The Official Pokemon Challenge Thread

Ahh, yes... apologies for neglectin' the thread so much. Go ahead and test that rule out. Here's a basic template subject t' change... not that I'll change it without your consent.

Harmonia Challenge Rule number ?: When catching a new team, you may keep one of your Pokemon for the new team. You may not keep the same Pokemon twice.

Alright, now that I have my Pokemon, I'll get on that challenge!. ...After Thanksgiving, that is.

EDIT: Alright, time to start my challenge.

Like any Pokémon game, the start is super slow, so I don't get too far for this first part. I name my character Fool, and go through the beginning stage of the game: Explore the labs, find Jovi, fight Chobin, catch Teddiursa and get the Thunder Stone. I use that thing immediately and get my first fully evolved Pokémon.

I stop there, as I get burned out due to it being close to midnight, and I got lost for like 25 minutes because you have to talk to some random old guy to progress.

Last edited:
Pokemon Y monotype bug challenge
I finally decided to play on a little bit more, so I picked where I finished with training and took on the fourth gym leader after that. Jumpluff got taken out by one Rock Slide and barely did any damage to me. For Weepinbell I had Arial Ace on Hercross and same went for Gogoat, so the fight was pretty easy even though my level wasn't really high (not that you would expect a grass gym to be hard with bugs). I'll maybe update this later or maybe go back to lurking for another couple months. Let's see-

Vivillon lvl 36 with quirky nature and Compound Eyes
-Draining Kiss

-Psybeam
-Stun Spore
-Struggle Bug

Shedinja lvl 34 with hardy nature and Wonder Guard

-Scratch
-Sand Attack
-Shadow Claw
-Confuse Ray

Crustle lvl 35 with relaxed nature and Shell Armor

-Rock Slide
-Bug Bite
-Stealth Rock
-Feint Attack

Heracross lvl 31 with calm nature and Swarm
-Aerial Ace
-Pin Missile
-Counter
-Brick Break

Scyther lvl 24 with naughty nature and Swarm
-Wing Attack
-Quick Attack
-Focus Energy
-Night Slash

Last edited:
Just found this sitting in my notes on my phone. This was written not long after the release of ORAS, though I'm only posting it now for some reason hahaha.
So without further ado, here is the first update for my Omega Ruby Harmonia Nuzlocke (ΩRHN) Challenge:

So I finally got around to starting this challenge, even though I said I'd be playing right after I got it (but I'm pretty sure people are used to me not following through with these kinds of things :lol:)

Even though I had already started a casual playthrough on Alpha Sapphire, when I started up Omega Ruby, I was surprised by the intro even though I was expecting it :lol:. So after telling Prof. Birch a bit about myself, I was ready to return the the Hoenn region [strike]for the second time in 3 days[/strike].
When I was let out of the truck, the first thing I did was go to my room and set the time, somehow setting the hour hand to 14 .....
Anyway, stuff happened, I picked Mudkip, beat May easily, caught a Poochyena with Fire Fang on Route 101 and a Seedot on Route 102, both of which I had to sneak up on. With this team I decided to get straight to challenging Roxanne in Rustboro since I had Mudkip.
The first gym battle isn't as easy as it was back in RSE because of the changes to Sturdy, making the battle kinda difficult. I started with Mud-Slap, knowing that Geodude would survive a Water Gun, hoping that the accuracy drop would prevent Mudkip from taking any damage from Geodude. It didn't work and Geodude hit with Rock Tomb, making Mudkip slower than it because of its -Spe nature :(. Another Rock Tomb from Geodude left Mudkip at 10/36 HP. But now that Sturdy was broken, Water Gun took it out without any problems. When Nosepass came out, I knew that I had to heal if I wanted Mudkip to stay alive, so I did. Getting her (yeah I was lucky enough to get a female) back to almost full health. The Tackle didn't really hurt very much, making me feel confident in this battle as long as Roxanne didn't get crits. Just to make myself less stressed, I used Mud-Slap, again for the accuracy drop. While Mudkip was lowering its accuracy, Nosepass used Harden. Completely pointless considering Mudkip had no physical moves to use. Nosepass missed with its next Tackle, and Mudkip used Mud-Slap again (you can never be too careful in a Nuzlocke). At this point I was finally assured that Mudkip wouldn't die, so I started attacking. All it took was 2 Water Guns and Nosepass was gone, getting me my first badge of the challenge :D.

This is all I've done so far. I've been kinda (very) distracted by other things. I'll try to play this a bit more but we all know what happens when I say I'll play more :lol:

Howdy, Jordan. Ain't seen you in an age.

I've yet t' complete Omega Ruby myself, sittin' in front'a the Elite Four. Certainly not ready t' do a Challenge of any sort... nor am I motivated. Monster Hunter usurpin' all'a my free time.

we all know what happens when I say I'll play more :lol:

you n i both lol

Howdy, Jordan. Ain't seen you in an age.

Yeah it’s been a while hasn’t it?
I’ve been pretty obsessed with sm4sh (3DS and WiiU) since release and I got Bravely Default just before the new year, which I’ve started speed running :lol:. So I haven’t really had much time for pokemon :(

I've yet t' complete Omega Ruby myself, sittin' in front'a the Elite Four.

Well you’re definitely doing better than I am. I think the last thing I did was beat the 3rd gym, but I don’t actually remember lol. It’s been months since I last played Alpha Sapphire
But I do actually intend to start playing a bit more. At least a little bit. I’ve been neglecting pokemon for too long and it’s time I started playing it again. I kinda miss it

Sm4sh Wii U has certainly had my attention as well, been playin' quite a bit lately. Though Monster Hunter is still king for me.

I'll get back t' pogeymanz one'a these days... again, once Muenster Haunter stops usurpin' my free time. Probably do a Omega Ruby Nuzlocke or somethin', that'd be good fun.

Since it's been 2 days and no one else has replied yet, I'll give you your next pokemon: Onix, if you choose to accept it. Would be perfect for obvious reasons :thumbsup:

Please someone else come and give Brock some pokemon. I don't want to be the only person to do it

Yay thanks lucktown :)
In the absence of the almighty 'karpmod, I'll say good luck in your challenge, and have fun (I'd say challenge accepted, but that's not really my choice). I'd ask you if you need help with the eggs, but I know you're fine

Back