Metroid Prime 3 VS Halo 3

Belmont said:
metroid will loose but only because more Xbox360s have been sold so there for more people will buy halo 3... i think we forget that last generation Nintendo wasn't in the game. so if more wiis are in the hands of people than 360's then metroid will win... anyone agree

Good point there, was also one of my many thoughs on this topic.

Belmont said:
metroid will loose but only because more Xbox360s have been sold so there for more people will buy halo 3... i think we forget that last generation Nintendo wasn't in the game. so if more wiis are in the hands of people than 360's then metroid will win... anyone agree
Well there is a problem with your theorie becuase the wiis are selling hot cakes but the 360 is selling slowly.
The 360 has been in 10000000 for a while.
And the wii has been going up fast.(5million to 7million in like 2 months)of course if nexgenwars.com is false info...
But the point is this: even if wii sold more, not every gamer is gonna get MP3 because alot of them are little kids.But Xbox 360: almost every single gamer i wants Halo 3.Because generally speaking there old enough OR they are younger but there parents buy it for them.

Hybrid

Um..well I'm a 360 owner who doesnt want Halo 3..sure there will be many the same as me. Metroid would sell better if they overhyped it as much as Halo...

Jay61 said:
Um..well I'm a 360 owner who doesnt want Halo 3..sure there will be many the same as me. Metroid would sell better if they overhyped it as much as Halo...

Yeah but wouldn't you agree you're in the minority mate? I haven't spoken to anyone else who owns a 360 who dosen't plan on getting Halo 3.

Well if I might add, I just played halo 3 beta and trust me it didn't meet my expectations. I know a lot of people r going to say that it's the beta, but keep in mind phantasy star beta???? As for metroid I don't know if they make it multiplayer,but if they do than halo 3 will fall why becasue it's something new. This game alone will push the sells of the wii( if they ever make enough), the big M$ is looking at this and they're starting to get worried hence the september release. I have no worries about nintendo now their bringing out the big guns this year and keeping the secrets close for next year. Nintendo will be online even though the friend code sucks but we're here. Let the battle begin!!!

SamuS said:
Yeah but wouldn't you agree you're in the minority mate? I haven't spoken to anyone else who owns a 360 who dosen't plan on getting Halo 3.
Arent you speaking to me now though :lol:

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption FTW!
I am a HUGE fane of the metroid games!
halo will just be more of the same

halo would only win because of the amount of people who own an xbox/ xbox360

even tho i only have the wii, im getting a 360 this summer, for halo 3 in september. im all in for halo 3. tho metroid is a good series. halo3 will have better graphics, gameplay, and all around better multiplayer. HALO IS SWEET.

Wiinter

Wiinter said:
But the criticism basically calls the act of predicting, educated or not, a worthless endeavor. What would that undercut... a quarter of the US economy? It's not a valid criticism.

Not quite, the act of predicting something based on first hand experience and knowledge is valid. Predicting something on second hand experience and knowledge is almost worthless as it is....Conjecture, but if its acknowledged that it is nothing more than speculation then its harmless.

My criticism is directed to some of the posts in this thread,some of the writers are attempting to present their own opinions as being more or less concrete and 'educated'.

Some are even going so far as to refer to data that is not verifiable in terms of accuracy or reliability because they have not included the data and sources. Some of it isn't actually data but an opinion based on general feeling. In other places figures are being pulled out of thin air with wild abandon.

Lets face it all the views expressed are just supposition, lets at least be honest about that much.

The question at the start of the thread was ambiguous and could be taken as either "which game will have greater commercial success" or "which game will be the better piece of software"

Had the question been which game will have the greater commercial success then i would agree with you and say HALO, if its which game will be the best then i have to say damned if i know!

omg i cant belive there are actually people that believe that metroid prime 3 has a fighting chance.......no. I am CRYING cause i cant play the halo 3 beta :( and yea imma get metroid prime 3 but still, no shooter will ever beat halo 3.

yomama said:
Really cant compare them other that they both are FPS

And even at that, Metroid isn't pure FPS. It's an adventure/exploration series. The FPS was added in the transition to 3D, and was even de-emphasized with the quick lock-on for shooting. I've read that there could well be a lot of fans upset if it goes too far towards pure FPS.

If they do add in an online multiplayer that emphasizes the FPS competition, they'd need different shooting controls to make everyone happy--no lock-on in multiplayer (otherwise it would be too easy), and lock-on in single player (to keep the emphasis the story rather than the shooting).

So yeah, they're different games, even more than you noted.

Funky Gibbon said:
Lets face it all the views expressed are just supposition, lets at least be honest about that much.

All views are opinion, but some of them are supported with meaningful facts. Again, just because the views aren't facts themselves doesn't mean they have no standing at all.

The question at the start of the thread was ambiguous and could be taken as either "which game will have greater commercial success" or "which game will be the better piece of software"

That is true. I read it completely from a commercial success standpoint (the only way to question makes sense to me personally), others read it differently--as to which game they would enjoy more.

Both games are in development with the companies that started them--no material major changes are being planned (I don't consider Wii controls for MP3C material because the emphasis on MP3C is adventure rather than shooting), and all reviews and videos to date indicate that both will live up to the legacy of their respective series--a huge disappointment (for one, the other or both) is possible, but both games have received enough exposure that if such a disappointment were coming, we'd know about it already.

Based on that, even the people who are saying that one game will be preferable to the other (implicit: preferable to them) have a leg to stand on. The question itself, of which will be the better game begs the comparison of which will be the better pear, the apple or the orange. So long as people get that their preference will probably be a matter of whether they like apples or oranges and not which game is objectively better, then, yeah, they can know in advance which they'll prefer to some degree of accuracy. A couple could be surprised, but most gamers know which games they like more than others.

Now what I'm really curious about is this, which is more of a waste: supposition on games, or arguments about whether supposition on games is a worthy pass-time? :)

Back