The Official Pokemon Challenge Thread - Black/White Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there, I'm playing on doing the Unevolved and Monotype challenge on my old Pokemon Emerald. I was thinking poison.

Welcome t' the forums, Niko. =) Your Challenge is accepted. That's a damn-good Challenge considerin' not-fully-evolved Poison-types are pretty weak, so you're off t' a good start bro. :lol: Good luck amigo.

Its going to be just single/nuzlocke lillipup. I will be evolving it aswell. eventually i'll probably do a single/unevolved/nuzlocke axew cuz i love that pokemon, maybe after i beat my nuzlocke challenge on white(lost my lvl 53 emboar and it just became real tough lol) i'll update often

Right on, Challenge Accepted. I take it you're a veteran at Challenges? I expect t' see ya in the Nuzlocke Hall of Fame soon. =)

'Specially lookin' forward to seein' ya tackle that there Axew Nuzlocke. That one's a doozy.

Alright regular nuzlocke challenge is done and im ready to tackle my single/unevolved/nuzlocke axew challenge. how do i go about acquiring one of these beasties at lvl 1?

testing lul
EDIT: so thats how those thing work lol never have been much of a poster

You can get it as an egg from Splash_King if you want. Or you could get the egg yourself in another game and trade it to the game your challenge is on. Make sure you trade it to your challenge game as an egg though.

alright im a bit unfamiliar with the egg system and have no idea where to start for that, so I'll try to get in contact with splash_king

EDIT: do i need to get the c-gear to trade? because thats after the first gym.

Last edited:
Send him a PM. He'll explain it to you. And yes you do need the c-gear.

EDIT: sorry. I just realised I made a mistake. You only need the c-gear if you're trading with yourself. However you still won't be able to trade until after the first gym.

Last edited:
Alright time for an update on my single/nuzlocke lillipup challenge.

Starting off easy enough purrlions are free exp for my lillipup(stab is op early) the first gym leader did not last long. Potion once and he used 4 work ups and easily cleaned up. Trio badge secured i move on with cut and my new hm slave pansear! get through to nacrene city wiping trainers up and i get herdier as i beat cheren on route 3. after we save the girl's pokemon i catch a new slave pidove! farm a little bit to 24 and fight gym 2, after 2 takedowns from her herdier it fell easily to my tackle. immediately heal up and get smacked with a strong retaliate, re-heal and get put to sleep. restore that and then get a lucky crit take down and 1 shot her watchog. basic badge secured i move on through pinwheel forest crushing everything in my path with 1 hit tackles until i get the skull. After that i meet with burgh and beat his first 2 pokemon with no trouble, then i go to take down his final and it gets a crit hit razor leaf. Recovering from the mini heart attack i live with 1 hp, and luckily crit tackle and killed it and ended the battle. Insect badge acquired i head towards route 4 where i meet my worst enemy SCRAGGY he just swaggers and is just generally annoying. so i decide catch it so i can perma box it. Then i get a cover fossil for surf and waterfall. Now Im at Elesa and by this point i have a lvl 36 Stoutland. being 9 lvls higher then all her pokemon i 1 shot each and only take recoil dmg. Now i am getting ready to meet clay and getting a few new TM's to teach to my Stoutland.

Current Set up
Stoutland: Level 36
Takedown Tackle
Crunch Bite
Held item: BlackGlasses(offhand item Amulet Coin)

Last edited:
The Joey Challenge - Silver, Unevolved, Single run using only a Rattata - FINISHED

It's done! I completed pokemon Silver, with no white outs, using just a Rattata!
I was quite busy for the past few days so only got round to exploring Kanto today.
-Got the boat to Vermillion, and stepped onto the shores of Kanto, full of confidence, and overjoyed by the nostalgia.
-Walked straight over to the gym, took it on, acquired the Thunder badge.
-I'm in the mood for a complete Kanto sweep, so I head up to saffron and show that silly Sabrina and her psychics who's boss. Hello there marshbadge.
-Take a stroll over to Celadon, pass the old pedo dude, enter the gym and leave with a shiny new rainbow badge.
-Go up to Cerulean, but I had forgotten about the whole power plant plot thing so I fly back to Celadon and take cycling road down to Fuchsia. I NEED MORE BADGES NOW.
-Enter the gym. Annoyingly I find the real Janine by accident pretty quickly, so I don't get to battle all the gym trainers. ALL THAT EXP WASTED :(
-Anyway, I kick her ninja ass and walk away with a soul badge.
-I make my way up to lavender town, battling all the trainers and leveling up like a boss.
-Lavender town is still as creepy as hell, what with the underlying creepy theme hidden in the jovial new music, and the fact that they destroyed the sacred resting ground of pokemon to build the new radio tower. I get my ass right outta there and head through rock path.
-I suppose the power plant plot must be done sooner or later, so I head back to cerulean, battle the rocket dude and find the machine part. Oh yes, I also smash misty, obtaining the Cascade badge.
-Begrudgingly, I fly back to creepy lavender once the machine part has been returned to get the radio card. Then its back to vermillion to clear that Snorlax from outside Diglett cave.
-Pass through Diglett cave and arrive in pewter city. Well hello there Brock. AGH it wasn't as easy as I had thought! His first pokemon was a graveler who used earthquake whilst I was digging, reducing my HP substantially. Then, I couldn't KO his Omastar, who used surf lowering my HP to near red. The rest of his team was ok, but It did bring me back to earth a bit. I have gotten this far without whiting out, I do not want to die now. Anyway, with my new boulder badge, it was time to move on.
-I meander down through Viridian and pallet (oh hey Red's mum! I totally play Red's N64) and surf over to the town formally known as cinnibar. i seek out Blaine and we battle within his cave gym. I win of course, getting the volcano badge.

-This is it, the final battle, Vs Blue in viridian. And by golly, it was the toughest battle yet! I was level 85 before hand and brimming with confidence. This confidence was shattered soon enough. First pokemon, Pidgeot was ok, taken out by return but I had forgotten ho high leveled this guys pokemon were. Next up, Rhydon. and oh my god what a pain it was. I used dig, it used EARTHQUAKE reducing my HP to a terrifying 1/4 of its original amount. Then the sneaky bastard switches in to Gyarados so of course my dig was for nothing. I use return to see if I can KO the beast BUT IT SURVIVES WITH LIKE 1 HP and uses HYDRO PUMP. Well, I thought that was it. My first white out of the game, and how fitting that it would be in my last battle. But lo and behold, Athena Clings on to life with FOUR HP REMAINING!!!!! YOU BEAUTIFUL RAT, YOU. We both use full restores and this time my Return kills the beast in one hit. He sends out the nasty Rhydon again and I take care to avoid using dig. I use Super fang for that certain halving of it's HP. It uses fury attack, thank goodness which barely does anything. I use Shadow ball, which STILL doesn't kill him, leaving him with around 1/4 HP. He uses Earthquake which despite me not being underground, still does substantial damage. Another shadow ball and that pesky rhino is down. Next up is Exeggutor. One shadow ball and he is on red HP. Luckily he only uses solar beam, so while he charges I come in again with another S.Ball to seal the deal. Alakazam luckily IS KO'd by a return. Last Pokemon, Arcanine! I use dig, which unfortunately doesn't quite kill him. He lands a flame thrower which brings me down to Red HP! This is getting intense. He full restores and I Use return, almost killing him. I risk one more return, if this misses I am dead... But Athena pulls through, defeating Arcanine and beating Blue! Hooray! CHALLENGE COMPLETE. I LOVE RATTATA.

CONCLUSIONS
I actually had a lot of fun with this challenge. There was something awesome about beating trainers with teams of fully evolved, badass looking pokemon with just a rat (Lance, I'm looking at you). I think the fact that I played it on silver made the challenge just that more doable for several reasons. First of all, the Johto plot it's self. The fact that you visit two regions gave it a good pace, so whilst the trainers and gyms never leveled up too quickly, you could over level quite effectively, without being vurnerable to gyms and tough trainers. This also meant that you didn't really battle fully evolved pokemon to much later in the game when rattata was round 20 to 30 levels above the average pokemon. Small things also made a difference, such as the lack of abilities. I would definitely have died if Ghastlys and Koffings had levitate (there were so so many of them, especially due to rockets) Also abilities like static and sturdy would have been crippling. All in all I had an awesome time. I had never used a rattata (Or ratticate) properly, and I have fallen in love. Athena is definitely in the top percentage of ratattas, and I will take on the league again and battle red though I will need to be level 100 for it.

NEW CHALLENGE

Hey, so next I would like to do a Monotype Scramble on Sapphire using only Water types. I checked, and there are a whopping 21 water type evolutionary lines in this game so I would only like to use pokemon that you can catch in-game, no eggs.
PS. I don't mind if you can only catch some of the 'mons late in the game.
PPS. I will not be annoyed if someone gives me Swampert ;)
[strike]PPPS. Kyogre wouldn't go amiss [/strike]

Oh yes, Six pokemon :) I'm not doing this unevolved, so I assume that I can evolve those guys, right? :L Anyway cheers, I haven't used those two properly before!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back