The Official Pokemon Challenge Thread - Black/White Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gyarados ain't Sinnoh-native. >_>

Not that I'd ever use one anyways. What a waste, evolvin' a 'Karp...

No, I meant new species introduced in Gen 4. S'pose I should'a elaborated more.

Oh. [Strike]Leafeon[/strike] Toxicroak then

Could someone give me a nickname for my to-be Krookodile please. I suck at nicknaming pokemon :lol:. I probably won't do it anymore.

Last edited:
I still need two more for my Black 2 Scramble/Moveset Challenge

How about

Crobat
-Cross Poison (Start move)
-U-turn (12 BP in the PWT) /X-scissor(route 7)
-Fly
-Confuse Ray

Lopunny
-Jump Kick
-Dizzy Punch
-Ice Punch (Move Tutor)
-Thunder Wave (Nimbasa City)

Toxicroak, Drifblim, 'n Gastrodon... unlikely I'd ever use 'em otherwise, so that's a good team there.

Could someone give me a nickname for my to-be Krookodile please. I suck at nicknaming pokemon :lol:. I probably won't do it anymore.

must... resist... terrible joke...

Diamond Palaeo-run (A rock monotype run, using only fossil pokemon!) UPDATE NO. 7

Two badges? Team fully evolved? Can it be true?!
-Delegate the EXP share to Randall (Lileep), I want EVERYTHING evolved for once, and continue with the actual iron island plot
-Riley and I destroy the galactic goons
-Gym time. During battles with the gym trainers, RANDALL EVOLVES, hello creepy cradily (haha he reminds me of a minecraft creeper) EXP share is now yours, Archibald (Anorith)
-Silly Byron, you had no chance against my gen one palaeozoic pals (Francisco and Wilson, the fab Kabutops and Omanyte, and not forgetting Hamilton the aerodactyl, whom I taught flamethrower)
-Woot, 6 badges b**chess. Go to the library for some plot.
-Suddenly, plot everywhere! I mosey on down to Valor lake front to check out where the earthquake came from. Whilst battling amongst the dying magikarp, fighting galactics, ARCHIE FINALLY EVOLVES. My first fossil hatched, my HM slave, and probably the pokemon who contributed the least to very much of anything... BUT now, this Armaldo has the highest attack stat on the team! SWEET.
- Blah blah team galactic, lakes lakes,
-Alright, I get to go to snow country now. Hamilton destroys every trainer in it's path with flamethrower. Gawh he is such a dragon.
-Blah blah more plot, oh hello Snowpoint city, oh hey annoying puzzle gym, oh hey Candice, OH HEY THERE SEVENTH BADGE.
-Pop back down to the start of the snowy route to get ice beam using my newly utilised rock climb. Wilson shall be unstoppable now.
-Follow the ridiculously obvious plot clues to the galactic base. Do some top class snooping around and kick some Galactic ass.
-Cyrus you absolute psychopath. I guess its high time to visit Mt cornet for the DRAMATIC CLIMAX of the game. (lies, the climax was when one of my pokemon actually evolved.)

Current team:

Archibald - Armaldo - Lvl 42
-X-Scissor
-Rock Smash
-Ancient Power
-Metal Claw

Francisco - Kabutops - Lvl 41
-Mega Drain
-Waterfall
-Dig
-Rock Climb

Augustine - Bastiodon - Lvl 42

-Strength
-Thunderbolt
-Ancient Power
-Metal Burst

Randall - Cradily - Lvl 43

-Confuse Ray
-Solar Beam
-Toxic
-Ancient Power

Hamilton - Aerodactyl - Lvl 42

-Crunch
-Flamethrower
-Stone Edge
-Fly

Wilson - Omastar - Lvl 41
-Ice Beam
-Ancient Power
-Mudshot
-Surf

WNI UPDATE
I made my way through route 4 where I caught a Sandile (which I need a nickname for). I got to Nimbasa City where I saved the Day-Care man from Team Plasma. He rewarded me with a bicycle. I then went on the Ferris Wheel with N where he confessed to being the leader of Team Plasma. When we got off he challenged me to a battle. Once I beat him, I healed and went back to route 4 and the Desert Resort to train.
I got everyone to at least level 25. Paul evolved into Boldore which I then evolved into Gigalith. Jake evolved into a Swoobat. I'm currently standing outside the gym, [strike]looking like an idiot[/strike] mentally preparing myself for battle.

TEAM UPDATE
Sandile (needs a nickname) Lv. 25
- Mud-Slap
- Torment
- Sand Tomb
- Assurance

Benji (Herdier) Lv. 25
- Work Up
- Crunch
- Take Down
- Bite

Enma (Pansage) Lv. 25
- Bite
- Leer
- Leech Seed
- Seed Bomb

Jake (Swoobat) Lv. 25
- Confusion
- Heart Stamp
- Air Cutter
- Assurance

Blaze (Pignite) Lv. 25
- Arm Thrust
- Rollout
- Ember
- Flame Charge

Paul (Gigalith) Lv. 25
- Power Gem
- Iron Defence
- Smack Down
- Headbutt

After all that [strike]laziness[/strike] mental preparation I entered the gym, battled the first trainer and ran back to the pokecentre to rid Sandile of his Paralysis.
I entered the gym again and ran back out again after the second trainer due to Sandile only having 3 HP left.
I entered the gym once more. This time I battled 2 trainers before retreating to the pokecentre.
I entered the gym for the final time to battle Elesa.
I led with Paul and as her first Emolga Volt Switched, I used Smack Down and OHKOed her second Emolga. She went into Zebstrika, who managed to KO Paul eventually. I went into Sandile and KOed it with Sand Tomb.
Her first Emolga caused a lot of trouble for me. It managed to KO Sandile, Benji, Jake and Enma. It also managed to paralyse Blaze. Eventually I KOed that stupid Emolga and got the 4th badge.

White-out count: 1

Last edited:
Nickname wise, how about chocodile, snappy or Darryl if sandile is a boy, or Delia/dalilah /mrs croc if it's a girl? Haha I don't know, just brainstorming :L

Platinum Scramble Update

Got my starter 'n caught me a Starly quick as possible, tradin' it for a Croagunk egg (like hell I'm gonna waste a week or two waitin' to find Croagunk in the Great Marsh). When it hatched, I was rather displeased t' see it only knew Astonish... lookin' at it's level up moveset, I was further disgruntled by the fact it don't learn a move superior to utter **** 'till level 8 (Poison Sting), as the next attack it got was Mud Slap. Terribly low BP, only ten PP... Croagunk sure is a miserable Poke t' start with. :lol:

After finally gettin' it to learn Poison Sting, a 30 BP move still ain't nothin' to right home about. Had t' use potions left and right... that is, 'til I obtained HM06. Fightin' STAB is broken this early in the game, none the less with that 50% chance of a Defense drop. Croagunk bein' unable to do better than a 4HKO suddenly 2HKOs anythin' not named Zubat. Which it quickly began to 2HKO once it learned Pursuit. Things were suddenly lookin' up. Thanks t' Rock Smash I figured a Lv. 14 Croagunk would be enough t' take on Roark "the Rock" (is any higher-up in Game Freak a wrestling fan... ?).

Rock Smash obliterated his Geodude in two hits, takin' pitiful damage from it's tackle in the process. Roark wasted no time, sendin' out his signature Cranidos immediately. Headbutt was just barely a 2HKO, which definitely had me worried.

... Even moreso when Croagunk flinched. ._.;

After [STRIKE]taking my loss like a man[/STRIKE] soft resetting, I made another attempt. Geodude was owned in vain as usual. This time, his Cranidos started off with Leer. Definitely not a good thing considerin' Headbutt would likely end up leavin' Croagunk with not enough HP t' take on Onix. Rock Smash hit Cranidos real hard, but not hard enough t' OHKO it. Large problem is large.

... But then Roark uses a Potion t' push his 'mon back to 2/3rds health, in the KO range of another Rock Smash. That fatal AI flaw led to Cranidos gettin' KO'd. Excellent. Out comes his wimpy Onix, who proceeds t' get hit hard (along with a Defense drop) via Rock Smash. It's Rock Throw did paltry damage despite my frog's lowered defense, allowin' me to quickly nab the KO and win the battle. Coal Badge get!

Made my way t' Floaroma and it's fantastic theme, mopping the floor with the Grunts who were ruinin' the mood. Mars wasn't much trouble, despite Purugly bein' pretty damn dangerous for this point in the game... is what I'd say if her **** of a cat didn't get a crit. ._____. First a flinch from Headbutt, now this? I ain't havin' good luck at the moment... the next match went as predicted though; Rock Smash, Super Potion, Rock Smash. Easy win without bloody critical hits ruinin' everythin'.

Wanted t' keep on playin', but I've mind to wait 'til Friday for my Drifloon. Won't be catchin' a Shellos here neither since West Shellos is pink. donotwant.jpeg

Croagunk, Lv. 19
Adamant
Dry Skin

Faint Attack
Mud-Slap
Poison Sting
Rock Smash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back