ModChip for Wii ?

Well the thing is, there are tons of shops such as Gamestop where you can trade in games. If its a very recent release (all games are) you can get a large portion of your money back, basically it'd almost be like if you paid rental.

Also Game (UK) have a ten day exchange or full refund pollicy

Darkprinny said:
Note to you :
I said MOST

And downloading a licensed game is very illegal

Then you have bad taste in games if you end up hating the game you just got
Stop buying Fifa streets, and generic racing games and start buying Zelda's and Katamaris

I do buy Zeldas! Games that I know will be good, I buy. Games I'm not so sure about, I pirate, and buy if they're really good.

And true, I don't care if it's illegal, but I feel it's a lot better than being robbed by a developer/publisher for a game that's ****.

Darkprinny said:
Fact :
Most people that priate dvds/games/cds dont give a **** they just wont to make money and they probably do other things like mugging gun running
total bull-****...

yes nerds who get free games off the internet are the same gangsters you see robbing 7-11... you're a complete dumbass:frown2:

and don't bother saying "most" as that is just as false as saying all

For me, piracy boils down to this: If I cannot afford (insert media type here), then I am not going to buy it. If I don't buy it, nobody gets any money.

If I pirate (insert media type here), I am not going to buy it. If I don't buy it, nobody gets any money.

If you pirate stuff that you cannot afford, I don't see how anyone has a leg to stand on complaining. You're not removing said games, software, music, etc. from anyone's possession, so, if you never intended to buy it anyway, where's the harm?

Just my 2 cents, YMMV.

xbandaidx said:
Well the thing is, there are tons of shops such as Gamestop where you can trade in games. If its a very recent release (all games are) you can get a large portion of your money back, basically it'd almost be like if you paid rental.

Not at all true. I used to be a manager of a gamestop... people were LUCKY to get half of what they paid for a game back if they traded one in.

Trading in games is the biggest ripoff in history.

Darkprinny said:
Also Game (UK) have a ten day exchange or full refund pollicy

Software, ETC here in the states used to let you return games, but they stopped doing that.

And, BTW, "pirates" do not go mugging or gun running, or whatever you said when you were talking out of your ass

thank you BlenderWizard , finaly somebody explaine what PIRACY is all about.

pirates = never buy

And hacking the system(Wii) is a challenge for us.

BlenderWizard said:
Not at all true. I used to be a manager of a gamestop... people were LUCKY to get half of what they paid for a game back if they traded one in.

Trading in games is the biggest ripoff in history.

Hey even I know that as u trade in ur games they sell them at regular price and u get screwed out of a lot of money. So yes it is the biggest rip-off in the history of gaming.

Hacking the console is ok
Lets you see what it can do + home brew
Copys/downloaded
Stops said company from makeing mony (eg Oddword inhabitants going bust)

BlenderWizard said:
For me, piracy boils down to this: If I cannot afford (insert media type here), then I am not going to buy it. If I don't buy it, nobody gets any money.

If I pirate (insert media type here), I am not going to buy it. If I don't buy it, nobody gets any money.

If you pirate stuff that you cannot afford, I don't see how anyone has a leg to stand on complaining. You're not removing said games, software, music, etc. from anyone's possession, so, if you never intended to buy it anyway, where's the harm?

Just my 2 cents, YMMV.

It's still stealing though, you are taking others work and not giving the money they deserve for it. They don't make games for free, it cost money to make games and they dont do it for free. Regardless if you wanted it or not.

You need to stop looking from one point of view and start looking from the other shoe. I know, and you can't tell me otherwise and if you do you'd be BS, that if you own your own company and you see someone pirating your stuff that you made, you'd be ticked. Games aren't made in one day, they can take up to years to produce.

I heard the arguement before that you just made from other people before, and all it does is show a person that is blind to the other side of the story, or they refuse to look at it.

You can sit here and call companies greedy or whatever for all I care, but those people who work at those companies rely on what they sell to feed their families.

Back