PS3 is simply ahead of its time.

Illogical?!?! The thing about the first two layers was only ONE of my arguments, i only used 2 lines to explain it...

After all, that was NOT my main argument, did you actually read what i wrote?? And as i said... they will MAYBE come out, it isn't actually a fact! and i wasn't talking specifically about GAME discs being 50+ Gigs...

You are like race horses, you can only see in one direction... and that is right in front of you, you only see (or read in this case) what you want to see... :nono:

PLEASE, read first, THEN argue, whenever you have a good and objective understanding of what you're reading...

Please note that when you do this alexgc87, that SHIFTFALLOUT will always have a perfect if not good comeback to all the things you are saying!!! I dont think you know who he is, since you signed up not too long ago....... But it seems this thread in no more than 3 days is going to be FLAMED UP!
(And if you do know him, you better pray, that you have some good ass facts to back your self up, because without that basically, you are going to get owned by him...... Shift will bring out every fact there is in the book to prove you wrong in what your posting!!
This is a guy who seems almost impossible to beat when it comes to talking/posting about technology or anything based on a console or pc!!
(Just letting you Know, Just in Case, No Offense Though If You Feel Angered By What Im Posting)

alexgc87 said:
Illogical?!?! The thing about the first two layers was only ONE of my arguments, i only used 2 lines to explain it...

After all, that was NOT my main argument, did you actually read what i wrote?? And as i said... they will MAYBE come out, it isn't actually a fact! and i wasn't talking specifically about GAME discs being 50+ Gigs...

You are like race horses, you can only see in one direction... and that is right in front of you, you only see (or read in this case) what you want to see... :nono:

PLEASE, read first, THEN argue, whenever you have a good and objective understanding of what you're reading...

Do you deny saying your only reason is blueray? "And here's the only reason: BLURAY"

I read what you have to say, and touched on the most retarded part in it. When your over all argument is that the ps3 is ahead of its time and you mention how the rom can only read the first few layers... and since it becomes one big contradiction, there is no point in going into anything else you said. I am not arguing anything, Im stating a fact. You are in contradiction. You argue that its ahead of its time but then complain about something that IS not. Theres nothing else to be said. Deal with it.

Btw: you mention all the "features" of blue ray, which you seem to think relate to screen resolution. Blue ray is about how much data it can hold. Thats the "features" of blue ray. Higher def video will take up more disk space, and require more processing power. You dont know what you are talking about when it comes to blue ray. Needing an HD tv is not necessary nor does it = blue ray.

so your comment on blue ray "SO all of it's ''features'' become unusable..." is total BS. It only has one feature, to hold a **** load of data. This is not reliant on a HDtv nor surround sound speakers. And your pricing sucks as well. You fail at truth, and win at being "narrow sighted" which you accuse me of.

btw champ, already 28% of americans (based on america duh) own HDTVs. This is a huge leap from last year, and at this rate it wont be that far into the future when everyone will have one. This is still considered a "NEW" thing. Lastly, that ps3 with its "blue ray" opperates on regular tvs too.

First of all, yes, I am a Nintendo gamer. I have been since the 8-bit days. I don't like to call myself a fanboy, there are too many negative connotations to that term. I don't bounce from board to board spouting "ZOMG P$3 suXX0rz". I do, however, think Sony seriously dropped the proverbial ball this generation.

you are a fanboy, deal with it.

Don't get me wrong, the PS3 is a serious piece of hardware. I don't know the exact numbers, but I'm sure it's dozens if not hundreds of times more powerful than the Wii. This is exactly its problem.
Try thousands. Well not really, but after playing a few games on the wii its believable

First and foremost in Sony's ball dropage is the Blu Ray. Its inclusion resulted in short supplies, launch delays, and a hugely inflated price. Blu Ray, again, is a fantastic piece of technology. However, HDTV penetration still isn't that high. No one without an HDTV will see the benefit. Also, consumers are wary of buying into the technology while the format war rages on. While Blu Ray gives Sony a high definition title of some sort, it just isn't needed at this time.

Actually alot fo people have hdtv's. You dont need an hdtv to enjoy larger games on a blu ray disk.

The main advantage over current generation DVD is the storage capacity. Okay, so we can have 50GB games now. And...? No game comes anywhere near that, and probably won't for at least a few years. They don't need it. Look at Gears of War: 4.7GB. And that game is beautiful. And while the Blu Ray drive offers better capacity and graphics, it is still a relatively new technology. The result: a 2x drive that gives snail-like loading times.

resiatance fall of man was 15gb, which is also a launch game. The creator of mgs said he will be pushing the limits on a bdrom. Another great thing about the ps3 is the internal hard drive. Meaning you can download stuff from the disk on the drive to improve load times.

Leaving out Blu Ray could have cut $200 from the PS3's price. Hell, I would have been tempted to buy one at $300.

then you have a current gen gaming system. Sony wanted next gen, and really wanted to push the envelope. WHo the hell would have bought a ps3 with a dvd rom drive if most of the games are going to get ported anyway? It would have no upper hand on the 360. Next time you make a statement, think of it from a business perspective.

The Blu Ray also cost Sony delays... upwards of a year depending on the market. The delay cost Sony exclusives and gave Microsoft a yearlong head start.

Sony wiill easily catch up and surpass. Theres way too many good things happening for it.

So what should Sony have done? Slapped a current generation DVD drive in that puppy, ditched HDMI for component, and called it the PS2.5. Give us Blu Ray in 3 years when it will make a difference.

Or they could leaves things as is, make better games, longer games, and a system that will be around for at least 6 years. I guess they could have done what you suggest, and lose even more money to develope another system in 3 years. The lack of intelligence you let off is amazing. I pray you wear a helmet.

people tend to forget piracey is a huge problem. Even though i support the piracy of bad games (products), the good ones do deserve the money. Thats how we as gamers say that we will pay for good things, not bad. But anyways, piracy is really hurting the game industry.

They initially thought it was a computer game problem, and developers were starting to look to consoles over computers, but then the piracy boomed in consoles as well. Right now its easy to pirate wii and 360 games. Not so much PS3 games. Why? because of blue ray. By staying ahead of the current generation, they are saying that even with your fast broadband, a large amount of gigs isnt easy to DL. That blue ray disks are new enough that not every shadey wierd (enter ethicity here) guy will be able to sell them on the street corner for 5 bucks.

No, Blue Ray IS needed. In order to beat piracey you have to stay two steps ahead of it and the technology that makes it possible. People are over exagerating about it, and quite frankly, I welcome new technology given at a faster pace than slowly over time. Before I die of old age or too much sex and drugs, I want to experience freakin VR and sci-fi gaming to the max.

Thanks Cyan... i guess you're right, it looks like Shift is a tough one... :hand:
Well, champ (talking to Shift), i'm gonna start at the bottom and then go up...
"28% of the americans"... when you say america are you talking about the United States Of America? Or about Venezuela, Guatemala, Costa Rica, Brasil, Ecuador, Paraguay, Argentina, Peru, Mexico, Panama, ect??? Let me tell you this, the US is NOT the only contry of AMERICA, it's just PART of it (just making the comment, it just annoys me.)
Second... does the sales of the PS3 are only entended for the US market?? Mmmmmm, considering the fact not ALL of the consoles are sold in the US, and as you said, 28% of the people owns an hdtv (that leave us with like 80 million people) and a LOT of those are not willing to buy a PS3 (just look at the sales...).
AND... where i live is very much like the rest of the american coutryes, HDTV is not the THING right now...
...that was just for the people owning HDTVs argument...

NEXT...and about the BLURAY...
We are talking about the PS3...RIGHT??? The functionality of the drive in the PS3 (by this i mean the purpose of it being in there, not the mere purpose of the BLURAY technology...) is limited...

Let me Explain... you buy a PS3 for what? Playing HD games with uncompressed sound... watch HD movies... surf the web... maybe YOU know all the potential it has, but for ME, and the vast majority of buyers that make their decision watching the tv adverts, that's what the PS3 is ALL ABOUT.
So... why would i need a BR player if i can't see, hear what it promises???
What can i ACTUALLY do with it's tremendous processing power and storage capabilities??

If you are to use it as it should... you need a large amount of gadgets... *hint*: A BR burner, HD camera (just an example, please don't kill me...), BR discs, an HDTV (if you want to SEE the content as it should)... and let me tell you (if you haven't noticed yet) ALL of this stuff IS EXPENSIVE...

Ahead of it's time... we're talking about the BLURAY drive IN the PS3...again.
''Oh, i have a BD with 50GB, i'm gonna store all my pics in there'' for what? watching them on my PS3?? (again... you need a BD burner for this) I don't even think i have more than 15 GB of pics in my pc (and that's like 4 years of pictures..) And let me tell you... you will NEVER EVER sit up and watch 15 Gigs of pics... (and just understand that this is an example champ...) If you really have the need to watch pics on the tv, just burn a normal CD (about 700mb) and put it in your dvd player (or your ps2... whatever...). But it is a FACT, that you will get REALLY bored after the 200 mark... (and again...JUST an example).

So... what else can you do with BD... (besides watching HD content) mmmm, oh! you can put in the complicated PC software programs... wait a minute... we're talking about the PS3... mmmm... looks like that ''feature'' won't work here.
SOOO, for the average human being... (having in mind that the people in the US are not the only ones in this planet *just making the comment*) a PS3 is THAT, an HD gaming console with the capability of playing movies (HD also...if not, what's the point?)
Why use BLURAY if it was just not needed (right now), look at the xbox, they use a normal DVD drive and you can still have HD (useful if you have an HDTV).

And that, champ, takes us back to THING, it's ahead of it's time...
Now... tell me what you got...

And about the piracy...
IF the BLURAY technology stays, prices will come down EVENTUALLY...
What does that mean? PIRACY, it' just a matter of time...
And please...by this i DO NOT mean i'm ok with piracy... remember that some people feed their children because of it... NOT defending them, just saying...
PLEASE...DO NOT REPLY TO THIS... i was JUST making a remark... :thumbsup:

alexgc87 said:
And that, champ, takes us back to THING, it's ahead of it's time...
Now... tell me what you got...

kid, if thats all you got then its not even worth responding to. Did you even read what you typed? Btw, when i said (america) i was referring to canada and the USA. If it bothers you, then too bad because only an idiot would not understand it.

you seem to think playing a ps3 = having to have a HDTV. Thats just retarded. You will get the best out of each game with full on HDcp but its not required. I like how you focus on pictures in relation to blue ray. LoL you are really trying arnt ya? haha

Last edited:
Oh champ... ;)

"If it bothers you, then too bad because only an idiot would not understand it."

Well, seems like we have an idiot here (not precisely me)... as you read, i perfectly understood what you meant by ''americans'' i just made a remark about the misuse of the word... that's it.

Can't you just figure out a good argument to deny what i've said? MISTER...
You're acting like you have an omnipotent, all-powerful mind, "not worth responding to" well mister, WHO ARE YOU? GOD?
Looks like you think you're over everyone else here... let me tell you this (and please don't get mat)...YOU'RE NOT...

It just makes me laugh... seeing this kind of behavior... By the way kid, how old are you?

And at last but not less... ENGLISH is not my "native" language, so forgive me if i don't use the right words... Thanks!

alexgc87 said:
Thanks Cyan... i guess you're right, it looks like Shift is a tough one... :hand:

Hey anytime, Shift is a tough cookie to crack..... Not anything bad about Shift, i mean i give him credit, because when he does debates about these consoles or pcs, hes mostly right about what hes posting about, not saying that he is never wrong but, hes that type of person that would stay on you till he proves you wrong and he always seems to do that!!!!
Other members on this forum have met his Shift's wrath when it comes to argueing or let me just say debating, i wont say any of their names, but trust me theres a lot of them!!
"Once again, i said it before and i'll say it again, i respect Shift, people on this forum do their best to flame his ass,but Shift always finds a way to counter it and reply right back to it, slapping whoever tried to him (Shift) into his female dog..... No disrespect to those who were though!! I mean this when Shift his at his best!! Can you imagine 4-5 peeps AFTER YOU talking trash about you, I CANT!! But this GUY, Shift just has the ability to counter just about everyone of those flamers..."note not saying you cant!" Anyways, anytime your on a ps3 forum/thread you might want to watch the words you say just incase, or Shift is going to find his way posting all over that post you just made, until you just giveup and finally say that he is right, which some peeps on this forum know there wrong but dont want to admit that there wrong!!

But Your Welcome Anyways For The Help!!

shift is one of the only people on this board who brings up valid points that he can actually prove. By reading his posts im sure you will agree that he is an intelligent person. For the little kids who cant afford $500-$600 for a gaming system, dont make comments trying to justify you being broke. If you cant afford it then oh well. Either buy one off of ebay/craigslist for a good price, or wait until the price drops. Just because you cant afford one, doesnt mean sony should have stripped features just to satisfy the less fortunate. Personally I could afford one even if I was making 1/2 or 1/4 of the money im making now. It might have taken longer to save up, but i could have easily done it.

Oh! We have another one! :D

"For the little kids who cant afford $500-$600 for a gaming system, dont make comments trying to justify you being broke."

That just shows how selfish and egocentric you are...
Continue that way to succeed in life! ;)

By the way, sure Shift is intelligent...so bad there is not only one type of intelligence... looks like he knows about computers... that's IT!

alexgc87 said:
By the way, sure Shift is intelligent...so bad there is not only one type of intelligence... looks like he knows about computers... that's IT!

Try the word "too" instead of "so" and you might not sound so dense. Since you seem know all about me, please do tell me which major university i graduated from? In fact, do you even know my profession? Logic isnt limited to any one topic.. such as computers. You should give it a shot.

Shiftfallout said:
Try the word "too" instead of "so" and you might not sound so dense.
To be fair, I think that was a spelling mistake.

And forgive me if I'm wrong, but you too have made some in the past. Like "Piracey".
Also, when beginning a sentence, one usually starts with a capital letter. I've checked a few of your posts, and they seem to be lacking.
kid, if thats all you got then its not even worth responding to.
you seem to think playing a ps3 = having to have a HDTV.
people tend to forget piracey is a huge problem.

Not saying that I don't make the odd mistake, but to penalise someone for something one also does seems a little rich.

Also, I think you're being a little racist here:
That blue ray disks are new enough that not every shadey wierd (enter ethicity here) guy will be able to sell them on the street corner for 5 bucks.

Why is the "ethnicity" needed? Do white people not commit Piracy?

Squall7 said:
To be fair, I think that was a spelling mistake.

And forgive me if I'm wrong, but you too have made some in the past. Like "Piracey".
Also, when beginning a sentence, one usually starts with a capital letter. I've checked a few of your posts, and they seem to be lacking.

Oh trust me I know. I saw my mistake also but never bothered to correct it, because i really do not care. He mentioned earlier that english is not his first language and I am letting him know so that if feels he should remark on my smarts and also feel the need to point out he speaks another language, that knowing how to express ones self could be best used by a simple changing of a word. Im not making fun of him for it, rather in an attempt to be more clear and concise, a change of words might be helpful.

Im not a spelling nazi as you know, so you have to ask yourself if there is another purpose behind the remark. Then you might find the answer.

Also, I think you're being a little racist here:

Why is the "ethnicity" needed? Do white people not commit Piracy?

"noun
an ethnic quality or affiliation resulting from racial or cultural ties; "ethnicity has a strong influence on community status relations"

Also I think you are assuming a bit to much. Its called either slander or spin, take your pick.

Do you deny that ethicity can cover any race? Or that certain cultural practices are more common amongst some groups? Nothing i said was racist, it covers every type of person and cultural group.

You seem so "politically" correct and left wing that you read into stuff way to much to there for make a statement about what you believe. Some people love to protest for the sake of protesting, if there is nothing to protest about they make drama so that there is. I hope you would not stoop so low.

Back