PS3 is simply ahead of its time.

The last console to be ahead of it's time nearly sunk the whole company (Sega Dreamcast) but, hopefully, the PS3 won't do the same to Sony's gaming division. They took a gamble on Blu-Ray and it failed, simple as, and they'll just have to hope everything goes okay once the price drops a little and a few more decent games come out.

Shiftfallout said:
Oh trust me I know. I saw my mistake also but never bothered to correct it, because i really do not care. He mentioned earlier that english is not his first language and I am letting him know so that if feels he should remark on my smarts and also feel the need to point out he speaks another language, that knowing how to express ones self could be best used by a simple changing of a word. Im not making fun of him for it, rather in an attempt to be more clear and concise, a change of words might be helpful.
By using the word "dense"? I suppose that's one way of educating people...

Do you deny that ethicity can cover any race? Or that certain cultural practices are more common amongst some groups? Nothing i said was racist, it covers every type of person and cultural group.
Nope, but I do deny that "ethnicity" was neccessary. If you meant anybody including white people, then "ethnicity" wasn't neccessary to add. If you meant "anybody but a white person", then obviously it's generalising.

You seem so "politically" correct and left wing that you read into stuff way to much to there for make a statement about what you believe.
Nah, I just look at both the text and subtext. Looking at connotations and denotations can help to understand what kind of perspective that the other person is coming from.

Some people love to protest for the sake of protesting, if there is nothing to protest about they make drama so that there is. I hope you would not stoop so low.
Nah, to be honest, I don't think protesting in the UK is effective (in a wider social sense - obviously in a more democratic medium like the internet, it can be effective). Nobody listens to you, especially not the people that can actually do anything about it. Heck, we're so undemocratic that come July, nobody would have even voted in our new Prime Minister, which I think is wrong. I also find it kind of ironic there - Gordon Brown being Scottish, governing the UK. In Scotland - a nationalist in power. If Scotland is being run by a nationalist, and the UK is being run by a Scottish person, then who is actually looking after the rest of the UK?

Griever said:
The last console to be ahead of it's time nearly sunk the whole company (Sega Dreamcast) but, hopefully, the PS3 won't do the same to Sony's gaming division. They took a gamble on Blu-Ray and it failed, simple as, and they'll just have to hope everything goes okay once the price drops a little and a few more decent games come out.
Sony won't. Sega was a gaming only company - it's revenue depended on the gaming industry. Sony's empire is much larger. Even if Blu-Ray doesn't succeed, it will not lead to the end of the company. They survived Atrac, minidiscs and Betamax, they'll survive Blu-Ray. Heck, in the gaming industry, the only company that can fail is Nintendo - others have their own respective markets to fall back on. In the end, only Sony can pull the Playstation from the market, and they certainly won't do that yet...

Last edited:
If Scotland is being run by a nationalist, and the UK is being run by a Scottish person, then who is actually looking after the rest of the UK?
The last time I checked Brown isn't a member of the SNP and isn't an instigator of Scotland being seperate from the rest of the UK. In fact, if you look at the politics north of the border a little closer you'll see that Labour refused to form a coalition with the SNP simply because the Labour party does not want to see Scotland becoming independent from the rest of the UK.

Still; whenever the premiership changes hands we should have to vote on it simply because people do vote based on the leader as well as based on the policies. Politics isn't all about what a leader can do for the country, especially not in this day and age, politics is about reputations and respect and simply because of that a General Election should be called.

Last time i checked, Blu-ray outsold HD-DVD 5:1. But your right, people dont want it. I mean, to show how much we dont want it, lets buy more Blu-Ray's and less HD-DVD's.

Argue that one.

Blu-Ray is clearly the more technically dominant format out of the two and will probably win out eventually. It just might take a while the same way VHS took a while to win out in the Videotape wars and the way CD's took a long time to phase out audio tapes...

Squall7 said:
Nope, but I do deny that "ethnicity" was neccessary. If you meant anybody including white people, then "ethnicity" wasn't neccessary to add. If you meant "anybody but a white person", then obviously it's generalising.
Dont worry, I meant everyone, however, I felt it is important to note that it is easier to find such things as pirated games within a specific ethinicty overall, and it depends on where you live. The USA is quite diverse and certain groups, socially standing, do play certain roles more so than others. Profiling is not uncommon here now a days due to the nature of ratio and occurance.

Nah, I just look at both the text and subtext. Looking at connotations and denotations can help to understand what kind of perspective that the other person is coming from.
Careful though, we cannot rely purely on connotation alone.

Nah, to be honest, I don't think protesting in the UK is effective (in a wider social sense - obviously in a more democratic medium like the internet, it can be effective). Nobody listens to you, especially not the people that can actually do anything about it. Heck, we're so undemocratic that come July, nobody would have even voted in our new Prime Minister, which I think is wrong. I also find it kind of ironic there - Gordon Brown being Scottish, governing the UK. In Scotland - a nationalist in power. If Scotland is being run by a nationalist, and the UK is being run by a Scottish person, then who is actually looking after the rest of the UK?

Protesting is a bit of a problem here in the USA. Everyone does it for every stupid little thing. Someone protests that they should allow illegals to become legal, then someone protests that protest, then someone else protest the protestors and before you know it everyone is running around with signs feeling so damn self righteous. At least its not violent like a soccer protest. lol but man its annoying. In china they killed the protestors, in france they flipped over cars and burned stuff, in the USA everyone just makes signs and makes a lot of noise. Really annoying. Sorry.. im done with my rant.

Griever said:
The last time I checked Brown isn't a member of the SNP and isn't an instigator of Scotland being seperate from the rest of the UK. In fact, if you look at the politics north of the border a little closer you'll see that Labour refused to form a coalition with the SNP simply because the Labour party does not want to see Scotland becoming independent from the rest of the UK.
Err, I was more talking about Alex Salmond (didn't look for his name until now - My bad). Alex Salmond is the nationalist first minister.

I wonder how this will strain the relationship between UK and Scotland...

Still; whenever the premiership changes hands we should have to vote on it simply because people do vote based on the leader as well as based on the policies. Politics isn't all about what a leader can do for the country, especially not in this day and age, politics is about reputations and respect and simply because of that a General Election should be called.
Very true. Heck, I'm still wondering how Blair got in again...

For a second, it seemed like we had a three party system, rather than a two party. Lib Dems seemed to be gaining ground - especially when Labour MP's were telling people to vote for Lib Dems - they thought the Lib Dems had no chance, and would take away votes from the conservatives.

Shiftfallout said:
Dont worry, I meant everyone, however, I felt it is important to note that it is easier to find such things as pirated games within a specific ethinicty overall, and it depends on where you live. The USA is quite diverse and certain groups, socially standing, do play certain roles more so than others. Profiling is not uncommon here now a days due to the nature of ratio and occurance.
Ok. I mean, heck, stereotypes are sometimes true. However, it may be true for specific reasons - self fulfilling prophecy, extremely broad stereotypes, etc... I think piracy is one of those things that does transcend ethnicity though.

Careful though, we cannot rely purely on connotation alone.
True. However, we also cannot fall into the trap of taking everything at face value. A middleground, as always, is the best way to see things.

Protesting is a bit of a problem here in the USA. Everyone does it for every stupid little thing. Someone protests that they should allow illegals to become legal, then someone protests that protest, then someone else protest the protestors and before you know it everyone is running around with signs feeling so damn self righteous. At least its not violent like a soccer protest. lol but man its annoying. In china they killed the protestors, in france they flipped over cars and burned stuff, in the USA everyone just makes signs and makes a lot of noise. Really annoying. Sorry.. im done with my rant.
Soccer protests are usually people looking to create violence, just needing an excuse. One of the reasons I don't really like Soccer, err, football. In the UK, they're the protesters are usually undermined. For example, a little old lady was protesting council tax last year. She refused to pay up, and went to prison. Before she became a martyr, an annonymous benefactor paid up the cost and she was set free. She's vowed to do the same thing next time...

Last edited:
Griever said:
Care to back up that opinion, Axtlar, or should I shoot another raving fanboy dead?

Wow you're quite the psychopath. And for the record the only good thing the PS3 has is Final Fantasy 13 and awesome graphics. Other than that theres no reason why I would ever want one. And the $600 I would spend to get one would better be spent getting Wii games or as I just did moments ago buying my 360 (Elite Version w/ Extras).

Back