The Baseball Playoffs Thread

Wii-Fi said:
looks like you and me wiitime are heading toward a long post season. if they don't make it, well what's the point of watching, i hate the rest of them.
right now i don't have much interest in the teams, but i still watch because its october.

@WiiTime: MLB 2K8 was promised for us, will it come? also heard rumors of a MLB Power Pros game with online?

Go Red Sox!! Hope they get the win tonight. If only the Mets had won the divison, there would be a better showing in the playoffs for the NL East.

manufan15 said:
Go Red Sox!! Hope they get the win tonight. If only the Mets had won the divison, there would be a better showing in the playoffs for the NL East.
You're kidding yourself if you think the Mets would've played any better than the Phillies have. The Rockies are on a major roll right now, it's actually kinda ridiculous.

I'd like to see the Cubs up 2-0 but such is life, NL West representing big time this year.

Kinda surprising Boston and Cleveland are both up 2-0, at least to me. I wonder if the teams have it in em to sweep every series, that would be some crazy nonsense.

blueovalboy7 said:
You're kidding yourself if you think the Mets would've played any better than the Phillies have. The Rockies are on a major roll right now, it's actually kinda ridiculous.

I'd like to see the Cubs up 2-0 but such is life, NL West representing big time this year.

Kinda surprising Boston and Cleveland are both up 2-0, at least to me. I wonder if the teams have it in em to sweep every series, that would be some crazy nonsense.

Hey, anything could've happened. The Mets were in a slump, and I think Willie Randolph would have got it together before the playoffs. The Mets are the better team. I think they had the better chance. Teh Phillies just don't have enough experience in the playoffs.

Anyway, Red Sox won, Yankees lost. A good night in baseball. That homerun Manny hit was a MONSTER!!! And it's kind of funny that the fan prevented the Angel's catcher from snagging the ball. It's not funny to an Angel's fan, though.

Last comment. Did anyone see the massive insects that were contained inside the Yankee's park? That must have been very irritating.

manufan15 said:
Hey, anything could've happened. The Mets were in a slump, and I think Willie Randolph would have got it together before the playoffs. The Mets are the better team. I think they had the better chance. Teh Phillies just don't have enough experience in the playoffs.
The Mets hadn't been playing as a team and I really doubt Randolph would have been able to get them settled in before the playoffs started, both the Phillies and Rockies were coming in on high notes, both coming back from way behind to score postseason positions. I just think the Phillies had a better chance talent wise, but the Mets do have the Playoff experience, though it doesn't look like that is affecting the way the Rockies are playing.
Anyway, Red Sox won, Yankees lost. A good night in baseball. That homerun Manny hit was a MONSTER!!! And it's kind of funny that the fan prevented the Angel's catcher from snagging the ball. It's not funny to an Angel's fan, though.
I was playing Halo 3 when that game was in extras so I didn't get to see Manny's bomb, but I can't say I'm not happy that the Yankees lost, and honestly I can go either way with the Red Sox/Angels series.
Last comment. Did anyone see the massive insects that were contained inside the Yankee's park? That must have been very irritating.
It was actually at Jacob's Field in Cleveland, but yea I saw that, and I'm pretty sure they were the reason Chamberlain threw those two wild pitches to get the Indians even with them.

Well two series done and the NLCS is set, Rockies vs. Diamondbacks. NL West representing. Should be a decent series, though won't have much appeal to the rest of the US.

Sorry Wii-Fi, wasn't meant to be this year, Soriano needs to produce for them to have a chance and from what I saw in the first two games he did nothing.

Tomorrow we could possibly have our ALCS set, Yankees haven't looked decent at all, as well as the Angels, who are battered and injury riddled.

Rockies/Phillies series:
Game 1 - Rockies 4 / Phillies 2
Game 2 - Rockies 10 / Phillies 5
Game 3 - Rockies 2 / Phillies 1

Diamondbacks/Cubs series:
Game 1 - D'backs 3 / Cubs 1
Game 2 - D'backs 8 / Cubs 4
Game 3 - D'backs 5 / Cubs 1

Indians/Yankees series:
Game 1 - Indians 12 / Yankees 3
Game 2 - Indians 2 / Yankees 1
Game 3 - TBP (To Be Played)

Red Sox/Angels series:
Game 1 - Red Sox 4 / Angels 0
Game 2 - Red Sox 6 / Angels 3
Game 3 - TBP (To Be Played)

that's alright, both of us are pretty disappointed in our teams, i wanted the Padres to get there too. Yeah and A-ram and Soriano did nothing, we had so many opportunities to score. Thanks for updating my thread too btw

No prob on updating, I like to keep everybody informed that is interested in these things.

Yea Cubs just couldn't get the offense rolling, and I know people are going to blame it on Lou for pulling Zambrano in the first game, but you know, it was the bullpens fault, who never do that, they have some experience now and hopefully that will translate into next year.

well about big z, i think it was an ok decision, if the game went to 4, you wouldn't want to tire him out, and even if we won the first game he would still be pitching on 3 days rest while going over 7 innings, which wouldn't be a good idea.

whats the deal with the indians? did they win the games after the first? im to lazy to check..i live in cleveland but i could care less for sports in most cases.

Exactly why I can't blame Lou for them losing. The offense just never got anything going, and without A-ram and Soriano producing, they had no chance. Also Lilly was off, he had been much better, coming into the playoffs.

indians are up by two games, Torre's job is on the line, that is if the Yanks don't impress steinbrenner Torre's gone. The manager is always the first to go. Hopefully Lous gonna stay.

Back