also some Third Party developers have begun to release generic puzzle or simple 3D side scrollers which is an example of how developers don't actually take the console seriously.
6. In the end if the Wii didn't have the Wii-mote it would simply be a rather ordinary, graphically unimpressive console that focuses mainly on party games with little one player incentives to survive. It's gimmick incarnate and when developers begin to say "Hey! our games look like **** on this thing!!" support will dry up and you will all be left out in the cold.

Now let's have some rebuttle.

1.so?? where are the sales of xbox360 and ps3??? people don't care about this!!

2.mayby yes, but why does nintnendo and wii's games have the higher software sales???
also, the wii has the most games currently in develop!!!(and the more exclusives)

3.there are already first-party chargers in markets!! (made by nintendo, and they are CHEAP!!

4.it can play through the internet channel, orb etc, if you have a fast internet connection!!
*everyone has a pc or a dvd player for movies!!

5.that's just your opinion!!
- and mayby the only one that i might agree!!
- not enough thow to cause wii to fail!!

6.the key for wii's success is not just the wii remote but the main reason for which video games are made ---D FUN!!

*imagine how "****" mario party or wii sports could have been on ps3/xbox360.....could have been awful games!!
BUT, wii makes them to sell millions!!

mayby i should make a thread: " Reasons why Wii is going to succeed"!!!

Last edited:
SensesFail said:
Six Reasons Why You're Gay:

1: You join a wii chat to flame a console, clearly looking for an internet fight
2: Your name of choice is AxelStone
3: Your arguments were completely wrong for the most part, making you a dumbass.
4: Your second post, asking us to tell you reasons to buy a wii, competely conflicts with your original, wii hating post.
5: You probably dont own a single next gen console, and your most likly pissed you spent all your money on a gamecube last gen.
6: Because i said so.

see, i can make things up too. :)

OMG.....sorry for double posting.....but, no way i couldn't congratulate you for that!!! :)

best post EVER!!! :sick:

"The fall of wii" Wii can't fall. Because it has already won. Outselling the xbox and the Ps3 wasn't what the compony was expecting, but it happend and for christmas stores are out of stock to the ever so popular wii. Wii falling is surely not an option or possiblity even if they were to try. But loss of interest is, but that is also very very slim like 99 to 1 (out of 99 posiblities theres always that 1). Before i had the wii console how much did i think how the wiimote is going to tackle down this game and then this and then so on and so forth. Im not the only one.

Graphics does not make a Gaming console a gaming console. Gameplay does, and a part of gameplay is the new motion sensing capability that wii pulls off flawlessly. Wii made the best buisness choice from all 3 systems. Not adding all these mombo-jumbos (ex. dvd player/blueray player and etc) that just make the consoles high in price. People buy Game consoles for the purpose of gaming, not to watch dvd movies. Everyone has dvd players and people have HD-DVD players already (i know i do). Hands down Nintendo did the smartest. They've patented the wii/mote. Wow imagen the next consoles. When graphics get better it ultimately varies in small comparison how far can Microsoft and Sony go. But on the other hand the nintendo can make another console with the graphics that the Ps3 and 360 have, for their next console and it would be cheaper than the next sony cosole and the microsoft console. Nintendo made the best buisness decision. In other words Nintendo OWNS the ps3 and xbox.

MVGeneral said:
"The fall of wii" Wii can't fall. Because it has already won. Outselling the xbox and the Ps3 wasn't what the compony was expecting, but it happend and for christmas stores are out of stock to the ever so popular wii. Wii falling is surely not an option or possiblity even if they were to try. But loss of interest is, but that is also very very slim like 99 to 1 (out of 99 posiblities theres always that 1). Before i had the wii console how much did i think how the wiimote is going to tackle down this game and then this and then so on and so forth. Im not the only one.

Graphics does not make a Gaming console a gaming console. Gameplay does, and a part of gameplay is the new motion sensing capability that wii pulls off flawlessly. Wii made the best buisness choice from all 3 systems. Not adding all these mombo-jumbos (ex. dvd player/blueray player and etc) that just make the consoles high in price. People buy Game consoles for the purpose of gaming, not to watch dvd movies. Everyone has dvd players and people have HD-DVD players already (i know i do). Hands down Nintendo did the smartest. They've patented the wii/mote. Wow imagen the next consoles. When graphics get better it ultimately varies in small comparison how far can Microsoft and Sony go. But on the other hand the nintendo can make another console with the graphics that the Ps3 and 360 have, for their next console and it would be cheaper than the next sony cosole and the microsoft console. Nintendo made the best buisness decision. In other words Nintendo OWNS the ps3 and xbox.

everything you have said is 100% correct!!!

Nintendo has already won!!

1. It is based on a nancy Gamecube ATi graphics processor while the 360 and PS3 are based on innovative NVIDIA processors.

Technically inferior yet Artistically superior! :)

2. It's medium; DVD pales in comparison to HD-DVD and Blu Ray and when games start to become to large to fit on DVD's developers will begin to turn away from the Wii. :yesnod: Only nerds care 'bout that. Does this affect fun factor. NO!

3. It's controller uses batteries which are ultimately expensive. :yesnod: Lol only a minor annoyance, but I see your point

4. It is unable to play DVD's, HD-DVD's or Blu Ray OR play generic video files. Oh but it can display static photos, hardcore. :yesnod: Meh, I've got a laptop for HD-DVDs. Many people have another way to watch movies. Heh... DVD players, modern PCs, HD-DVD Players.

5. Most of the games on the Wii are shallow First Party or Third Party titles which are essentially just re-hashed versions of past games (Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime 3 etc.). Also some Third Party developers have begun to release generic puzzle or simple 3D side scrollers which is an example of how developers don't actually take the console seriously.

Heheh... I see. Also there are companies trying to make something great for the Wii. EA, Goichi Suda, Sega, etc. Also these re-hashed games are for the fan, the hardcore player. Yeah yeah whatever, they have the same story etc. God, all people get Halo for is just multi-player. The story is fairly mediocre otherwise. Final Fantasy is too disjointed for me as well.

For me Nintendo gets it just right. A new hook with our favorite characters in the same nostalgic trouble. :p

Nintendo first-party is TRUE HARDCORE AND HAS BEEN SINCE SOMEWHERE IN THE 70s! :p

6. In the end if the Wii didn't have the Wii-mote it would simply be a rather ordinary, graphically unimpressive console that focuses mainly on party games with little one player incentives to survive. It's gimmick incarnate and when developers begin to say "Hey! our games look like **** on this thing!!" support will dry up and you will all be left out in the cold.

AHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! Its just impossible! I love this!!! AHAHAHAHAAAAAAHA!!!
Problem: That didn't happen and never would! :lol: Funny that the heart of your statement is an impossible what-if story!!!

On paper the Wii sounds just AWFUL, but seriously I gotta say it has 1)Nostalgia 2)A new page to their adventures 3)Fun for the family

Not bad, not bad! Add Ninties fanbase and you're dressed for success!

Last edited:
Your arguement is just soooo stupid as to why this console will fail.. It just very simply wont. Its selling incredibly well. It isnt about great graphics its ALL about gameplay. I have an xbox 360 as well btw but its now sitting gatherin dust cause its just not as much fun as the wii. I actually put it up for sale yesterday because with the wii there Im just simply not going to use it.
If Nintendo keep working on this wih the controllers the way they've started makin things as interactive as they can I think theyre on a winner.

No need to flame him for having an opinion.

My argument:

1. Although the graphics are inferior to the powerfull PS3 and 360, the Wii is still able to "shove out" titles like TP, SMG, SSBB, MP3, all of which had very reasonable visual glory.

2. Although you may not be able to fit AS MUCH on the DVD format disks, you are still able to fit a very large ammount in a DVD. Developers will, however, most likely go for the larger space when developing high-graphic hardcore games, but that's not what the Wii is all about.

3. The X-Box 360 controller uses 2 AA batteries as well D= You can, however, buy charging packs/docks for both systems.

4. Yes, you are right here. The Wii does lack what everything else has in a DVD player but since everything else has it, does it matter?

5. Nintendo is sporting a huge age range of 4-60+ on these mini games. You cant call that failing gaming plan. Hardcore gamers will usually be weary of systems like this, but popular titles such as SSBB and MP3 pull some of them back in. Violence makes $

6. Although the novelty of the Wii Remote runs out quick on some developers, there are countless others willing to work with the motion-sensing abilities of the Wii-mote to make inovative games that many will enjoy (Ubisoft is a prime example)

As a huge Wii supporter HEREs why Wii MIGHT fail. And its it's price. If Wii doesnt get a price drop soon, 360 will be the same price as it, AND the 360 comes bundled with one and occasionally two standalone games (which arent just techy demo Sports games). (Also has better graphics yaddayadda). But not enough people want a 360 (people were willing to shell out PS3 prices for Wii's) so it isnt going to happen, not anytime soon atleast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back