OMG This is so freakin annoying!

my friend told me he wouldnt play half life two because the graphics wernt as good as the latest 360 titles, er hello awesome game and from what i remeber fanastic graphics maybe not super awesome compared to the latest stuff, but once youve played any game for more than 5 mins youve forgotten about the graphics anyway just like watching a crappy downloaded film, unless its so bad you can make out peoples faces , most of the time a small drop in quality wont put people off watching them and you forget after 5 mins. then what matters is how good the film or game is.

Have you ever noticed when someone complements on graphics the game is always good, like bioshock, R&C, mass effect, uncharted,

Graphics are a huge part of a game and to some the only part (im one of em) your not gonna change my mind, grapgics in my oppinion pwn gameplay

but as previusly stated graphics and gameplay go together so by you saying gameplay owns graphics and me saying graphics owns game play we are both wrong

both go together to make a good game

dont get me wrong theirs other stuff like lasting appeal the genre of the game and whatnot but these two are the big ones

Steve B said:
my friend told me he wouldnt play half life two because the graphics wernt as good as the latest 360 titles, er hello awesome game and from what i remeber fanastic graphics maybe not super awesome compared to the latest stuff, but once youve played any game for more than 5 mins youve forgotten about the graphics anyway just like watching a crappy downloaded film, unless its so bad you can make out peoples faces , most of the time a small drop in quality wont put people off watching them and you forget after 5 mins. then what matters is how good the film or game is.

True the source engine is ageing but it is still a nice looking game. The orange box is amazing, portal looks dazzling. The orange box will always have a place in my heart even when all graphics are photo realistic xD

Hey, my first post here, I register as there's some pretty cool conversations going on, this being on of them! :cool:

I got a Wii console for Christmas and they are amazing, the gameplay is by far the best compared to the PS3 and Xbox 360.

The PS3 is known for it's brilliant graphics however this will be let down by the fact Sony like to control everybody's console's, check out the PSP lockdown's and you'll see what I mean!

The Xbox 360 is aparently good graphics too, however I can't tell the difference between the PS3, Wii and Xbox's graphics, people boast about having one when really it's just a newer version of Microsoft's console.

The Wii however has pretty much the same graphics despite the slightly less powerful GFX card, but it's the control system on the Wii that makes it so unique and suitable for everybody. The Wii is by far the best console out there now because of these features and the compatibility with the older nintendo console's.

Go Wii!

-Vitium-

Inferno7 said:
Im so annoyed and I know this is the millionth thread about it but I just want to stress my point! My friend is anoyying now because all he cares about in a game is the graphics! Im so tired of graphics whores. They are so annoying I mean, these days its all about graphics! Where has the real fun gone? Listen to this retarded statement I heard from someone:

"Oh my god, Bioshock has the best graphics ever. It is like 1000x times better than Super Mario Galaxy. It totally deserves game of the year from X-play. Super Mario Galaxy would've never gotten it because the graphics on it suck."

Again, where has the real fun gone? I really want to stress my point:

GAMEPLAY>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Graphics

Video games are not movies. They were never meant to look like movies. I agree that graphics are a big part of a game but Graphics don't make a game.
I think you are just as bad.

You are assuming that every game with good graphics is NOT FUN.

Ever played a little game called Assassin's Creed? Or Halo 3?

You are just as bad as graphics whores.

vitium said:
Hey, my first post here, I register as there's some pretty cool conversations going on, this being on of them! :cool:

I got a Wii console for Christmas and they are amazing, the gameplay is by far the best compared to the PS3 and Xbox 360.

The PS3 is known for it's brilliant graphics however this will be let down by the fact Sony like to control everybody's console's, check out the PSP lockdown's and you'll see what I mean!

The Xbox 360 is aparently good graphics too, however I can't tell the difference between the PS3, Wii and Xbox's graphics, people boast about having one when really it's just a newer version of Microsoft's console.

The Wii however has pretty much the same graphics despite the slightly less powerful GFX card, but it's the control system on the Wii that makes it so unique and suitable for everybody. The Wii is by far the best console out there now because of these features and the compatibility with the older nintendo console's.

Go Wii!

-Vitium-

It's not the same as pc. Home gaming consoles don't just have NVidia. They have their own complex systems for such things.
--
Side note;

360 - 3.2 GHz (DIVX10)
PS3 - 3.7 GHz (number crunching behemoth)

i truly hate people who love games just for graphics, its like falling in love with a ho....no inside all outside...

plus mario 64 and Zelda OOT has crappy graphics compared to today and i just got it from the vc and their amazingly fun.

then again to the ps3 folk, thats all they got.:mad5:

paintba||er said:

Exactly.

But I would disagree about Assassin's Creed being fun...

ditto

assassins creed was fun for the first 10 misn, or so but then it kinda gets old

to much dialouge

Inferno7 said:
Im so annoyed and I know this is the millionth thread about it but I just want to stress my point! My friend is anoyying now because all he cares about in a game is the graphics! Im so tired of graphics whores. They are so annoying I mean, these days its all about graphics! Where has the real fun gone? Listen to this retarded statement I heard from someone:

"Oh my god, Bioshock has the best graphics ever. It is like 1000x times better than Super Mario Galaxy. It totally deserves game of the year from X-play. Super Mario Galaxy would've never gotten it because the graphics on it suck."

Again, where has the real fun gone? I really want to stress my point:

GAMEPLAY>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Graphics

Video games are not movies. They were never meant to look like movies. I agree that graphics are a big part of a game but Graphics don't make a game.
sounds like someone is slowly turning into a ninty drone.

idk what a lot of you guys are smoking though, because i find a game like gears of war or (for others) guitar hero to have great gameplay over and over and over again. when you play the wii its amazing the first couple times but then its second-nature and not really "omg gameplay>graphics" after that. but ninty drones deny this.

Last edited:
Since when did SMG's graphics suck?
They're bloody brilliant.

good point.

super-mario-galaxy-20060531041739960.jpg

another thing i think is that developers dont relize that wii can produce great graphics. ghost recon for ps3 has amazing graphics........but people dont relize wii can handle that game!!!!!!!!!wii's graphics chip, ati hollywood(or maybe the ibm
broadway, not sure which is the engine/graphics.....), is top of the market............. look at the size.............

3-2.jpg

so there. all the ps3 has is fantastic graphics.no fun games....yet.............................................

p.s. i hate the p.s. "haha"

Last edited:
arogeek said:
good point.

another thing i think is that developers dont relize that wii can produce great graphics. ghost recon for ps3 has amazing graphics........but people dont relize wii can handle that game!!!!!!!!!wii's graphics chip, atm hollywood(or maybe the ibm broadway, not sure which is the engine/graphics.....), is top of the market. $54.99 a piece, over 1/5 of the total price............ look at the size.....

3-2.jpg

lol

so there.

p.s. i hate the p.s.

no not really the graphic chip is just a normal IBM graphic chip slightly upgraded

and i agree galaxy dose look good

I know! omg me talking to my friends
me: wii rocks
him: so ps3 has better graphics

me: laptops rock
him: so desktop have better graphics

GAMEPLAY matter's much more than graphics! That's why I bought wii lol.
No offence...

LoVeWiI said:
I know! omg me talking to my friends
me: wii rocks
him: so ps3 has better graphics

me: laptops rock
him: so desktop have better graphics

GAMEPLAY matter's much more than graphics! That's why I bought wii lol.
No offence...
my god i feel like i've just been injected with stupid by reading this post.

arogeek said:
good point.

another thing i think is that developers dont relize that wii can produce great graphics. ghost recon for ps3 has amazing graphics........but people dont relize wii can handle that game!!!!!!!!!wii's graphics chip, ati hollywood(or maybe the ibm
broadway, not sure which is the engine/graphics.....), is top of the market............. look at the size.............

3-2.jpg

so there. all the ps3 has is fantastic graphics.no fun games....yet.............................................

p.s. i hate the p.s. "haha"
and a little more here.

Back