the ps3 40 gig is garbage

T3kNi9e said:
Im talking about Blu-ray DL. Also im suprised Uncharted took up that much for such an average game.

oh well in that case we might see sony releasing something like LIVE's rental center on ps3 only for blu-ray but it might be awhile

T3kNi9e said:
Even though PS3 games use Blu-ray format, no game has yet come close to filling it.most developers use the xbox as their lead developing console, there-fore holding the PS3 back from full potential It costs too much money to fill it up right now. In the future when graphics are more complex it will fill easier. Even if they did fill it, who cares? All Xbox has to do is make the game with more than 1 disk (Lost Odyssey uses 4 disk's). All 360 users will have to do is install it into their HD and be done. As a DVD player, I dont waste $25-$30 on HD movies. Its a waste of money. not if you have an HDTV, personally i think blu-ray makes all the differenceSo far 90% or maybe even 95% of people still use normal DVD's over HD movies.because it's expensive to buy a player and most people do not own HDTVs we will see an increase next year when analog TVs will be outdated and unable to watch simple television (everything goes digital feb. '09)

Free online is great dont get me wrong, but Live is still better. Besides, even a poor man can afford to pay $4 a month. But even then, its actually only $3.85 a month. Seriously ANYONE can afford that. People waste more than that on damn fast food restaurants that are killing their health.cant argue with this, i work at mcdonalds and let me tell you, the orders i see people make are truely disgusting. anyways, live is better but PSN is basically a live clone, making it very, VERY good for $0 a month

Home, this has the possibility of being cool, but seriously I didnt buy a console for this.others will, it was a selling point for me, along with blu-ray. i wasnt so worried about games when i bought my PS3 cause i had a 360 already. but PS3 has sone truely good games already.

Game Downloads, PS3 barely has anything compared to XBLsince i dont hav ea credit crard, i really havent cared enough about this to even look at the online store, except for game demos, but i can tell you it's got PS1 games to download and until recently, xbox couldnt do that (they have xbox originals now, but only a few) as far as other games go, xbl arcade is huge, i cant imagine ps3 is anywhere near the size

Motion Sensors, wow... This is like a rip off of Wii's motion sensor but pathetic.it's actually very good Its barely used and its usually involves you shaking the damn remote.tons of wii games make you shake the remote Also I read that the reason why PS3 lacks rumble is because it could damage the Six Axis. I choose rumble over this trash anyday.DualShock3 anybody?

Now before you criticize me. I do have a PS3... I like my PS3, but the fact is its lacking. Just like my Wii is lacking so does PS3. PS3 will get better games this year, but thats it. It still wont fix the rest of PS3's short comings. Nothing wrong with buying a PS3 but dont make it seem like its God Almighty because its not.
actually it is. jk, but PS3 reall doesnt ahve many short comings besides rumble feature being taken out, wich has been fixed with a new controller, and yeah sixaxis isnt very good and its not used very well but it's still good motion sensing tech. cant deny that. one good way i foudn they used it was in uncharted, it catches you offguard when your walking on a log and all the sudden you have to balance. thought it was good usage.

T3kNi9e said:
Im talking about Blu-ray DL. Also im suprised Uncharted took up that much for such an average game.

uncharted is easily one of the best games i have ever had the pleasure of playing. i VERY RARELY beat a game but i played this one through without any long breaks in between, i usually take a week or two off froma games story mode. im an online gamer.

recent games ive completed include Uncharted, COD4, Resi4 Wii edition, uhh... oya halo 3, and i think thats probably it for the entire last year. lol, i own bioshock and its great but ive kinda quit playing it im not even half way through it. lol

T3kNi9e said:
Even though PS3 games use Blu-ray format, no game has yet come close to filling it. It costs too much money to fill it up right now. In the future when graphics are more complex it will fill easier. Even if they did fill it, who cares? All Xbox has to do is make the game with more than 1 disk (Lost Odyssey uses 4 disk's). All 360 users will have to do is install it into their HD and be done. As a DVD player, I dont waste $25-$30 on HD movies. Its a waste of money. So far 90% or maybe even 95% of people still use normal DVD's over HD movies.

Free online is great dont get me wrong, but Live is still better. Besides, even a poor man can afford to pay $4 a month. But even then, its actually only $3.85 a month. Seriously ANYONE can afford that. People waste more than that on damn fast food restaurants that are killing their health.

Home, this has the possibility of being cool, but seriously I didnt buy a console for this.

Game Downloads, PS3 barely has anything compared to XBL

Motion Sensors, wow... This is like a rip off of Wii's motion sensor but pathetic. Its barely used and its usually involves you shaking the damn remote. Also I read that the reason why PS3 lacks rumble is because it could damage the Six Axis. I choose rumble over this trash anyday.

Now before you criticize me. I do have a PS3... I like my PS3, but the fact is its lacking. Just like my Wii is lacking so does PS3. PS3 will get better games this year, but thats it. It still wont fix the rest of PS3's short comings. Nothing wrong with buying a PS3 but dont make it seem like its God Almighty because its not.

Do you own Warhawk?? From what I've heard, the motion sensing for that game is pretty well incorporated. Still, rumble isn't necessary in a controller.

And I'm not trying to make it seem the best, because no console is perfect by far. The thread starter ignorantly stated that the PS3 is garbage when it is far from. He said it had nothing to offer which is off by a long shot. I agree there are problems with it as there is with the 360.

manufan15 said:
Do you own Warhawk?? From what I've heard, the motion sensing for that game is pretty well incorporated. Still, rumble isn't necessary in a controller.

And I'm not trying to make it seem the best, because no console is perfect by far. The thread starter ignorantly stated that the PS3 is garbage when it is far from. He said it had nothing to offer which is off by a long shot. I agree there are problems with it as there is with the 360.

Yeah I hear WarHawk is pretty good and uses motion sensors. But im not saying its completely worthless. Just that only a few games actually use it, and very few use it good. I would have wanted Rumble over Six Axis. Though I know they are going to add rumble on future controllers, or soon. I heard that somewhere.

Im just saying PS3 is not some godlike perfect console. Like all consoles it has its ups and downs. Its certainly not trash, but its certainly not a Diamond.

only game i wish i could play again was Resident Evil 4 i never had it for PS2 but i did for wii when i still had wii. great game.

The 40GB does have backwards compatibility with the PS One. If you want PS2 compatibility, get a 80GB instead.

I'm sick of all this anti-PS3 bullshit, especially that arising from EBGames/Gamestop.

For PS3...nobody really cares about BC....the only reason why they bought a PS3 is so they can play PS3 games and go online...other than that....there would be no other reason

Im speaking for the majority...

is it just me or does anyone notice that the ps3 is just a ps2,psp,and blue ray together......just saying sony fans!

miiwiiwii said:
is it just me or does anyone notice that the ps3 is just a ps2,psp,and blue ray together......just saying sony fans!

Nope...i think your the only one that noticed that....

Hopefully no one will flame you..I WONT....but i will say that you are entitled to your opinions, even if they are OFF-THE-WALL COMMENTS!

Back