Should i get a PS3 or 360...im still contimplating on which i should get!!

i say 360.. i have one and its much better than my friends ps3 he sold his to buy a 360 in the end.. PLUS WHO EVER SAID THERE IS NO GEARS OF WAR 2... there makeing a trilogy... kinda hints there will be a 2nd :p

But over all other than hard ware differences the ps3 and 360 are quite alike really..

There was a bunch of noise in this thread so I'm not sure the OP's question about connectivity got answered? PC/PS3 connect to the internet via the same protocol and the charge is whatever you pay to your currect ISP (so if you pay $40/month for DSL, it's still $40/month when you hookup your PS3).

However, on the service end (browsing the web is a service, it's free), where you connect to a dedicated network for PS3 specific services, that's where there would be an extra fee - for these PS3 services, it's currently free.

FYI, some of the technical analysis in that article (which I read a few weeks ago after it was posted by another user) is not accurate. The author skirts the issue by saying "not getting into details" then goes on to make some broad sweeping "facts" about fill rates and unified architecure.

When developers build some in-house API's to leverage the PS3 architecture (vs. some of the "brute force" implementations going on today), the machine will really shine. A buddy of mine is the Exec Producer for a fairly well known publisher, and he was telling me about some internal proof-of-concept demos done on the PS3 with complex surface/bump mapping and physics - they're apparently incredible, but the effort is so substantial it would double the time to market on most (already in process) titles.

That being said, I still (as always) will say it's about the software/games and the PS3 is still trailing in that capacity. However, there are some amazing looking titles on deck. Whoever gets RE to market first will likely have my money :lol:

I'm also having this dilemma, and for the best part of this day I've been thinking and researching the question: Do I want a PS3 or a 360? I made four categories that could sway my decision - exclusive games that I actually really want, the cost of everything that I would require, friends that are online that I would particularly like to regularly play against, and 'other', which is just other factors that may have an influence. Here is what I gathered:

>360

*Games
-Halo 3
-Mass Effect

*Cost
-360 Premium (20GB, inc. wired headset) with Fifa 08, 2 irrelevant games, and an extra wireless controller
-2 battery packs
-Wireless adaptor
-Xbox Live Gold
-Component HD AV cables (I'm not sure if these are included in the Premium pack or not)
-Wireless headset

Total: ~£430

*Friends
-Best mate
-Cousin

*Other
-Colour: white
-HD-DVD player +£100

>PS3

*Games
-Final Fantasy XIII
-Metal Gear Solid 4

*Cost
-40BG PS3 with an irrelevant game
-Controller
-Charge cable
-HDMI cable
-Wireless headset

Total: ~£380

*Friends
-Good mate
-Good mate

*Other
-Colour: black
-Blu-ray player included

In conclusion, I can't really choose just because of the exclusive titles; I'm more interested in titles that are available for both, so there's nothing between them for me here. The costs are similar, as those prices can easily differ with bundles, sales, shopping around, etc. But as you can see, the PS3 does appear cheaper. The one thing tempting about the 360 for me, is playing against my best mate online. It sounds quite stupid, but our epic encounters have been limited recently, but playing online would make it a lot easier! That being said, I really shouldn't consider that, because I'm sure there's millions of people out there who I can play. The reason why I included the colour, is because my TV is black, and the things around my TV are black, so the PS3 would look pretty sweet included in that, whereas the 360 would attack the aesthetics of my room. Then there's the fact that the Blu-ray player is within the PS3; when taking into account that the HD-DVD player isn't included with the price of the 360, the PS3 appears the best option money-wise.

So, after much analysis and thinking, and considering what I've always thought I wanted, I'm going to get a PS3. Of course, if anybody would like to tempt me into the 360, they are more than welcome to, as my decision is not 100% until I actually purchase it, which won't be for a few weeks probably.

to lewi. i think that if your stuck dont be quick to waste your hard earned money. Buying a console is a large investment. It's like getting a car you want to browse your option before giving your money. I think you should research both systems, and see which has more appealing games to your taste. A great site that i would reccomend would be www.ign.com they are very unbiased with their reviews.

No wireles router you pay for .

I have a 360(broken) and a ps3

Ps3 has

Built in wifi ( 360 $100 for wifi)
free online (360. $50 a year)
you can browse the enter net with the ps3
good gfx
bul ray player
nice size hard drive ps3 has

Rrod for 360

Sorry for double post
So get a ps3 :)

Last edited:
No wireles router you pay for .

I have a 360(broken) and a ps3

Ps3 has

Built in wifi ( 360 $100 for wifi)
free online (360. $50 a year)
you can browse the enter net with the ps3
good gfx
bul ray player
nice size hard drive ps3 has

So get a ps3 :)

360 you could get the red light of death mine has had 2x

Last edited:
You could go with the PS3 because it's the underdog as of now.

While the wii and 360 duke it out for first using different approaches.

But I plan to get a PS3 when I have about a spare 500 bucks and a clear insight of at least 5 games I plan to purchase.

And I'm not very huge on shooters. I havn't really played my MOH in a week.

And for some reason, I don't like talking, with a voice, to strangers (even interweb friends) over the internet. I just wanna pound someone into the ground. So the wii's nice for me. Though, I do wish could chat with my actual friends in real life on wii games. Not alot of them have wiis, but you get my point. I'm picky.

But if you really can't decide, flip a coin.

Later, when you realize that you made the wrong decision (No matter what you get, really) you can blame the coin. Or fate. Coins are always easier to blame. They can't bite back.

I agree with that...so the router comes with it...i just need to download it to my computer and it goes straight to my ps3 right? Then its online forever with no problems what so ever..

nic7 said:
I'd say PS3 because these are the games for each:
Xbox 360: Halo 3, Bioshock, Mass effect, a better version of The Orange Box, Gears of War 1 and 2, Exclusive GTA content
PS3: Metal Gear Solid 4, Kingdom Hearts 3, God of War 3, Ratchet and Clank, Final Fantasy 13

Well you see, half the games you added were not exclusives... where as all the ps3 gamers listed are exclusives, so nyaa :p. What are the exclusives in the orange box?

Ps3 is the way to go. List of games is far more diverse, online is free, better hardware, more reliable, friendlier...

360 has got alot of really cool features, no getting past it. But ps3 is for those who enjoy their many games.

Those games are considered exclusives because they aren't on the PS3. So, if you wanted any of those games you couldn't purchase a PS3, you'd need a PC/360. (And a PC really doesn't count towards the Console Wars)

But I already listed in this thread the difference in The Orange Box versions.
Because here are the reviews for each:

360 Version

PS3 Version

And you can't call a system more friendly. I'm pretty sure an inanimate object can't be friendly. Also, Microsoft has solved the Red Rings of Death problem. So, that's no longer a valid argument.

Oh, and give me 1 exclusive PS3 title that has scored above 90% on average review. Because Bioshock, Mass Effect, Gears of War, and Halo 3 all have. And so has The Orange Box. Which like I said, is much better for the 360.

Last edited:
busterbry said:
to lewi. i think that if your stuck dont be quick to waste your hard earned money. Buying a console is a large investment. It's like getting a car you want to browse your option before giving your money. I think you should research both systems, and see which has more appealing games to your taste. A great site that i would reccomend would be www.ign.com they are very unbiased with their reviews.
What did you think my last post was about?? I've been constantly researching for months now, but only recently I've stepped it up, so whichever I choose will be a valid choice. But I picked the PS3 so I'll be getting one soonish; I'm just shopping around now. I can't decide which bundle to get.

Silent Hill V, Metal Gear Solid 4, Final Fantasy 13 and Resident Evil 5. This is the world we will one day live in.. which is a long way to go.

Get the 360

Back