Sony: Wii is a "sub-element" of PS3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wii > PS3. People can argue about the "Blu-Ray" feature and its media accessibility, but when it all comes down to it, Nintendo came out on top.

more like the ps3 is a sub-element of an actual gaming device. that guy has no idea what he's talking about because what he's saying about the ps3 is true for the wii. the only thing the wii can't do that the ps3 can is play hd movies. if that even matters to anyone.

wake me up if the ps3 sells another console...yawn...:drool:

Last edited:
These execs who pay complements to Wii and try to make comparisons are obviously threatened by the fact that the Wii is bringing the GAME back in GAME CONSOLE. Phil Harrison and this guy are full of it.

Sony is using PS3 primarily for BluRay! All tis talk about "wii is a sub element" is a waste of breath. PS3 is just amalgamation of PS2, media functionality of a PC, a bootleg wiimote, and hype.

nork said:
the only thing the wii can't do that the ps3 can is play hd movies. if that even matters to anyone.

wake me up if the ps3 sells another console...yawn...:drool:

I have to agree there
Im a Media student and No-One cares about HD within films lol, They cost more to make so for Filmmakers thats bad if your a new film maker
It doesn't jack s**t

how many wiis have sold now? over 1mil? and none of them have a bluray, or even a dvd player.

how many ps3s would have sold if it didnt have bluray? not nearly as many, or at least as quickly.
and sony says nintendo has sub elements...

Ha blueray, dont sony remember betamax, Everybodies on about hd this hd that, thats the format thats going to be in everybodies home. Even minidisc has taken a back burner to mp3 players though did like the mini-disc format.

Rant over :O

I am very fond of Sony and -most- of their products. However the PS3 was a complete mistake from my POV. Blu-ray? So you get a better picture, not much. Media capabilities? Get a computer. Gaming? So you have some fancy pictures that you control by pressing buttons with the exact same controller we've been seeing for the past 7 years with wireless thrown in and some worthless motion-sensing crap.

I'm not paying $600 for that. Plus for Blu-Ray to be any good you have to have a TV that is 1080p capable. If you go to Wal-Mart you're not gonna find a TV like that. And if you do it's gonna cost you another $1000-$6000.

Prices for Sony 1080p capable TVs:
$2,299.99-$6,799.99 (Flat Panel)
Back Projection takes off $100
Front Projection gets up to $8,999.99

Last edited:
Remax Realtor said:
Congrats, you won stupidest post of the thread. The sixaxis was never meant to realy compete with the wii. The wii is completely based off of the remote. Most ps3 games wont even utilize the motion sensing remote.
i think you won the stupidest human being award, most of the people think the same :SONY copied Nintendo

Remax Realtor said:
Not selling very well? How many ps3's do you see on the shelf? Every store sells out in minutes of arrival. They havent sold alot because they take alot longer to make than the wii.
Wii: over a million units sold
PS3: not even 500 thousands (and they had 2 days of adventage)

Seems to me like Sony wanted to do the same thing that they did when the ps2 came out. Revolutionize the industry. At that point dvds were gathering alot of momentum. Having a dvd player in the ps2 was a great thing, as everyone wanted a dvd player. At this point in time, not as many ppl want blu-ray today as they wanted regular dvd players b ack then.

And the fact that supposedly you cant put batteries in the sixaxis is odd. What happens when the internal battery can no longer hold a charge?

re

zorrilla said:
i think you won the stupidest human being award, most of the people think the same :SONY copied Nintendo

Your not allowed to make that comment with the name of zorilla :shocked: I guess sony copied because their system can actually play movies, have games that are targeted to people above the age of 10, plays games and movies in hd, and has online play. I own the wii and enjoy the wii sports and zelda, but it has nothing else going for it. Red steel is terrible. Nfs carbon is terrible, and cod is worse. The wii is by far a better choice for parents that want to spend as little money as possible, without fear that their kids will play games meant for adults.

If sony released 2 million units at launch, they all would have been sold. Your an idiot for trying to compare sales. Nintendo made more units than sony. It doesnt take a brainiac to realize they will sell more. Congrats, you take the cake for stupidest human being.

re

zorrilla said:
Wii: over a million units sold
PS3: not even 500 thousands (and they had 2 days of adventage)

You call me stupidest human being, when you cant even spell **advantage**. Go back to school little boy.

Remax Realtor said:
1.If sony was envious on nintendo because their system is devoted to gaming, they would have done the same thing. Sony wanted something more than a gaming system.

2. two different target audiences. Sony wasnt trying to make a better motion sensing remote than the wii. It would be pointless since most games wont utilize it.

3. Not everyone likes ot sit in front of a computer to watch movies. I bought a big screen tv for a reason. Blu ray movies are alot clearer, but to me it doesnt matter. dvd and blueray both look good to me.

1. Sony TRIED to create something more than a gaming system & ended up confusing the hell out of consumers instead...

2. If most games don't utilise the motion sensing then why the hell make a motion sensing controller?! Unless their envious of Nintendo...

3. But for the sake of saving £300, why wouldnt you sit in front of your computer to watch a movie...

i0n said:
In an interview with the Sydney Morning Herald, Sony general manager for Australia and New Zealand said that, "The Wii-type functionality is more just a sub-element of what the PlayStation 3 offers".

He also went onto add, "Wii is a core gaming device. It's a more fun, intuitive sort of product to pick up, where the PS3 is a broader entertainment solution; so you can have your fun, enjoyable gaming ... but then you have a whole suite of other applications ... such as Blu-ray media playback, the ability to access your music, access your photos and the interoperability with the PSP".

Via: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=150432

They act like the invented home entertainment, screw blue ray. If I want to play dvds, I have a dvd player. I want "Other options" I will hop on my computer and play BF 2142. The Wii is fun, sony knows they screwed up. Wii is outselling the ps3, and their lame attempt to incorporate motion sensing to save a sinking ship is pathetic. Boo frikkity Hoo Sony, cry me a damn river

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back