The Official Pokemon Ingame Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know, as I don't know what it is. I only hang around here, so I don't know what and what doesn't count.

Hmmm... I wonder how many people would be inclined to play against a hacked Pokemon team

Last edited:
heyy :)
thought I'd give you a wee update on Silver seeing as how Ruby's goin a bit slow and i had a question to ask anywayss... Are in game trades okayy?? like trading a drowzee for the machop in glodenrod?

Now for the game update xD

Play time, 6:22
Badges; 5

Pokemon;
Ampharos lvl 32
Thunderpunch
Thundershock
Tackle
Thunderwave

Maganium lvl 32
Razor Leaf
Body Slam
Cut
Synthesis

Noctowl lvl 41
Fly
Take Down
Hypnosis
Confusion

Kingler lvl 30
Surf
Stomp
Bubble
Guillotine

Machop lvl 12
(I'm just using this for strength just now, but I'll train it if in game trades are allowed)

I don't think that's too bad considering I'm about to beat the 7th leader and I've not only never completed this game >.< but not played it in yearsss lol

Is it ok if I do a speed run on emerald and stop doing my unevolved challenge which I'll do next time.

EDit: Just beat the Roxanne in under half an hour, i'm also adding the single pokemon challenge on since I only plan on using Mudkip and i'll have a Zigzagoon as HM slave.

Lucas: Time - 0:27

Pokemon:
Mudkip
level - 15
moves - Tackle, Water gun, Mud-slap & Rock Tomb(taught through TM for flying types)

I hope the 2nd gym won't prove very difficult since i'll have a marshtomp then but you know fighting types...there a pain in the ass!

Last edited:
Elmo =];1004045 said:
heyy :)
thought I'd give you a wee update on Silver seeing as how Ruby's goin a bit slow and i had a question to ask anywayss... Are in game trades okayy?? like trading a drowzee for the machop in glodenrod?

Now for the game update xD

Play time, 6:22
Badges; 5

Pokemon;
Ampharos lvl 32
Thunderpunch
Thundershock
Tackle
Thunderwave

Maganium lvl 32
Razor Leaf
Body Slam
Cut
Synthesis

Noctowl lvl 41
Fly
Take Down
Hypnosis
Confusion

Kingler lvl 30
Surf
Stomp
Bubble
Guillotine

Machop lvl 12
(I'm just using this for strength just now, but I'll train it if in game trades are allowed)

I don't think that's too bad considering I'm about to beat the 7th leader and I've not only never completed this game >.< but not played it in yearsss lol

In-game trades? Yeah, for the speed challenge, they're fine. I'm pretty sure you can get a Drowzee in the wild, in the route below Goldenrod, though. >.>;

Is it ok if I do a speed run on emerald and stop doing my unevolved challenge which I'll do next time.

What's wrong Fraz, can't do it? :p Hahah, kidding. It's sort of disappointing, but you're free to end or temporarily pause your speed runs. So yes, speed run approved.

Well I have made up fro it =D after frustratingly fighting Brawly over and over due to criticals and missing I have beaten him and still under 1 hour! I have succesly delivered!

Lucas
Time - 0:58

pokemon
Marshtomp:
Level - 21
Moves:
Tackle
Water Gun
Rock Tomb
Mud Shot

HM SLAVE(Zigzagoon)
level - 3
Moves:
Tackle
Growl
cut

FLY SLAVE(Zubat)
Level - 9
Moves:
Leech life
Supersonic
will know Fly when I get it:smilewinkgrin:

Pretty impressive for a 1st time speed run yeah? Oh and i'm also planning a Mother 3 speed run after this pokemon one.

edit: Just incase anyone was interested in seeing a Mother 3 video:thumbsup:

:/ okayy the fact that I'm a stickler for training definitely didn't help my time lol but here's my game info after beating the league...

Time: 7:57

Pokemon:

Ampharos lvl 60

Meganium lvl 52

Noctowl lvl 47

Machoke lvl 41

Kingler lvl 41

Gyrados lvl 30

:/ Now, to take on Kanto XD

... ... ... What? My time was beaten again, by 2 minutes??? DX! Geez, I suck at speed runs... the first two speed runs to show up, you and Real-o, beat me. -.-; That's what I get for detours...

lmao you don't suck at speed runs lmao I just got lucky lol
xD
I'm so glad there weren't many caves cause I get lost going through them so often that it's not even funny D:
lol Kanto is going to take me foreverrssss btw
Never played through Kanto or whatevs in Silver o: D: lol
Aw well xD

Psudo Speed run of plat...
I say psudo, as im not going to push AS HARD, but rather hit as far as I can, in real world time

My challenge may not be a speed run, but I'm not even trying to go fast, really. I'm just trying to enjoy Platinum as much as possible. And yes, my mono type-single-unevolved challenge has started! Scyther is doing quite well. If I remember right, here's my status.

3 Badges, shiny and new. :D The new gym additions are interesting, especially Gym 3. Fantina was incredibly weak, though... Currently saved in Solaceon. I decided to check out the wi-fi plaza, and as I expected, there's literally noone around. Nothing too spectacular, the questions is, though - will the minigames be any fun?

Oh... I'm getting off topic, sorry. Anyways, Scyther's a steady lv. 36. With Technician, Adamant, and some good moves like Wing Attack and X-Scissor, he's decimating the competition. My rival didn't stand a chance. :p Let me tell you though, Roark was rough. His Geodude OHKO'D Scyther with a CRITICAL HIT 4x effective STAB Rock Throw. Next time around he didn't OHKO though, got me low of HP though. So, I decided to swap Chimchar when Roark switched to Onix. Two potions after a screech and Rock Throw, and Scyther's ready to go.

I got lucky Onix didn't use Stealth Rock early on, because he did when Scyther finally came in... So I 2HKO'd him with Brick Break (bred it onto him! :D), and managed to OHKO Cranidos. Didn't need to power level either, he was only lv. 16. Gardenia and the aforementioned Fantina were murdered ofcourse, lol. Technician + Wing Attack + STAB = 135 BP. :D

Anyways, taking a small break.

lol okayyy I've finally finished xD
Play Time: 10:07 >.<
lol not the best but awk well
lmao Same pokemon as before although Ampharos wound up about level 70 :|
XD
Not going to bore you with all that detaillllssssss :)

I just fought the easiest "use mudkip and evolved forms only in a speed run" gym leader ever! I't took me 5 minutes to beat him all I did was spam Mud shot ok stats right now.

Lucas:
Time - 1:24
Registered item - Mach bike

PKMN:
Marshtomp
Lvl - 28
Moves
Tackle
Water gun
Rock tomb
Mud shot

HM SLAVE(zigzagoon
lvl - 11(>_< damn double battles)
Moves
Tackle
Growl
Cut
Tail whip

Fly slave(Zubat for flying =P)
Lvl - 11(again, damn double battles since HM SLAVE died)
Moves
leech life
supersonic
Astonish

I'm doing this pretty quick

Good news, everyone! :D I beat Platinum, and easily at that. That Victory Road is the second easiest of all time (GSC being the easiest... rofl). The E4 was simply rampaged over. Aaron was easy, Wing Attack OHKOing all of his pokes. I had to 2HKO a lot of Bertha's pokes, but I got lucky when her Hippowdon's Stone Edge missed; otherwise I'd waste a Revive.

Flint was just as easy as Aaron, although his Steelix wasn't 2HKO'd. Fire Fang didn't do much damage, though. Lucian was also easy as hell, OHKO'd everything. And finally, Cynthia. Obviously she was the most troublesome. I OHKO'd everything but her Spiritomb, which was 2HKO'd. Had to switch out when I got low on HP though, but still no problem. 2 fodders and a Hyper Potion, and I'm back to OHKOing everything.

So yeah, I finally beat the game. Scyther's an outstanding lv. 83 when it saved, although he's lv. 84 now. I beat a mono-type, single, unevolved challenge in a pokemon game I've never played before (sort of). Beat that. :p

Playtime: 16:33 (ya I know, slow. T'was watching TV, eating, Wiichating, etc. while playing most the time. :p who cares about speed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back