Ps3 Price Cut Today And 80gb Model Announced

sagema said:
Sony wants to match Microsoft on their Elite. A larger hard drive. I remember them giving a lecture on not needing to upgrade the PS3 for 10 years(In fact they still say that). It has only been 6+ months and now they are releasing a larger hard drive, they are removing the emotion engine, and later they promise another version with controller ports, new chips, and rumble features back in. So much for any plans to not mess with the 20gb version that's supposed to last 10 years. If Microsoft drops the 360 price to $200 it would be the end of Sony. Remember Microsoft has $60 billion in the bank to blow, and they spent $1 billion on free console repairs.

All this money being thrown around. It should be about the games.

LOL where do you come up with this stuff. You love making things up dont you? Sagema you consistantly say things that are suprisingly ignorant, that i still have trouble believing you are 27. In fact SSBB_lover is 14 and has a better sense of reality and uses more logic than you do.

Have you ever thought to research and comprehend whats going on, rather than just assume it is so.

Microsoft created the Elite with the increase of HD size because they planned long ago to give it a TIVO function. You need a bigger HD to record video. Sony did not need to upgrad their hard drives, nor are they doing so in response to Microsoft. Did you not know the patent for the upgraded ps3 was filed way back before we knew of the elite? i dont think you did. The ps3 Hard drive is an interchangable PC hard drive. If you get the 499 version, and spend 100 bucks getting a 300gigabyte Hard drive, for 599 you could easily have a system that holds more than any other console. Thats how easy it is.

Sony used the PC interchangable HD for a reason, they are not doing a TIVO function and therefor are not beefing up their HD space for that reason.

I remember I told everyone that Sony was pushing the 60gig version down to the 20 gig price and releasing a new version for 599. Those people laughed saying it wasnt going to happen. Guess what? It did. Wanna know why? because I know whats going on. You should too, if you tried.

You also need to remember microsoft made the decision to rush their system out on the market before it was tested propperly. The end result was the red ring of death, microsoft will spend more than 1 billion. Thats only their announced estimate, but they are not stupid enough to say how much they expect it really will cost. Their move rushed the console but nabbed the games.

ok what did sony do? they held off their system for over a year. The reports were coming in that the ps3 prototype was overheating due to the power of the console. They took a year to fix that, now its the coolest system on the market. The console came out later, but its far more stable.

Microsoft is blowing money on their games by the way. You think franchises went exclusive for the 360 because they felt like it? lol microsoft bought them out. Thats how exclusives work. Lets also look how those billions of dollars are being spent. Take digital anvil for example. Great company that went to microsoft to publish their games. Only microsoft spent a load of the money buying out digital anvil itself, they ported the games into console titles, sold the others to ubisoft and put the best of the staff into microsofts game studio, then dismantled the company itself. Microsoft is like the borg.

Sony is putting their money into creating new franchises and setting up a new wave of console entertainment. Remember, both microsoft and sony are mostly relying on third party developers at this point, so their money has no effect there other than publishing.

You really need to learn this stuff.

shift maan im about to go to walmart and try to return my wii console

but i dont know how without the recipt

please help

if i return it ill be able to get ps3

Last edited:
sagema said:

lol but you DIDNT post the articles found on gamespot. You failed to reference them and you spun them out of context. Some of the claims you made were completely fabricated and are not even in those articles.

You claimed the 80gb upgrade was in direct response to the elite, which is a lie. So now you are lying about lying. lol is there no end to your folly.

heres a quote from your "articles"
GS: So the price drop was not in response to any outside influences?

JT: No.

So apparently, you also failed to read those articles, either that or you chose to use selective journalism, aka lying.

zeon9881 said:
shift maan im about to go ti waknart and try ti return my wii console

but i dont know ho without the recipt

please help

if i return it ill be able to get ps3

You probably wont be able to. You are lucky, right now the Wii is still hard to get. What does that mean? It meas resale value is still high. Bundled with some games and such, you can resell the system for quite a bit if not more. A friend just bought a wii used for 400 bucks, and it came with games and all. People will pay more to get their hands on it. Just put a posting online somewhere.

The problem with the argument that the PS3's tech will be up to date longer isn't a huge point. Within 5 years we are going to see the next generation of console gaming. That next gen will blow away the current gen.

The PS3 is going to make up ground. But, the console isn't going to last forever.

About the blu ray, everyone knows it's cheaper to buy a PS3 than a stand alone player. However, HD is still a budding market. By the time it has really spread to a wider degree the stand alone player will see a major price drop. I just do not believe the number of systems sold by the blu-ray reader outweighs the number of systems they would have sold at a $400 price tag. Sony is about to move some systems via this new price drop. Sony got too convinced of it's own gaming dominance, sort of like Nintendo a decade ago. You would think after watching Nintendo misstep then they would have learned. After doing so much right the first two times around Sony has made a couple of mistakes that hurt them in the short run.

IcedEarth81 said:
The problem with the argument that the PS3's tech will be up to date longer isn't a huge point. Within 5 years we are going to see the next generation of console gaming. That next gen will blow away the current gen.

The PS3 is going to make up ground. But, the console isn't going to last forever.

About the blu ray, everyone knows it's cheaper to buy a PS3 than a stand alone player. However, HD is still a budding market. By the time it has really spread to a wider degree the stand alone player will see a major price drop. I just do not believe the number of systems sold by the blu-ray reader outweighs the number of systems they would have sold at a $400 price tag. Sony is about to move some systems via this new price drop. Sony got too convinced of it's own gaming dominance, sort of like Nintendo a decade ago. You would think after watching Nintendo misstep then they would have learned. After doing so much right the first two times around Sony has made a couple of mistakes that hurt them in the short run.

think of it this way, which of the last gen systems is still making games and selling well? the answer is the PS2. Now imagine sony comes out with another console with updated graphical capabilities building upon what they did with the ps3. You can bet that all playstation games will be backwards combatible. Either way it will be a nice investment.

Sony's gonna lose a lot of money, making the system is very pricey and making it is a pain. Games are also starting to jump on other platforms as well..

to shift,

in ebay u have to pay fro shipping and you only get 200 for the console oh and tax

to rival,

have u dony research

and if u have please eleborate!

zeon9881 said:
to shift,

in ebay u have to pay fro shipping and you only get 200 for the console oh and tax

to rival,

have u dony research

and if u have please eleborate!

ebay is a bidding website. Meaning what you see isnt the final price unless there is a buy out price that you set. You can sell a pair of panties for 900000 bucks if you wanted to. Basically people buy and sell Wiis for profit. Usually what happens is people will bid for a wii and watch it, someone else will beat their bid and they will counter by paying more. Thats the whole concept.

Its not that bad, as you can factor in the shipping with the price or not. Its really not that difficult. I dont know how else to explain more clearly.

Again i suggest trying to sell your wii locally, its much easier for you that way. The game store method works, or post on some websites that do classifieds in your area. Not that hard if you try to look for it. The key is to find people who want a wii but cant find one. In those cases they are more willing to spend more on it. Also if you have someone mod your wii, you can usually sell it for much more.

so i should sell it on ebay?

see i was at ebay 2 days a go and their was a wii selling with zelda for 250$ with 3 hours left

man maybe i could go to another wal-mart and say that i bought this wii 2 days ago with a gifcard but didnt get a recipt. so im here to get one and then if they give it ill return it to anothre walmart

but that sounds like a tupid idea

man i wish this was easir

see with ebay if i sell it for like 250 ill have to pay 25-60$ on shippin and then on top of that ebay takes some of the money you get

Back