The Official Pokemon Challenge Thread - Black/White Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough.

I just dropped my DS and I think it broke so my Sapphire challenge is postponed until I can get something to play it on. Gravity's a *****. Luckily I still have my 3DS so I can still do my white challenge

Last edited:
The Joey Challenge - Silver Un-evolved, Single run using only a Rattata Update No. 2

Well, am quite sick at the moment, so perfect for pokemon!

Read on to witness the MIGHTY MORTY MURDERED MALICIOUSLY by a MERE MOUSE
(plus getting up to my 7th badge, I just wanted to use some sweet alliteration)

-Battle my way up to GoldenRod. I want to be at least level 30 before i fight whitney. Train in the underground, give Athena a FABULOUS haircut.
-Make my way up to the national park, GET DIG. Yessss, I have a feeling I will be using this move for the rest of the game.
-After beating all trainers in a 5 mile radius, plus some grass grinding, I am ready to take on Whitney at a safe level 30. (P.S, learned pursuit)
-Pffftttt that was a breeze. Everything was killed in one hit by hyper fang bar Miltank. Used Dig for miltank, which broke any accumulating rollout power. PLAIN BADGE GET.
-Squirt a wiggly tree, defeat a Sudowoodo, make it to Ecruteak. Since my egg hatched (taught that togepi rock smash) I head back home, having an EPIC rematch with youngster joey along the way. Get an everstone from elm. THANK GOD. I was definitely going to accidentally let Athena evolve.
-Back to Ecruteak. Take on and destroy the Kimono girls. head over to the burned tower, where I smash my rival (whom I named Cat) Do some grinding and reach level 35.
-Gym time. COME AT ME SPOOKY BRO. Use pursuit to knock off all the gym trainers ghastlys. But hey, guess what Gengar. You don't know levitate yet! COMPLETE DIG MURDER (actually, his Gengar was left on 1 hp and used hypnosis, but it missed! Woop!)
- Instead of heading south to Olivine, I stroll along to Mahogany town and explore lake of rage, training all the while (being over leveled is the only thing keeping this run going). I don't touch the red Gyarados yet, still too strong :L
-Time to visit Olivine. Lighthouse woop. Decide that Athena and I are such bros that the time has come to teach her return, what will be her best STAB move.
-Surf and battle my way to Cianwood. Oh Totodile, you are wasted on being a HM slave. Am level FORTY FIVE by the time I take on the gym (for which I am terrified D:)
- Speedy little Athena ploughs her way through the fighting gym with Return. Chuck's last pokemon, Poliwrath unfortunately is not 1HKO'd. I am terrified. But, like Deja'vu it uses hypnosis, and misses! FIFTH BADGE GET.
-Right, I am really apprehensive about taking on Jasmine so I go back to Mahogany to team up with Lance (oh so scared about fighting him in the future) to tackle the rocket plot. Am level freaking fifty by the end of it!
-Nyce to meet you Pryce. TOTAL GYM OWNAGE. I love you little mouse :3
-Time to face my fears, Jasmine girl, Imma coming for you. Magnemites are pretty easy to KO with dig. However that Steelix is problematic. Dig does about 1/3 damage, less even , and poor Athena only survives (JUST) because Iron tail keeps missing! That was really close.
-Still can't believe that I haven't whited out yet. A certain amount of luck has been involved, but it is mostly down to being overleveled! Its gonna start to get tough now, what with Clair coming up and ... Sob, the elite four!
- Any advice on move-sets, and anything else really will be warmly welcomed :)

Rattata's current condition

Athena - Rattata - lvl 51
-Return
-Super Fang
-Pursuit
-Dig

Jesus, 7 badges in one sittin'? 'Karp almighty. :lol:

PLAIN BADGE GET

FWEJHNCFIIDHRIBHQAEFNHWIH COPYRIGHT!! YOU STOLE MY PHRASE WITHOUT PERMISSION! D:<

I just dropped my DS and I think it broke

That's the second time a Challenger had that happen to 'em... sorry t' hear that, bro. =/

WNI UPDATE

I went through Chargestone Cave and battled a lot of Plasma Grunts. I beat them all easily.
I got to Mistralton City and followed Skyla to the top of Celestial Tower. Once Skyla left, I ran back to Mistralton as fast as I could. I healed and went to battle the gym. When I got to Skyla, Paul had only taken a tiny bit of damage so I decided not to retreat to the pokecentre to heal. I beat Skyla really easily due to Paul being so over leveled (I used her and only her from my battle with Bianca to the battle with Skyla)
:trollface: JET BADGE GET!

I made my way through Twist Mountain eventually and got to Iccirus City. I healed and battled the gym. I got through the puzzle quite easily, but by the time I got to Brycen, all my pokemon only had a tiny amount of HP left. So I went to the pokecentre to heal. I went through the gym again and began the battle with Brycen. I beat his Vanillish easily with Paul. His Beartic was much more difficult to beat. It started KOing all of my pokemon and I was acually expecting to lose the battle. Somehow I managed to beat Beartic with only Enma left. This left Cryogonal. I beat it easily and got my 7th badge.

My DS still works! YAY!
Unfortunately the right hinge is broken so badly that I can literally move the right side of the top screen back so far that it creates about a 30º angle at the left hinge. :(

Last edited:
The Joey Challenge - Silver, Unevolved, Single run using only a Rattata -Update No. 3

Jesus, 7 badges in one sittin'? 'Karp almighty. :lol:

Well really it was five badges, I got the other two the day before! However, after I wrote the post I did tackle team rocket and get my 8th badge. Haha I am sick at the moment, so it's just perfect for playing pokemon! :D Also, the Johto storyline is one of my all time favourites :)

FWEJHNCFIIDHRIBHQAEFNHWIH COPYRIGHT!! YOU STOLE MY PHRASE WITHOUT PERMISSION! D:<

qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnm AHHHGH! Terribly sorry, I didn't realise that it was your thing :L It won't happen again =P

Anyway, here is my third update...

ROCKETS RAVAGED by RENEGADE RAT
(Plus acquiring my eighth badge and making it to the indigo plateau!)

-Well now, I believe it's time to take on some rockets. I Fly to goldenrod and infiltrate the radio tower. The rocket takeover theme music is my favourite pokemon music EVER. (SO MUCH NOSTALGIA AGH)
-The grunts are fairly easy, however the executives can be annoying. One of the executive's Weezing used EXPLOSION leaving Athena with THREE BLOODY HP! I nearly had a heart attack.
-Its annoying how I have to keep leaving the plot to visit a pokemon centre to replenish my HP but eventually, team rocket is destroyed, allowing Athena to level up quite alot. (there were a few more close calls along the way with the executives!)
-Get the silver wing and bop on over to the whirl islands to face lugia. Killed it in two hits. Gave some nice EXP and was a nice indicator for how my little mouse will handle pokemon of that level in the league.
-I fly back to Mahogany, and zip through Ice cave and make it to Blackthorn. (I know the ice puzzles so well at this stage.)
-Grind some more back in ice cave until Athena is a whopping Level 60! Final Gym time! :O
-The Dragon trainers laughed at my rat. I laughed at their corpses. Return just ploughs through everything.
-WOOP WOOP 8 badges (well I had to go to the dragon cave before Clair could actually bear to give the badge to me) And now, the moment I have been dreading approaches, THE ELITE FOUR.
- I battle all the trainers on my way to victory road, leveling up like a boss. The Johto Victory road it's self is pretty straight forward, which I love. Meat my rival at the end, complete ownage on my part. After some more grinding, Athena reaches level 66. She cant 1HKO Onixes anymore which scares me. I have accumulated four rare candies on my travels so far, so i give them all to her now, so that she is a terrifying level 71, with an attack of 131, defense of 106, special attack of 90, special defense of 104 and a whopping top speed of 161. COME GET IT LEAGUE

Athena - Rattata - lvl 71
-Return
-Super Fang
-Shadow Ball
-Dig

Last edited:
The Joey Challenge - Silver, Unevolved, Single run using only a Rattata -Update No. 4

photo-1.JPG

LOOK! I DID IT! My meagre mouse masticated the mighty elite four, who are elite no more! And no white outs! (though there were some very close calls :S)
-At the Indigo Plateau, I stored my numerous HM slaves and made sure I was well stocked on elixirs and full restores before I made the slow walk into the first battle chamber.
-Elite Four Will is first up. Athena be shadow ballin' all over the place, which KOs everything except for his Slowbro, but he just uses Amnesia so my little rat comes in for the final blow on the next move. FIRST ONE DOWN, AND NOT ONE HP IS LOST. :)
-Koga is up next. Before battle I equip Athena with a psncure berry just in case. Everything is dealt with fairly easily with dig and return. However, his Forteress kept using protect every time I digged. I used super fang to half it's HP ,and dug again, only for Forteress to use EXPLOSION! I was so so lucky to be underground. Also, my move isn't wasted, as dig is then directed towards Muk who was sent in next. It doesn't KO him, but it might as well have as I speedily jump in with a return to finish the blob off on the next move. TWO DOWN.
-Come at me BRunO! This is the elite I am most terrified for. I equip Athena with a berry before delving in. Return decimates most of his mon's. Got a scare when Hitmonchan used mach punch, but it barely did a quarters worth of damage. His last mon', Onix is the one who is truly scaring me. My mouse couldn't KO the things in Victory road, and they were only around level 30. I use Super fang to insure that he loses at least Half HP. He uses sandstorm so not to bad. I use dig... and Onix uses EARTHQUAKE! Oh no :O I hadn't healed athena from that mach punch earlier.. but the little mouse pulls through and is left with a few HP... Thank goodness! She also heals a bit with that berry. She bursts from the earth with a mighty dig, KOing that stupid rock snake. YAY!
-Karen, the final of the four. I equip Athena with a bitter berry (gets rid of confusion) which was SUCH a good call, as when I battle Umbreon, I don't KO it, and as expected, it uses Confuse ray. But lol, the berry takes care of that and I finish off the Fennecs fox of darkness. The rest of the team is a breeze, though I did get a scare with Gengar, because when I used dig, it used DESTINY BOND which would have been bye bye for Athena. But hey, no worries as dig KOs it. Woop Woop, all the elite four have been beaten, now for...
-LANCE :( I use an elixir, heal up and equip Athena with a berry for the final battle. She is level 72 at this stage, almost 73. As soon as I begin the battle, I realise that I should have used a parlyzcure berry instead, I forgot that his Dragonites use thunderwave, and my return doesn't KO them! I manage to heal paralysis (and a substantial loss of HP ) after defeating a Dragonite and a Gyarados, while his Aerodactyl recharges from a hyper beam. Athena ha leveled up by now. Luckily his second Dragonite's thunder wave misses, and soon enough I am facing his last, level 50, Dragonite. (Athena is not on full HP! :S) I use return, which gets rid of most of the dragon's HP. He used OUTRAGE, which almost kills me! I take the chance, and use one more return ... and it's aim is true! Dragonite faints! The elite four and it's champion have been defeated by a Rattata! :D
-Right, all that I have left to do is to take down the Kanto gym leaders :)

Athena - Rattata - lvl 73
-Return
-Super Fang
-Shadow Ball
-Dig

Alright guys! It's been awhile, but I'm ready for another challenge.How about a monotype Ground scramble with a team of 6?

Last edited:
What game will ya be playin' the Challenge on, good sir?

:trollface: JET BADGE GET!

[video=youtube;22YWYAtcyEA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22YWYAtcyEA[/video]

qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnm AHHHGH! Terribly sorry, I didn't realise that it was your thing :L It won't happen again =P

Apologies won't cut it, I'm fining you
Pok%C3%A9monDollar.png

Alright guys! It's been awhile, but I'm ready for another challenge.How about a monotype Ground scramble with a team of 6?

Right on, Challenge Accepted! I'll give ya Golem and Gastrodon. Enjoy the Challenge, bro.

.....ooooooh Claydol....... *sigh*
Thanks guys!
May I get some eggs please Splash_King? For a Shellos, Geodude, Gible, Nidoran M, and Baltoy? Should I also get one for Swinub, or should I just catch it in the late game?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back