So wait... 360 isnt HD?

I Got My 360 On A HD With 1080i HDMI!

Your Friend Is Waaaaaaaaay Wrong...

Yes, isn't it wondeful that it has HD with 1080i HDMI? I just plain love it

"True HD" is just some stupid word sony put out to sound cool.

Of course Xbox360 supports HD.

HDTV
HDTV (High Definition) television monitors reveal either 720 progressive (720p), or a minimum of 1080 interlaced lines, known as 1080i. An HDTV will show 540 lines at a time. These resolutions create extraordinarily sharp, lifelike images as well as the truest and most vivid colors ever seen on a television screen. "True" HD

EDTV
EDTV stands for Enhanced Definition Television. EDTV monitors display at least 480 progressive lines (480p). Because EDTV shows more lines simultaneously than SDTV, its pictures are sharper, richer and more realistic. This is sometimes confused with HD.

SDTV
Standard Definition TV is what’s rapidly becoming old-fashioned television. Although SDTV offers a decent picture we’ve grown accustomed to, it features up to 480 interlaced lines (480i), but can show only 240 of them at any given time. Although SDTV produces a sharp picture and good color, its performance is dramatically inferior to HDTV or EDTV. I own a 19" one. haha.

Off of TigerDirect.ca (http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1816388&CatId=386)

Ill probably end up buying a CAD $600-900 area HDMI supported (At least 1080i) LCD HDTV when i get my Xbox360. Or maybe wait a little bit after my 360 just for i can see how much nicer it looks.

Last edited:
what is the visual difference between 720p and 1080i? is one better than the other? is 720p better cuz of progressive scan? im so confused by hdtv grrrrrrr

Set your PC desktop to 768 - then 1024. There's an indication of the difference...

gingerkid said:
what is the visual difference between 720p and 1080i? is one better than the other? is 720p better cuz of progressive scan? im so confused by hdtv grrrrrrr

from a personal point of view, when i had my 360, it looked better in
720p than it did 1080i

although the main game graphics weren't that much different, in-game
text and the 360 dash looked noticeably worse when configured @1080i

the best thing to do is try each setting to see what you prefer.
everyone's tv setup is different. the best option is to configure the 360
to as near to the native resolution of the TV that you're using.

if you have access to a HDTV which supports Component & VGA, try both.
VGA has the advantage of "upscaling" DVD's to "psuedo" HD quality.

also, M$ have "apparently" fixed the washed out issue which has been the
irritation of many VGA users, although i can't comment on this as i got rid
of my 360 before the spring update.

[/offtopic] I'm really confused with my Wii settings, it says its on 576i.. is that normal?

PtonJalken said:
"True HD" is just some stupid word sony put out to sound cool.

Of course Xbox360 supports HD.

HDTV
HDTV (High Definition) television monitors reveal either 720 progressive (720p), or a minimum of 1080 interlaced lines, known as 1080i. An HDTV will show 540 lines at a time. These resolutions create extraordinarily sharp, lifelike images as well as the truest and most vivid colors ever seen on a television screen. "True" HD

EDTV
EDTV stands for Enhanced Definition Television. EDTV monitors display at least 480 progressive lines (480p). Because EDTV shows more lines simultaneously than SDTV, its pictures are sharper, richer and more realistic. This is sometimes confused with HD.

SDTV
Standard Definition TV is what’s rapidly becoming old-fashioned television. Although SDTV offers a decent picture we’ve grown accustomed to, it features up to 480 interlaced lines (480i), but can show only 240 of them at any given time. Although SDTV produces a sharp picture and good color, its performance is dramatically inferior to HDTV or EDTV. I own a 19" one. haha.

Off of TigerDirect.ca (http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1816388&CatId=386)

Ill probably end up buying a CAD $600-900 area HDMI supported (At least 1080i) LCD HDTV when i get my Xbox360. Or maybe wait a little bit after my 360 just for i can see how much nicer it looks.

At least someone knows what there talking about on this ****ing forum.

True HD = not real (Sony made it up)

Happy said:
[/offtopic] I'm really confused with my Wii settings, it says its on 576i.. is that normal?

yup. if you're using the supplied composite (red/yellow/white) cables.

the PAL Wii supports either 576i (interlaced) @ 50fps

or, if you get the "component" cables 480p @ 60fps which imo, looks
better.

Back