The Official Pokemon Challenge Thread - Black/White Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best update ever :D
I finally continued playing the Harmonia challenge, so I will have an update later (been a while :/)

It probably will take longer because apparently Farfetch'd can't handle fighting Pokemon and the rest of my team is either Steel or Stone....

Last edited:
... derp. Forgot t' edit in my Challenge update. Will do that later.

Pokemon Soulsilver Harmonia Challenge, update #4 or something...
I got sick of grinding, so I thought I just gonna give it a shot anyway and it turned out that the gym leader is easier than the other guys in the gym :D I had Mahnemite on lvl16 which I used to confuse Primeape. I wasn't able to paralyze it, but Primeape only had to hit himself once, because it tried to use Focus Punch, so I had no problem to take it out with Farfetch'd. I then locked Poliwrath into using Bodyslam with Shuckles Encore and then lowered its speed with constrict while dealing 0 dmg :/. After Shuckie lost I tried to weaken Poliwrath with Corsola, but forgot about H2O Absorber so that didn't do any good. But Farfetch'd easily took it out with 2 Aerial Aces of which one was a critical while Poliwrath missed Hypnosis or tried to use Focus Punch (this guy isn't really bright :D )
So I basicly stopped playing Pokemon for a while because I got bored of grinding for a fight which wasn't even hard. The only problem in the gym was the Hitmonchan with Thunderpunch... Now I'll have to get all my Pokemon for the next gym from the Safari Zone.

Ahah, that's another mighty important thing that needs a clause. Both the time and amount of locations between fightin' Chuck and Jasmine are pathetically small. I propose the clause be that Challengers don't need t' catch a new team after beatin' Chuck. T'is simple and effective.

Soulsilver and Heartgold don't work very well with the Harmonia challenge :D Ok then I'll just continue with my current team. There also isn't a lot of places to catch Pokemon on the way to Pryze, but I should be fine with the Lake of Rage... I'll see how that will work out

2 pretty long updates...
Pokemon Soulsilver Harmonia Challenge update#5
I probably had no chance against Jasmine with my current team, so I went to the Safari Zone to see what I can find. On the way I encountered a Machop... that should do. It only was level 19 though, so I had to do some more grinding (pretty sure there's more of that in the future). I also raised my Corsolas level to 28. I had to fight Jasmine with 7 levels below her Steelix and the annoying paralysis/confusion combo with an added crit by Iron Tail...(not fun), so I had to try 3 times on that one. I finaly had a round where paralysis only worked once, so I got my Machoke with full health through both of the Magnemites. I got one Revenge on Steelix after taking an Iron Tail, so it was at about 3/4 hp because of the Sitrus Berry. Corsola got one free Surf on the Sandstorm attack and one on the Hyperpotion, so I took Steelix down after Corsola resisted one Iron Tail

And I'm not liking the level 15 Pokemon that I get next... I guess the grinding won't end in Soulsilver/Heartgold

Pokemon Soulsilver Harmonia Challenge update#5
I didn't encounter any uncaught Pokemon until the route to Lake of Rage, so I skipped them all. I caught a Giraffarig on lvl 15 -.- I had to go back to heal after every fight and barely defeated some of the trainers, but the Red Gyrados was way too strong for me (fleeing from it would be boring and I couldn't even get to it at the moment :p), so I went back to try find a Pokemon and ended up catching a Goldeen just a route back. I confused the Red Gyrados with Goldeen and with some luck I managed to defeat it besides being 10 levels underneath it and 20 hp left on Giraffarig. I caught Pidgeotto as my final Pokemon for this segment and then got the exp share to train Goldeen as I fight with Giraffarig. I took out Team Rocket and Giraffarig only got hit once by the Ratticate of the executor. Oh and that one time in the final fight where the dragon dude (forgot the English name...) decided Thunder the Grimer and let the Murkrow take the Psybeam by me... He's not a good double fighter for sure... and then I had the craziest gym battle in a while. I had Giraffarig and Goldeen on lvl 30. Giraffarig took out Seal with 1 hit of Psybeam and 1 of Strength (boosted by Silk Scarf) without taking damage because of a lucky Confusion. For Piloswine I switched in Goldeen and got one Surf in while he used Hail. I then switched to Pidgeotto (lvl 17) to take the Mudbomb and stall 2 turns of the hail. When I switched back to Goldeen I missed 2 Surfs in a row and he missed 2 Mudbombs, but my third Surf was a lucky critical so I took Piloswine out (it was the biggest Problem in the 2 tries I had before that). For Dewgong I used Giraffarig which confused it with a Spybeam, so that Dewgong will hit itself and then even got a Strenght crit to finish it. I was overly lucky in this fight, but I think I would have made it either way if it wasn't for all the bad luck in the first tries.

As for the feed back I still think the same. It is a very grinding heavy challenge, but can be pretty hard and fun if you are too lazy to get your Pokemon on the same level as the opponent

Last edited:
Harmonia-White Update

i no im a weak l8 shutup. My memory has betrayed me quite a bit I'm sure, so this update ain't gonna be too long and/or very accurate.

Started off by headin' to Lostlorn t' catch my first new team member; a Swadloon. Equipped it with a Soothe Bell and headed off t' Driftveil; where my rival interrupted me. I forgot 'bout that instance, and given that I was underleveled, I didn't expect t' win... his Tranquil offed Swadloon in one Air Cutter. Made me sad, much as I expected it.

Next round, two X Atk, X Sp.D and X Defends allowed me t' barrel through his Tranquill, only to be met by the damn Pignite. I was just shy of a 3HKO, and it's STAB Fire-type attack ruined Swadloon in one hit... ;_; I could win the match by spammin' X-items, but I decided against it and instead went off t' kill a bunch'a Audino. Level grinding as well as increasin' it's happiness, two Pidove with one Rock Slide. I didn't attempt t' beat Cheren again 'til I had a newly-evolved Leavanny. Still had t' use X-items, but I managed to win that time.

Caught a Ducklett on my way across the bridge, and immediately went t' Route 6 to nab a Deerling. I figured Jump Kick would be essential to beatin' Clay, since his Excadrill's Rock Slide would punish Leavanny 'n Ducklett pretty hard. After grindin' on the gym trainers and Team Plasma's derps, my two new Pokes both caught up t' Leavanny's level and I felt I was ready for the battle.

... But things went horribly wrong. Ducklett attacked itself after bein' confused by Krokorok's Swagger. Deerling ate FOUR CRIT ROCK SLIDES IN A ROW from Excadrill, completely disregarding the X-Defends. Leavanny died to a crit eventually as well. Take two wasn't much better, as Ducklett had a repeat performance of fail, and Jump Kick missed the second time after a critical hittin' Slash, leadin' to Deerling's demise. Leavanny was once again crit to death.

Third times the charm though, and everythin' finally went accordin' to plan. Ducklett avoided attackin' itself and OHKO'd with Scald, Deerling went toe-to-toe with Excadrill and came out on top, and Leavanny overkilled Palpitoad. Quake Badge get! I ****in' earned that one... ._.;

The team is as follows:

Leavanny @ Scope Lens, Lv. 31
Swarm
Calm (FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU--)

Payback
Bug Bite
Razor Leaf

Slash

Ducklett @ Expert Belt, Lv. 29
Big Pecks
Timid

Air Slash
Bubble Beam

Feather Dance
Scald

Deerling @ Eviolite, Lv. 29
Chlorophyll
Quiet

Retaliate
Grass Knot
Take Down

Jump Kick

wat?

I've recently thought 'bout the HM slave rule. Pretty sure it'l hardly be irritating in BW1/2, but what about past games, where almost every HM is used somewhat regularly? I might need t' get rid of the rule... but whether or not I do is yet to be seen.

Last edited:
Nope, just the Honchcrow any Omastar from you.

... Oh, that's lame. Sorry 'bout that, if I noticed you didn't receive the rest'a your team, I'd of pestered everyone int' givin' you Pokes. Luck or I can give ya the last two if your patience has (understandably) run thin, an extra one from each'a us. In that case, the RNG would bestow t' you a Leafeon; for which you'll have t' trade it over to another version for evolution. Don't evolve it too early or it'l be uber cheap lol.

Monek I'll give you Spiritomb and Seismitoad.

Sorry I've been away for this long. I just lost all motivation to play any of my 3 challenges: Harmonia (Sapphire), Monotype (Black 2), Unevolved (White). Mainly because I have to grind in all of them, but I intend to start playing again now, or soon at least.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back