Ps3 copying wii

KrisKhaos said:
After a short amount of research it seems this RealPlay is not any sort of bundle, expected to be released for the holiday sales season (at least in the UK), and each title is sold with it's own controller for around $60 USD.

[Source: GameSpot]

Here is a video link for those too lazy or unwilling to visit the original site...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=3_s1M2a_L7k
(Thanks romj for the insight, appreciated.)

You welcome.

I just don't see this as a threat, unless Nintendo is really slacking on keeping up with this year's holiday season supply, this just seems like a cheap attempt to soak up a couple bucks from the incredibly cheap and the hopelessly desperate. :wtf:

I don't see it as a threat either, rather, I see it as a compliment.

Yes, lets sue vibrating stick because the wii mote is so freakin similar to the ps3 controller. lol

Renz said:
Yes, lets sue vibrating stick because the wii mote is so freakin similar to the ps3 controller. lol
Sure it isn't the other way around?

Then again, the motion controls in the Wii/PS3 isn't anything new either, if you have not seen this you should...
[MEDIA]http://youtube.com/watch?v=5cOBtMMWteA[/MEDIA]
So yeah, motion control was available for the PS1/N64 long before the mass market got a hold of it.

Seriously, the Playstation is in fact the illegitimate b*stard child of the "to be" SNES-CD that never came to be, so in reality who is copying who? :lol:

(Note: I went ahead and self-censored the word even though it is being used in it's proper form, much like the proper term for a female dog this word is also used improperly and delivered as common insult.)

The Sony Wand:

Sony_Revolution2.jpg

To be honest, I think Sony would be mad not to make something like this. It would make the PS3 complete. Something you can use like a sword, but also as a pointer.
Yes it would be blatant copying of nintendos idea, but hey, welcome to the real world. As long as they dont copy anything patented i'd definitely swap my wii for a PS3 if they did something similar.

I think they should desidn something round that actually looks like a lightsaber without the light bit. Something that is actually ergonomically designed for your hand rather than being like any other remote control unit.

Last edited:
f1982 said:
The Sony Wand:

Sony_Revolution2.jpg
I question the authenticity of that photograph/image, however I have no doubt Sony and MS are playing with a few Wii-Mote style ideas of there own.

Joystiq: Sony has its own magic wand in the works

From what Joystiq is saying, Sony's idea uses something just opposite of Nintendo's sensor setup, and had there "wand" produce the light while the sensor (ie Eye Toy) mapped out the position. Same concept, at least as a pointing device. I assume they'd just roll over there "Six-Axis" to this wand as well.

(Back to the Photo)
As far as the posted photo by f1982, it's a great find, however I don't think Sony would go so far as to even rip off the exact light pattern commonly found at the bottom of Nintendo's design. I would guess if they decided to go so far as to at least mimic Nintendo's play style I think they'd complicate it by developing a DVD remote/controller hybrid and at least come up with a more original player light indication scheme that doesn't match Nintendo's with such precision. Such a blatant rip-off without any form "originality" at all would not look good on Sony, however who ever composed that image did a very nice job despite it being a home-brew "photoshop" hack. :)

KrisKhaos said:
I question the authenticity of that photograph/image, however I have no doubt Sony and MS are playing with a few Wii-Mote style ideas of there own.

From what Joystiq is saying, Sony's idea uses something just opposite of Nintendo's sensor setup, and had there "wand" produce the light while the sensor (ie Eye Toy) mapped out the position. Same concept, at least as a pointing device. I assume they'd just roll over there "Six-Axis" to this wand as well.

(Back to the Photo)
As far as the posted photo by f1982, it's a great find, however I don't think Sony would go so far as to even rip off the exact light pattern commonly found at the bottom of Nintendo's design. I would guess if they decided to go so far as to at least mimic Nintendo's play style I think they'd complicate it by developing a DVD remote/controller hybrid and at least come up with a more original player light indication scheme that doesn't match Nintendo's with such precision. Such a blatant rip-off without any form "originality" at all would not look good on Sony, however who ever composed that image did a very nice job despite it being a home-brew "photoshop" hack. :)

Oh yeah, for sure that picture is a mock up and was supposed to be a joke by the person who made it.
There is also this one:
4.jpg

The idea is sound though.
It should happen.

KrisKhaos said:

(Back to the Photo)

Editted***

if sony really feels as a loser, and they admit that they have lost, they can copy now nintendo, just to show how low-class company they can get, when they are really in trouble.....

they'll also have to spent millions and millions if they want a motion sensing console, please, don't hope that this kind of thing will happen in less than 5 years.....also.....nintendo now shows that they have the best technology, and truely their console is considered as nex-gen!!!

(even if i love sony and ps3....) sony is a true loser if they just copy nintendo so fast!!!

have you also heard about the nds emulator for the psp.....:p?????

that shows by how much nintendo finally rules again, even if Game Cube wasn't so successfull ..... ;p

*these pictures seem as fake as they are, do not expect something like this to happen for ps3, for which thing will it be used......??? some on.....

Last edited:
nds emulators are not made by sony isn't it? hehe.. However, for the next-next gen.. :lol: I really do hope that somebody could make a console that has the motion sensing capabilities of wii and the visual power of the ps3 into one and it should be affordable. hehe..

lol i made up a joke with my pal,
"if the ps3 has 6 axis and the wii has 360 degrees of motion sensing, that would make the wii... umm... uh... 360 divided by 6 is... uh... 60 times better than the ps3. oh and the 360 has none... ;) lol

daviduk200 said:
omg, lmao, rofl, pmsl

oh wait, i dont get it

wii=360 degree motion control (360)
ps3=sixaxis (6)
360=none (0)
wii vs. ps3 - 360÷6=60
wii vs. 360 - 360÷0=360
thats how i feel (rrod sucks)

Can anyone actually explain what 6axis is? I mean there are only two axis. Roll back/forward. Roll clockwise/anticlockwise. Two axis makes 3D movement. Where are the other 4? 6 axis would make the controller capable of moving through not only 2D and 3D space, but 7D!
If you include move forward/back, side to side and up/down that could add another 3, so now we're up to 5 axis. Where is the 6th?
Im confused!

Also, what is different about the motion sensing of the wiimote and PS3 controller?

Last edited:
The PS3 only has the tilting part, but not the actual infra-red motions.

Its only really good in flight games and such, I don't know if many games take advantage of it.

Back