Played the PS3

ABC said:
Excuse me? Minimum? I've owned an HDTV, your making it sound like it a madatory part. If you want to step into the next-generation of visual entertainment, it isn't 2 channel sound with standard definition televisions anymore buddy. Not sure where you've been for the past 6 or so years.

Minimum regarding the post you put right above for the combined cost of an HDTV and a PS3. I am fully aware of of what it takes to step into the next-generation of visual entertainment mate, just as I am e.g. of what it takes to step into the next-generation of sports cars. Not sure If I can afford one, or want to save for one though.

Anyway, we don't disagree in the basics, I just think that your whole attitude towards the thing is wrong. I dont know where youve been, but where I've been (and it's more than a place or two) not all have HDTVs or are eager to upgrade to one.

Think_Tank said:
Anyway, we don't disagree in the basics, I just think that your whole attitude towards the thing is wrong. I dont know where youve been, but where I've been (and it's more than a place or two) not all have HDTVs or are eager to upgrade to one.

My atitude is wrong? Your the one who is ok with accepting old technology used in a new way and being completely content with it. I am all about moving forward, getting the better sound the better resolution. If your content using the composite cables that have been around since the NES, then by all means, be my guest... but I will continue to move forward with technology. Just because you can't afford it... doesn't mean you should hate on it.

Sovieto said:
I agree with ABC, very flawed piece right there.
Nintendo smites you!

Yah, I wanted to mention ABC too, he is very unbias and can propel debates without flaming and he supports with facts. If only all Sony fans were like that...
An unbias individual working for Fox News?

ERROR. CANNOT COMPUTE. :tard:

Oh, and about moving forward, which way do you plan on moving when graphics, audio, and reso come to a point where they CAN'T be improved. I'd rather take a Wii over a PS3 and leave the better graphics to my PC and the HL2 series.

Last edited:
specialsauce said:
An unbias individual working for Fox News?

ERROR. CANNOT COMPUTE. :tard:

As a matter of fact tard, alot of the people behind the scenes here are liberals. There is a small group of us that are actually reps/conservatives. But I am more in the middle anyway, with a small lean right. So even with my politics I am unbias let alone my video games.

LOL, i took the next step and got a Wii. So glad I dont HAVE to save up for a HDTV to enjoy it. My parents still watch TV on a 34cm CRT and it suits em fine. Our 55inch TV has 6.1 surround and the picture is also fine for the price we paid, and as my parents arent about to buy a new TV (55inch is less than 6months old), I'm glad my Wii will be supported by it perfectly.

Deanis said:
LOL, i took the next step and got a Wii. So glad I dont HAVE to save up for a HDTV to enjoy it. My parents still watch TV on a 34cm CRT and it suits em fine. Our 55inch TV has 6.1 surround and the picture is also fine for the price we paid, and as my parents arent about to buy a new TV (55inch is less than 6months old), I'm glad my Wii will be supported by it perfectly.

Yup, the Wii takes full advantage of 20 year old televisions as well. How great.... TECHNOLOGY!

Isnt it great? and CRT is way older than 20years btw, LCD is like 20years old...roflolmao
And yer its fine, it means I dont have to shell out $6000 for another 55inch TV, cos I'm sure as hell my parents wont. And not everyone is a rich arse tard ;)

Deanis said:
Isnt it great? and CRT is way older than 20years btw, LCD is like 20years old...roflolmao
And yer its fine, it means I dont have to shell out $6000 for another 55inch TV, cos I'm sure as hell my parents wont. And not everyone is a rich arse tard ;)

Who said to buy a 55 inch? I bought a 32" HD LCD for $699 and it looks beautiful.

Dont listen to this ABC kid hes just a jerk off. And quite dumb to not even check Deanis location before he posted saying "Ohhh look at me my name is Mr.Gay and I was wondering where did you get those prices, ohhhhh".

Icetrash said:
Dont listen to this ABC kid hes just a jerk off. And quite dumb to not even check Deanis location before he posted saying "Ohhh look at me my name is Mr.Gay and I was wondering where did you get those prices, ohhhhh".

Wow dude, it seems I have struck a chord with you somewhere on here. Is it because I speak the truth and bring facts to the table. Is it because 99% of the Nintendo fanbitches on here don't get away with saying stupid ****? Sorry boss, but if you want to bring an argument other than "ABC is a jer off", than be my guest, I am all for it. But as of right now, you are just making yourself look like the jerk-off. Got that, jerk off?

ABC said:
My atitude is wrong? Your the one who is ok with accepting old technology used in a new way and being completely content with it. I am all about moving forward, getting the better sound the better resolution. If your content using the composite cables that have been around since the NES, then by all means, be my guest... but I will continue to move forward with technology. Just because you can't afford it... doesn't mean you should hate on it.

Hahahaha, man, you know what? You have stuff to say, really, and so far I do think that you're one of the older, and probably more sensible people in this forum.

I found what the problem is with you. Definition.

YOU my friend call moving forward adding polygons and textures and frames. Agreed! I call it coming up with something new and original in terms of essence and substance, or how gamers put it, gameplay.

And Nintendo has ALWAYS been in front of Sony in this term (from N64 to the Wii- although you gotta give it to Sony for the ps2 video cam)... now, if you think e.g. that Red Steel is far worse that say Killzone due to the admittedly worse graphics, I say that it is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better cause it introduces an exciting new concept, that creates infinite potential for the future: actually moving the joystick like you would move a sword! Hell, in WarioWare you use it as a frying pan!!!! The concept has been done before, but this is BRAND NEW for home entertainment and creates amazing potential.

Dont get me wrong, I LOVE my graphics, even if I am still bemused by the design of say Day of the Tentacle. And if I had more money and no obligations whatsoever, hell, id even throw in an arcade machine or two in my xmas shoppin (would look great in any pad).

But the way I see things, I think that the PS3 is one of the same, only with a much much higher poly count. And I just cant justify the money.

Plus it is announcements like the one Sony did a while ago, where they said that they wanted people to go crazy over the PS3 and work hard to get it and stuff like that, that just dont work for me. Sorry. I dont consider myself a crazed consumer. I think that Ninty respects me more as a customer in the case of the Wii.

Btw just because YOU can afford it, you dont have to make fun of people here that might be younger and not as well off as you are... this whole "I am the most unbiased gamer in the net, I got em all, you poor bitchez hate on stuff you cant buy" attitude is not earning you any sympathizers in here...

If u got money, show it off to women. That might actually get you somewhere. In this forum however, all it does is givin u a bad name man.

ps. Chances are you're the most quoted user in the forum... noticed that?

The sig is as bad-ass as it gets.

Think_Tank said:
Btw just because YOU can afford it, you dont have to make fun of people here that might be younger and not as well off as you are... this whole "I am the most unbiased gamer in the net, I got em all, you poor bitchez hate on stuff you cant buy" attitude is not earning you any sympathizers in here...

If u got money, show it off to women. That might actually get you somewhere. In this forum however, all it does is givin u a bad name man.

ps. Chances are you're the most quoted user in the forum... noticed that?

The sig is as bad-ass as it gets.

Thank you? :lol: Now see, this is where you don't understand me. I am not trying to be some tough ass, rich *****... but I sure the hell won't stand for some little punk that JUST BECAUSE he can't afford the Ps3, he has to hate on it. I mean, if I gathered the bias comments on these boards... I wouldn't even know where to start. So if what you said above, is how you interpreted some of my comments, than I am sorry, but you are sadly mistaken. If people say stupid ****, you can bet on it I will be there to put their noob asses in check. Like I said, you either love me or REALLY hate me... but if you notice, the people that hate me can't bring facts to the table (*cough* *cough* no names). I have no problem admiting when I am wrong... but you better bring your A game if your going to try to prove me wrong.

ABC said:
I am not trying to be some tough ass, rich *****...
I think that you are unbiased, and your points always have valid backing and evidence behind them, and I agree with most things you say. It's quite obvious you don't hate the Wii, and if you like the PS3, then thats fine, and I see no reason to argue with you. But, word to the wise, the 'tough ass, rich *****...' is sometimes how it comes off to other people, fanboy or not.

Back