just played MOH online for first time

...or just someone who blows at using analog controllers. :lol:

perfectly understandable. it's all about preference, and shiny graphics are just a nice thing to have.

In the time the Wii well get wayy better shooters for online so like that other guy said cut it some slack and if u cant handle it stick to cod4 and leave moh to us :p (makes me wish metriod was online, oh the joy):lol:

Last edited:
Someone doesn't remember goldeneye that well.

I'll grant you the inferior gfx point, and I have no qualms about saying COD4 is the far superior game (leaving controls aside), but c'mon. It's not goldeneye era gfx, not even close. The last time this point was brought up, someone actually posted side-by-sides to demonstrate the point.

MoHH2 is what you get on Wii when you have a team whose never dev'd consoles before and give them no money. Naturally when you bring in the biggest guns you have and give them a blank check (COD4), they're going to be able to deliver a better title.

I think one important point here is that Goldeneye is still very fun, even today, despite the graphics.

It was the first online FPS for the Wii, it has mad problems and it can be improved in dozens of ways but its just a start for future development much like a beta version, yes yes we all kno that 360 and ps3 graphics are phenomical but on MY personal choice, i would choose motion sensing over analogue stick for FPS anytime, and yes I do suck at using analogue stick,

Graphics are a big part of gameplay but during online FPS, you dont got time to notice those things, bullets firing everywhere so in the end it depends on preference, and my choice is the Wii-mote

Dont get me wrong i hope future Wii FPS will improve a lot about how FPS games work on the Wii and MOH H2 was a good start, so bits by bits well all get there. :) :) :) :) :)

Douten said:
The FPS I still play is WoflenStein Enemy Territory on the pc (the free 'exp that got turned into a game' version) So anything even in terms of graphics for it works for me : ) I imagine with the wiimote it's much fun :3

I used to play Enemy Territory (a lot!) and was pretty good at it, it was one of those online games that had 'real' little communities built around it (not just clans, it was quite friendly play and 'chatty')

I think MOHH2 *nearly* hits the mark online - it's a lot of fun running round (or hiding in the shadows), but there's a couple of things I wish they'd added - different character classes (such as medic, engineer, sniper etc) would have added a whole new slant on tactics - I mean, they allow you to select uniform, they nearly had it there! So if your team had a great medic he could revive you all if you got killed - it would have added much more depth to the gameplay.

Having said that, MOHH2 IS fun online, even though I really, really suck at it! I play as 'shandyboy' and I had a quick blast this morning - my first game was 5 deaths no kills, but after a couple of games I managed a semi-respectable 9 kills 6 deaths :)

The bit I'm struggling with is remembering all the buttons (not that there's that many!) and when you start firing at an enemy, the huge weapon firing flash makes it harder to hit them with subsequent shots. I should really play more through the campaign mode but I wanted to see what online on the wii was like!

Anyway, I'll stick with it, and hope to get blasted by some of you soon :)

Neil aka shandyboy

For Wiis first online FPS so far, its the best it can be. Its not as good as COD4 no, but whos comparing the two? Its a good foundation for other developers to start on.

Wiinter said:
Someone doesn't remember goldeneye that well.

I'll grant you the inferior gfx point, and I have no qualms about saying COD4 is the far superior game (leaving controls aside), but c'mon. It's not goldeneye era gfx, not even close. The last time this point was brought up, someone actually posted side-by-sides to demonstrate the point.

MoHH2 is what you get on Wii when you have a team whose never dev'd consoles before and give them no money. Naturally when you bring in the biggest guns you have and give them a blank check (COD4), they're going to be able to deliver a better title.

yes i remember that as well. it was when youngblood started comparinf mohh2 and ge grafx. :lol: :lol: where is he now? did he get banned?

Atleast you guys get the OPTION to have a Wii online FPS.... *grumbles away into PC monitor at 1am*

i'm not saying you have to compare them, but when you see whats out there it's a big difference. I still stand by the graphics with Goldeneye. it was the first thing i thought of. i'm not saying Graphics make a game, because they don't. i still play my NES and SNES, so graphics aren't what does it for me. I'm just saying that when there are other games out there, doing what MOHH2 are doing, but a lot better, you get disapointed. I think the Wii has the potential to swim with PS3 and 360 (see Metroid), but really failed with MOH.

i used to play Counter-Strike on the PC religiously, and those graphics are nothing to brag about

Back