Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3 and SSBB in 2007?

i0n

:eek:
Apr 30, 2006
UK
These are three of the most sought after upcoming titles for the Wii console and have all been labelled for a 2007 release.

With the Wii's strong console sales expected to take them well into 2008 - do Nintendo really want to play their trump cards so early in the game?

Im just wondering what you guys will predict for these 3 games, do you think one or two could be pushed into 2008?

Personally i think SMG will make it's way to the console this year, but im starting to have real doubts about SSBB :confused:

I'd push Metroid till next year. Same with Galaxy to be hones. Everyone knows that the most anticipated game of the year besides Halo 3 is Super Smash Brothers Brawl and it needs to come out to further solidfy Nintendo's position right now. I said bring out Brawl around Holiday Season 07. Then you put out Metriod Prime April of next year. Then you bring in Super Mario Galaxy in the Summer of 08.

However this is really dependent on the games Nintendo has coming out. Something tells me that more great titles will come out so its possible for them to release them all in 2007 and still do very well.

MasterJedi2U said:
I'd push Metroid till next year. Same with Galaxy to be hones. Everyone knows that the most anticipated game of the year besides Halo 3 is Super Smash Brothers Brawl and it needs to come out to further solidfy Nintendo's position right now. I said bring out Brawl around Holiday Season 07. Then you put out Metriod Prime April of next year. Then you bring in Super Mario Galaxy in the Summer of 08.

However this is really dependent on the games Nintendo has coming out. Something tells me that more great titles will come out so its possible for them to release them all in 2007 and still do very well.
I agree with him on this one. Brawl is one of the most anticipapted games for this year, and to push it back would be (another) self inflicted wound to Nintendo.

I have a feeling they'll just push Metroid Prime to 2008, bring Brawl in for the Autumn when Halo 3 is coming then release Galaxies at Xmas time.

We will see SMG first before all of those. Face it. They have released maybe 2 vids on SSBB and hardly anything for Metroid. Brawl will be by the end of this year, Metroid will be early 2008, and SMG will be this fall.

Galaxy this year, MP 3 maybe next year (but with some new vids and **** from E3 07), brawl next year to get the online right. Also there might be some other games like Battalion wars 2, etc, coming this year. So I think Nintendo should spread out its big releases to give 3rd party developers a chance.

Please brawl this year. if i had to choose 1 game to get an not 1 other any wii game. It would be brawl.....

Just give me Brawl and Mario strikers with online and i am very happy.

im in no rush to get games to be honest, have a stack of PC, gamecube and wii games to go through, the games will come out eventually and it isnt like my wii is going anywhere.

MetroidZ said:
Galaxy this year, MP 3 maybe next year (but with some new vids and **** from E3 07), brawl next year to get the online right. Also there might be some other games like Battalion wars 2, etc, coming this year. So I think Nintendo should spread out its big releases to give 3rd party developers a chance.

I've seen many-a SMG preview saying that its to be released in June and stuff this year, it also has lots of screenshots/videos of it on the web, so i think either SMG or SSBB will be the first to come out of the three.

did nintendo announce that SSBB will be released in 2007? have they officialy confirmed it??

Wiitime said:
did nintendo announce that SSBB will be released in 2007? have they officialy confirmed it??
they always say things but it usually changes. But judging by which game has more videos etc, I think Galaxy will come out this year, the other 2 next year (they did recently push back Metroid to later 2007)

I think they will push Galaxy and SSBB into 08 since Mario and Sonic at the olympic games is coming out this year so Metroid maybe august to september?

Back