The biggest disappointment in a game?

ill have to word this carefully as i dont particulary think its a bad game but it was just not my cup of tea as i dont really like RPG's. i decided i wanted another n64 game as mario kart was such fun, so i bought the neccasary points, and thought what game is it that gets the most hype from players on the net, it has to be legend of zelda, i had no idea what the game was i had never seen it or read a review (big mistake) i new within walking the first few feet in the game that i would hate it so very very much lol

i played through the big tree thing and killed the same enimies about 8 times as every time i entered a room and then left that room they came back and i goto the woods bit and since then i havnt even loaded it, oh how i wish you could take games back to the VC shop within two days of buying it because what a waste of 1000 points :cry:

also was disapoined with crash bandicoute, love the old series of games, and this one isnt rubbish but just doesnt have the eliment of fun i remeber from the old ones however i have to say its a well built game in terms or graphics visuals and different ways to use the wii mote)

Finnaly i was most dissapointed in Medal of Honour Heroes 2

i read loads of reviews on this and many threads on forums about how good this game was with tight controls and great online, so with all the hype i decided to go out and buy it right away, searched through all the shops i could get into to try to find it, and in the end had to ask someone behind the counter where was the game (could only find the psp version)

oh its not out untill february!

thats what i get for living in the uk! doh! so i was very dissapointed and still am!

to help me cheer up a little i bought super mario galaxy which i assumed i wouldnt like but heard many people rave abot, and so far i am enjoying it alot so thats completely the opposite woo!

out of like my 20 games, umm idn, i would have to say none of them lol

as long as i had a little bit of fun im' satisfied.......

(i own spiderman 3 and super monkey balll banana blitz, i like them both)

biggest disappointment? how about NOT GETTING CALL OF DUTY 4. fuk the ds. what about the wii???? our controls were DESIGNED for fps. and this is how they screw us over?

I'd have to say Pokemon Battle Revolution. It wasn't at all like the Pokemon Stadium games my friends had. Its cool to see my pokemon on the big screen and online but I want the mini-games and such.

I think the worst game I've played was Madden 08. I loved Madden 07, but 08 was just a huge disappointment. Online was way too laggy, game itself was a bit buggy, and for some odd reason I never felt comfortable with the control changeup (format for audibles, things like strip ball were placed on retarded buttons, etc).

Next up was Wii Play, but I essentially got that for free ($10 TRU discount, essentially only payed the $40 for the wiimote), so it's forgivable.

For context, here's the list of games I've played (Not all necessarily in my collection):
  • Wii Play
  • Twilight Princess
  • Madden 07
  • Madden 08
  • Mario Strikers Charged
  • Super Mario Galaxy
  • Guitar Hero III
  • Geometry Wars: Galaxies
  • Resident Evil 4
  • Trauma Center: Second Opinion
  • Rayman: Raving Rabbids
  • Wario Ware: Smooth Moves
  • Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Every game in the list that wasn't a disappointment I managed to spend more than 50 hours on (save for Metroid and RE4), so the rest of my collection I would consider huge successes.

Last edited:
redsteel was an upset to me cuz it was too easy to beat. i sold it to my friend so i got all my money back. i warned him about it cuz im a nice guy ad he said he didnt care. at least he likes it.:lol:

Mario Party 8.

Mini games really sucked.
My friend rented it however, so it was fine. I'm, going to rent games before I buy them from now on.

MOH: Vanguard is decent, but it is sooo short. Seems like the designers rushed it way too much.

Alot of the games on wii are awesome, I got a used super monkey ball bannana blitz or whatever the heck that's supposed to be. The controls suck, the story is half-assed, the game is just barely thrown together, and only about 10 of the 50 minigames are actually fun. I love super monkey ball games but this one's just plain dissapointing... :sick:

The majority of games on the wii are **** face it the novelty on the controls wears off after a certain period of time.

Zelda
Zack and Wiki
Prime 3
Resi Evil 4
Zelda
Wii Sports

All all essential the rest really are either lampe ass ports with bolted on controls or just suck in general i.e umbrella chronicles, ninjabread man, red steel , heatseeker,

Biggest Disappointment= Super Paper Mario. Never found the fun-ness in it.

I really really liked Super Paper Mario. And then I got Super Mario Galaxy. I don't think I'll ever play Super Paper Mario again.

I guess it all comes down to personal preference.

Wiily Good said:
I really really liked Super Paper Mario. And then I got Super Mario Galaxy. I don't think I'll ever play Super Paper Mario again.

I guess it all comes down to personal preference.
Personally I love both and they are both really different games and both worth playing through. (SMG is obviously better though, they put more time into it)

And another dissapointing game is Sonic and the Secret Rings, it was just too frustrating and took like an hour to beat one level.

call me crazy, but i hated zelda TP.

I also got these games as christmas presents in 06

LoZtp - hated it ;\
Tony Hawks Downhill Jam - an ok game, didnt bore me that much really
Spinter cell DA - Terrible game
Far Cry - Dont get me started
Gt Pro series - Dont get me started
Red Steel - i really liked this game, and beat it.

Games i bought later in 07

GH3 - amazing game hands down
BWII 2 - its meh atm, but it looks fun, really had no time to play it

I really want to get MOH h2 but its sold out everywhere?

Fredvdp said:
When the Wii was pretty new and didn't have a large library of games, my brother bought 'WarioWare: Smooth Moves'. A friend of mine said it was a great game ... and we believed him.

The moment my brother started playing, I was getting nervous and started yelling at the screen because the game was so bad. I felt insulted as a Nintendo customer and I will never trust the Nintendo seal of quality again.

My brother sold the game on ebay and got a fair amount of money for it.

I will never buy a Wii game that solely consists of minigames.

That wasn't too bad! I actually found myself enjoying it although I did have trouble getting the whole point of the game. I know some people think that game is just stupid and I do see why, but was it that bad?

Anyways..
I regret buying DDR...........why did I do that.....such a waste of money.. DDR was my worst game.
Other than that, Elebits / Cooking Mama / SSX / Monkey Banana Blitz(???) / Mortal Kombat.

Back