Metal Slug Anthology trailer

Just to note. The release date for Metal Slug Anthology is Dec 14th, not the 30th.

Forgive me as I have never played these games before.
Are these all old games just redone to now use the wii controller?

ics said:
Forgive me as I have never played these games before.
Are these all old games just redone to now use the wii controller?

They may be old games, but damnit they are GEMS to have.

Sooo... has anyone got it? I made a question asking about this in the gaming section but no one really answered. Just wondering if anyone has picked it up. Also, can anyone link me to any reviews for the Wii version? I really want to see some opinions.

It hasn't come in at the store I pre-ordered yet. It should be coming in today. The control style is not messed up any. It has six different control styles as I have come to understand. That includes a GC controller. Classic controller compatability would be nice, but at least you have the GC controller. As for who would want this game and who would pay that much... I would. If SNK thinks they can make money off a re-release they'll try. If there's a market for it, and there is...; they'll put it out. There is a lot of people out there that are excited about this. SNK had a similar re-release of MS 3-5 on PS2 and XBOX. 3 was released first at $29.99 USD. 4 & 5 were released in a two-disc for $39.99 USD. I bought both. I'm sure many others did as well. So of course I jumped on anthology as soon as I heard about it. After all the quarters I have dropped in those machines, $39.99 for the anthology is nothing. If you don't like the game, or think it looks like a crappy-graphics money-making scheme that's fine. Just remember that some of us take gameplay over graphics everytime. Even when it's a rehash. Graphics are a great bonus, but some gamers feel they are hiding poor gameplay with their "shiney's;" pulling a "veil" over the mind so to speak. Some will play through the "lamest game in existence" but are astounded by the breathtaking graphics. "Who cares what it plays like... Look at this!" It's preference.

And yea SNK are very well known for having unreliable release dates. Sometimes they won't even relate the change in date to the media. They'll set a date, and if they don't meet it they might just ship it when it's done. It shows up a week or two later at your local game store. Pre-order and get a phone call when it comes in is all you can do...

*checks phone* ... damn...

-Drellis- WTYW

Last edited:
How long do us Brits have to wait for this game :(

I bet it wont be out till some stupid date over here :( lucky Americans :p

Jeez how far away :( hmmm at least people are not queuing up for wii games yet!! he he
Although Super Mario galaxy!?! i think may sell out pretty quick :p *goes and preorders a copy* :p

Back