Ps3 copying wii

shrek4wii said:
Nope. I think Sony should stick to CD players and TVs, and leave gaming consoles to the professionals.

You mean like, Sony?

PS2 Was the greatest by far last generation and this generation they are playing a great game of chess.

Cpt.McCloud said:
You mean like, Sony?

PS2 Was the greatest by far last generation and this generation they are playing a great game of chess.
Was not!
*throws kiddie tantrum common among 2 year olds*

shrek4wii said:
Was not!
*throws kiddie tantrum common among 2 year olds*

Well, it was against a limited power pc and purple lunchbox, what'd you expect:lol::smilewinkgrin:

It doesn't really matter at the end of the day if one console is copying another. Aslong as the gamers are happy I guess.

Unwiired said:
It doesn't really matter at the end of the day if one console is copying another. Aslong as the gamers are happy I guess.
Yeah, but it makes me UNhappy that SONY IS COPYING NINTENDO! Wah!

Unwiired said:

It can mean a lot, it could show cowardliness.

Microsoft can't compete in the world of gaming consoles, so they copy Nintendo. Logical. I'm boycotting Microsoft. (I guess this means I'll have to ditch my comp.)

But for real, I mean who cares - Nintendo, Sony, whatever - they are all out for themselves by making a profit from our money.

You can have love for a console but sh*t, there comes a point where you have to realise that whatever methods they take for our gaming pleasure, i.e copying or imitating upon other consoles, they are going to be profitable to us, the gamers, no matter what (They have to be for the manufactures to stay in business).

You could clearly comment on how the N64 controller had a joystick on their controller and then Playstation had their analog. At the end of the day, people enjoyed dual shock and people enjoyed the trigger/movement of the N64 - Things change and things evolve.

shrek4wii said:
Microsoft can't compete in the world of gaming consoles, so they copy Nintendo. Logical. I'm boycotting Microsoft. (I guess this means I'll have to ditch my comp.)

They can compete that I'm sure of, the PC is in a world of its own. They aren't so new to the industry.

shrek4wii said:
Point taken, but video games were originally NOT THEIR THING. THEY were computer people.

Video Systems are just the same, CPUs and the sort. Note the name 'Computer Games'. I'll just mention that this logic you're using means that each industry can only have one producer? Music has one singer, gaming has one developer, tv has one channel. Competition is good for consumer, it's choice and helps push the developers forward to improve.

Nice. That's true. If that were true, I'd have to stop watching my favorite shows b/c they work with Astral Media.

shrek4wii said:
Nice. That's true. If that were true, I'd have to stop watching my favorite shows b/c they work with Astral Media.

Exactly, competition and open mindedness pushes things forward. Plagiarism isn't right if you have to resort to it.

Back