Marriage Overrated?

You don't get a heap load of crap when you get married (besides some china and boring wedding gifts that aren't man orientated), it's to do with how much you love each other. Marriage doesn't actually DO anything but tell God "yeah, these people love one another. Aww."

Brawny said:
Marriage isn't overrated, it's a wonderful thing that definitely lives up to the hype if you go about it in the right manner.

So many people think it's just the marriage part that makes it so good, when it's actually all the other stuff. They get into it wrongly, ruin it, and bring the whole institution's reputation down with it.

Hooray for understanding.

You don't get a heap load of crap when you get married (besides some china and boring wedding gifts that aren't man orientated), it's to do with how much you love each other. Marriage doesn't actually DO anything but tell God "yeah, these people love one another. Aww."
It dose do something

It costs you a lota cash just for one day and can make you go into loads of dept

Marriage is overrated but my G/F wants to do it :rolleyes:. Actually you can fill out a prenup if you dont want to lose half your stuff. Though if you fill one out things will be a bad start cause she will think you dont trust her. My mom and my moms side of the family have all divorced their first husband. Makes me wonder if my first marriage will be a flop?

Marriage is overrated but my G/F wants to do it :rolleyes:. Actually you can fill out a prenup if you dont want to lose half your stuff. Though if you fill one out things will be a bad start cause she will think you dont trust her. My mom and my moms side of the family have all divorced their first husband. Makes me wonder if my first marriage will be a flop?

It'd be more likely if you're only in it for her.

Welll we been toghether for 9 years and she is ready to settle down. I think I am ready but not so sure lol. Its really a wait and see.

Welll we been toghether for 9 years and she is ready to settle down. I think I am ready but not so sure lol. Its really a wait and see.
So are you living together?

Some thing simmler happened to my brother
They where together for years (had a kid) then they got married and split up almost a month after

And yet they look down (well its kinda looking up as im bigger) for sleeping round and not getting into the relationship thing

not living toghether yet. Plan on it next year. There are no jobs open up here in NJ so its going to be tough.

studies have shown that a couple who have married most likely.
gain a higher net worth
have a happier work life
have lower stress
are less likely to commit crimes.
and even have a more fulfilling sex life.

and the children of such are
have better grades.
get a better long term education
less likely to commit any crimes
have lower stress.

studies have shown that a couple who have married most likely.
gain a higher net worth
have a happier work life
have lower stress
are less likely to commit crimes.
and even have a more fulfilling sex life.

and the children of such are
have better grades.
get a better long term education
less likely to commit any crimes
have lower stress.
You know, in some of those cases it might work the other way around, i.e. people who don't commit crimes, have a happier work life, etc. could be the type of people who are more likely to get married.

And I too would like to know where you got these supposed facts from.

I have a feeling I'm quite a bit older than most (not all) on this site. That said, marriage IMO is certainly not overrated. I've been married for 17 years and I couldn't be happier. I waited until I found the right person, which for me was age 25. I was not looking to get married before I met my wife, so I understand why some feel it is overrated, or not for them. That will change for many when they grow older, and priorities change. If you feel the need to sign a prenup, then the marriage is already over. Too many see marriage as a convenience, and that is very sad. If you are not in love, and can't see yourselves together forever, then don't do it. Yes there are many marriages that fail, which is sad, but what drives me crazy are the marriages that are doomed from the start because the two involved are not getting married for love, or each other.

How are a set of vowels going to make you any more better people? It just makes splitting up harder.

That said, is she wants to, you probably should. A wedding to a female is the equivalent of catching your mate's Grandma having sex to a male: it's the best day of your life.

I have a feeling I'm quite a bit older than most (not all) on this site. That said, marriage IMO is certainly not overrated. I've been married for 17 years and I couldn't be happier. I waited until I found the right person, which for me was age 25. I was not looking to get married before I met my wife, so I understand why some feel it is overrated, or not for them. That will change for many when they grow older, and priorities change. If you feel the need to sign a prenup, then the marriage is already over. Too many see marriage as a convenience, and that is very sad. If you are not in love, and can't see yourselves together forever, then don't do it. Yes there are many marriages that fail, which is sad, but what drives me crazy are the marriages that are doomed from the start because the two involved are not getting married for love, or each other.

Sometimes I miss the rep system.

I think it's over rated. If two people are meant to be together they don't need a contract to hold them together.

Back