metal gear solid for wii?

Belmont said:
why does the RE4 remake tick you off

I hate remakes. I'm on the verge of selling my PSP because of all the ports and crappy games.

Belmont said:
Are you one of those people that are tried of seeing remakes for the wii because i think thats dumb its fun to play a game over with new and better controls...

I don't like remakes. In my opinion I think developers look for quick cash for something that took little work to make. It might've taken them a while though because of the wii controls. Everyone has their own opinion. That's just mine.

Belmont said:
also capcom has RE:UC coming out so this RE4 remake is just to hold us over until it comes out.

It's a rail game and it's a remake from the ps1 game isn't it? Again, I don't like remakes. This one is so old though that I will consider it. I like RE games so I will still probably buy it or at least rent it.

Belmont said:
As for there being a Metal Gear Solid game i doubt it Kojima is done with those games MGS4 would not be coming out now if Kojima had not gotten death threats... so i guess if we want one for the Wii we should send him hate mail, haha.

I didn't know he got death threats to continue making MGS games.... That's weird. *opens e-mail* just kidding.

I think since MGS4 is such a big game for Sony right now that Sony will pay big bucks to keep it exclusive, for now at least.
Besides that if you know anything about games you understand that the difference between a Wii game and a PS3 game is massive. And it isnt simply a port. EVERYTHING has to be redone. All models have to be remapped and resurfaced. Thousands of things must be removed because the Wii cant handle all of them at one time. New textures have to be made for everything. Everything has to be redone because the Wii cant handle anywhere as near as many polygons and points. Im not going to go any further into it but basicly You have to MAke and entirely new game, the only thing that remains is it is the same idea.
MGS4 is a fantastic looking game that will probably show off what the PS3 can do pretty well. The Wii cant even begin to compare. There is no way they would take the time to Remake this entire game. Maybe sometime later.
Stop counting on it because ONE of the Metal gear games was on the GC.
Im not saying Wii will never see a MG game, just not MGS4, not now at least. Looking at the fact Nintendo got the rights to Snake in SSBB ( the first MG game was on NES for all u who dont know) so Wii almost Definitetely get a MG game but not MGS4 and not really soon. The whole team is dedicated to this game right now. Im not saying the Wii is crap and will never get anything or anything. Just stating what makes sense. I wish it were comni out on the Wii but its not. Maybe im not as hopeful because i can play it on my PS3 :)

Gr34t3st said:
It's a rail game and it's a remake from the ps1 game isn't it? Again, I don't like remakes. This one is so old though that I will consider it. I like RE games so I will still probably buy it or at least rent it.

I didn't know he got death threats to continue making MGS games.... That's weird. *opens e-mail* just kidding.

Ok, first off RE:UC is not a remake of anything its is filling in the wholes to make understand how RE:Zero - RE3: Nemesis. Its a completely new game it just revisits some story we already know and adds alot more we dont know.

and yeah Kojima got death threats... People must really love MGS haha. I mean i only sent him 2 haha kidding.

Sorry, I thought it was a remake.

@Fatalorgasm92: So then why remake it? They put a $30 price tag on it. I'd just make a completely new game and charge full price. A remake in those terms seem pointless to me.

fatalorgasm92 said:
Im not saying Wii will never see a MG game, just not MGS4, not now at least. Looking at the fact Nintendo got the rights to Snake in SSBB ( the first MG game was on NES for all u who dont know) so Wii almost Definitetely get a MG game but not MGS4 and not really soon. The whole team is dedicated to this game right now. Im not saying the Wii is crap and will never get anything or anything. Just stating what makes sense. I wish it were comni out on the Wii but its not. Maybe im not as hopeful because i can play it on my PS3 :)

i am saying that nintendo will never see a MGS game Kojima is done making them and the only reason snake is in SSBB is because Myamoto owed Kojima a favor. MGS is going to be done with MGS4 there will be no reason to make anymore games.

Miyamoto owed Kojima a favor? what the hell? Kojima practically begged to have Snake in Smash right when Melee was finished, but they couldn't put him in because of that same reason, then when Brawl in development they did include him, is that what you eman by owed him? and I really can see a Metal Gear game for Wii just wait and see

the only reason they let Snake in this time was because Miyamoto owed Kojima a personal favor. I read it in an interview with both of them.

well that is the favor, the one I just said, dude, what the hell is wrong with you? the favor consists of them not being able to put Snake in Melee because it was too far in development so the favor had to be put on hold, that's when the favor started to be owed, then when Brawl is announced with Snake, the favor starts to pay...think a little, what other favor could they mean?

but not actually, the first game was on the MSX...

um maybe they are friends or something we dont live in their life... but if we get an original MGS on the Wii i will have a heart attack. Im not trying to say you are wrong i just dont think Kojima is making another MGS so i am not getting my hopes up at all.

Last edited:
the First US game was on the NES, and actually the first Game that was Japanese wasnt on the MSX it was on the MSX2( 1986 or 1987 cant remeber which) smartypants

ah you got me it was the MSX2 and yeah i almost typed America i just thought you would understand that because the MSX2 was not in America but yeah you got me haha.

Back