Sony finally realizes what is needed, a price-cut

som1 said:
uhhh, if they realized they need price cut, why did they make it $50 more in canada?
sony sucks
orly.gif

Prices in Canada are always more. For example, pick up a book and look for the price. Usually, it give the price in US and in Canada. The price in Canada is always more expensive (on books) and I guess this applies to the PS3 as well.

sagema said:
If Sony wants to get serious they should price drop their games! Blue ray is supposed to be cheaper to produce than DVD, that's why Sony supported the format.

Correction: it isn't cheaper to make blu-ray discs. They're even more expensive than HD-DVD discs. The reason Sony supports the format is because they invented it, therefore they get a cut of the money from each one sold.

DeathsHand said:
You definately raise some interesting points, but I still think I'm going to buy one. By the way thanks for not attacking me personally haha.

Attack you personally over your choice of console? I'm not that pathetic.

Last edited:
I think 600 dollars for a video game system is outrageous.
Sony needs to definitely change the price of the PS3 or it will be the next Sega Saturn. Expensive and unsupported.

I'm not holding off for price drops, I'm holding off for stability.

There are way too many cases of these things bricking on people, and yes, it's covered under a warranty, but slap me for being stuck up, if I'm going to pay $600 for something, I expect it to work longer than 3 hours.

Plus a lot of developers are re-considering creating games due to less than expected sales, I don't want to buy one and only get to play 1 or 2 good games out of it.

If they can work on better support for past consoles, that would be great. The backwards compatibility list is just pathetic.

fistpittingnork said:
I'm not holding off for price drops, I'm holding off for stability.

There are way too many cases of these things bricking on people, and yes, it's covered under a warranty, but slap me for being stuck up, if I'm going to pay $600 for something, I expect it to work longer than 3 hours.

Plus a lot of developers are re-considering creating games due to less than expected sales, I don't want to buy one and only get to play 1 or 2 good games out of it.

If they can work on better support for past consoles, that would be great. The backwards compatibility list is just pathetic.

Ive said it many times before. Buy a ps3 from sams club or costco and its guaranteed for life. The backwards compatability list will grow with firmware updates. They have done alot of great things with the update, and we're expecting another good one within 1-2 weeks. In March it will be getting another huge update as well.

Wii&Ps3 said:
Ive said it many times before. Buy a ps3 from sams club or costco and its guaranteed for life. The backwards compatability list will grow with firmware updates. They have done alot of great things with the update, and we're expecting another good one within 1-2 weeks. In March it will be getting another huge update as well.

I knew Costco had a guarantee like this, but I wasn't aware Sam's Club did. I've looked at their site, only briefly, and was unable to locate anything similiar to Costco's return policy, do you know this for sure? If so, I might wait just a couple more months to see if the Ps3 is going to take off (as far as game developing and stability goes) and I might pay Sam's a visit. There are no Costcos where I live.

It will be very interesting to see how the PS3 sells in Australia, it's coming out sometime in March with a price tag of $1000. I won't be getting one, I have better things to spend my money on.

I will be buying a PS3, but I'm willing to wait for it... as soon as the wii becomes online multiplayer I'll forget about the PS3 for a while... by that time it better be cheaper!

Back