Official Shiny Pokemon Discussion Thread

Right, I forgot about the secret ID part. Now that I've gotten a chance to do this, and really see how it's done, I'm thinking that the pokemon made using this method should be considered legit. The main reason being no action replay codes to influence the shininess are necessary. Also, it's not exactly easy to do this, and the IVs are still random, it's just more likely to inherit good IVs if the breeding parents have them.

I've managed to do it right twice now; the first time just experimenting, yielded a Lonely shiny Riolu after 689 Happiness Checker taps and 2 Magikarp coin flips. This second time, I've used Riolu again, and it's Modest/Inner Focus (1,080 taps, 6 coin flips). I'm now in the middle of SR'ing for good IVs. Talk about tedious as hell. On the plus side, it's very exciting to watch a shiny hatch, even the 50th time. :lol:

What are you guys' opinions about the legitness of predicting/advancing the RNG for shinies?

... What? Shiny? RIOLU?????? FNWEIPRNINPTIRNPENTERN Caps spam.

MUST HAVE.

TRADE?! :D

On a less spammy note... It really depends on what pokemon is made shiny by this technique. A pokemon that can only be made shiny through luck, i.e. it can't be chained, is pretty much fair game. Considering this still takes some work, and definatly takes some cautious time, it's the best way to obtain a non-chainable shiny. So for me, yes and no. I wouldn't use the technique myself to get a chainable shiny poke, but if otherwise, I can see myself doing this. ... If I was desperate for a shiny, anyways (like Riolu ;) ).

Not that I'm saying I'd turn down most shinnies of this type. It's a legal shiny either way, really.

Legit, but wrong. But that's Nintendo's fault for letting people exploit this.

Might I also suggest resetting for simpler taps. I tried doing an 849 tap, and got lost in the 400's <.<

I try to keep the taps to a minimal of <200

Legit, but wrong. But that's Nintendo's fault for letting people exploit this.

Might I also suggest resetting for simpler taps. I tried doing an 849 tap, and got lost in the 400's <.<

I try to keep the taps to a minimal of <200

Heh, I did reset a lot of times, and the first shiny on the list was usually 600 or more taps. I've managed to do the longer ones by doing 10 taps at a time, make a tally mark in notepad or whatever, another 10, another mark, etc. Works out well for me. I did 1,080 taps in only 20 minutes. :lol:

@CK: Of course we will trade, PM me. :p

It's a moral thing. Really, I can't be 100% sure any shiny pokemon I have is legit unless I chained it myself.

Omfg my machamp at lv.46 didnt learn dynamicpunch cuz im trying to pass it on to my elekid before i breed

Cross Chop WAY>>> Dynamicpunch
Get that instead.

omfggggg if only Machamp learned Dynamic Punch at level 46 instead of 51 than your problem may be solvveeedddd

But he's getting it on Machamp to breed with an Electebuzz/vire for an egg move.
Oh yeah, my 'Champ's got Dynamicpunch as well.

Back