The Baseball Playoffs Thread

I'm with you on keeping Lou, he's one of my favorite managers.

Also I hate everything about the Yankees and I hope Torre gets fired because that would be a big blow to them and they would be worse off with anyone else. You know if he gets fired, he'll have a job the week after, he's a good manager, I just dislike anyone associated with the Yankees.

Haha, he is the reason I hate anyone/anything associated with the Yankees, he is an ass and he thinks that buying players = results, look at the Diamondbacks and Rockies, they have the 25th and 26th highest payrolls. D'backs little over 52 million and the Rockies a little under 54.5 million while the Yankees spent a bit over 195 million, so obviously chemistry and talent developed is better than just talent bought.

Source: http://blog.sportscolumn.com/story/2007/4/9/1367/60158

Red Sox are through!!! What a game. 8 runs in one inning put it away. And the Yankees are losing in a close one.

Updated*

Rockies/Phillies series: Rockies win series
Game 1 - Rockies 4 / Phillies 2
Game 2 - Rockies 10 / Phillies 5
Game 3 - Rockies 2 / Phillies 1

Diamondbacks/Cubs series: Diamondbacks win series
Game 1 - D'backs 3 / Cubs 1
Game 2 - D'backs 8 / Cubs 4
Game 3 - D'backs 5 / Cubs 1

Indians/Yankees series:
Game 1 - Indians 12 / Yankees 3
Game 2 - Indians 2 / Yankees 1
Game 3 - Yankees 8 / Indians 4
Game 4 - Oct 8, 2007; 7:30pm ET on TBS in New York

Red Sox/Angels series: Red Sox win series
Game 1 - Red Sox 4 / Angels 0
Game 2 - Red Sox 6 / Angels 3
Game 3 - Red Sox 9 / Angels 1

I think Torre is great. I hate to see all Yankee fans bash him. Its so disrespectful. he has done so much for this team. yes he doesnt always make the best choices but still, no reason to hate him and want him fired...As for what Geroge said, its typical of him to say that but this time i believe it. He cant fire Torre. His contract is up so they would not resign him, thats all.. I hope Torre would retire then and not go to another team.

I was at tonights game ( well since its 12am, yesterdays game). It was amazing. I was so nervous, down 3-0... But the Yanks came through. Hughes was amazing!! Offense woke up. When Damon hit that homer, the stadium went crazy, it was great... Once again, we got to focus on tomorrow and tomorrow only ( or today only)... Lets Go Yankees!

Last edited:
I agree, Torre is a great manager, but Steinbrenner is a terrible owner IMO. The people who bash Torre don't understand what it takes to manage under that idiot, he is probably the most demanding and least accepting owner in sports. If he wouldn't go and buy players such as Giambi, Damon, Abreu, and above all A-rod and maybe develop players within their organization I would have more respect for them.

the NL playoffs have been disappointing ever since the padres didn't make it. that last out was unfair in my opinion. barrett may have tripped him accidentally but he tagged him out after he smashed into the dirt.
i live in chicago and really wanted this to be the year for the cubs, but alas, another sad season and "next year" i suppose.

blueovalboy7 said:
I agree, Torre is a great manager, but Steinbrenner is a terrible owner IMO. The people who bash Torre don't understand what it takes to manage under that idiot, he is probably the most demanding and least accepting owner in sports. If he wouldn't go and buy players such as Giambi, Damon, Abreu, and above all A-rod and maybe develop players within their organization I would have more respect for them.

I agree with the way fans treat Torre. Every manager makes mistakes and Sterinbrenner isnt the easiest person to work for. If Damon is healthy hes worth it. Giambi hasnt been for the most part. If Abreu is hot, hes amazing, if hes slumping hes terrible. A-rod, hes having an amazing year. its not like hes not worth the money. But you are wrong with developing players within the Yanks organization. Hughes, Kennedy, Joba, those are the big three pitchers. Then you have Cano, Melky, Duncan for the big hitters.Then we have more coming who will grow and hopefully become better. Edwar, Versas, maybe Karstens. So the Yanks have made major improvement with the minor leaguers and getting younger...

I'm glad they have actually been developing players, but the four I named that he went out and bought, leave such a bad taste that until they're gone from the Yankees I still won't have as much respect for the team as I do the Rockies and D'backs whose payrolls are nearly 1/4 of the Yankees. Also I wasn't saying they weren't worth it or questioning their performances I was just providing examples of bought talent, and I just remembered that he went out and bought Clemens out of the retirement home, and that was by far the worst bang for his buck.

LAK said:
the NL playoffs have been disappointing ever since the padres didn't make it. that last out was unfair in my opinion. barrett may have tripped him accidentally but he tagged him out after he smashed into the dirt.
i live in chicago and really wanted this to be the year for the cubs, but alas, another sad season and "next year" i suppose.
:lol: lol, yeah i'm already looking foward to an offseason thread

blueovalboy7 said:
I'm glad they have actually been developing players, but the four I named that he went out and bought, leave such a bad taste that until they're gone from the Yankees I still won't have as much respect for the team as I do the Rockies and D'backs whose payrolls are nearly 1/4 of the Yankees. Also I wasn't saying they weren't worth it or questioning their performances I was just providing examples of bought talent, and I just remembered that he went out and bought Clemens out of the retirement home, and that was by far the worst bang for his buck.

I think it was fate that Clemens got hurt. not to be mean, but who knows if Clemens would have kept us in the game. At that point it was 2-0 and runner on 2nd or 1st.. So if he kept on pitching who knows how they would have done. Hughes was amazing. Couldnt have asked for anything better!!

Clemens needs to stay retired, and possibly commentate, I value the guy's opinion and insight on the game, but he, unfortunately is done with baseball, just doesn't have it anymore. Hughes gave up the one run, that Clemens had left on, but besides that he did pitch very well.

As for right now, the game isn't looking too good for the Yankees, down 4-1 in the 4th.

Back