Thought long and hard and decided not to get a Wii.

I am going for the PSwii60 :lol:

\/ \/ Siggy :D PS3 preordered, selling it to a friend though

slurba said:
Well... the Wii really interested me, but now that I see the only kinds of games I like are action/FPS/RPG, and considering it's $250, I don't really want it anymore...

Assassin's Creed and Dark Messiah for the PC are simply too tempting...:sad:

Unless of course, I wait and see it has more games I would like other than Red Steel and Metroid.

Please try to persuade me to think about the Wii again.
Do you really need convincing? Seriously, what's so great about the other systems? I say this and I own an Xbox, PS2 and plan on buying an Xbox 360, PS3 (someday in the very distant future), a gaming PC (or just a better laptop to play Half-life 2), and a DS (again, when I have the money). I'm just telling you this so you don't get the impression that I'm a Nintendo fanboy.

The Xbox 360 will have some cool games no doubt, as will PS3, PC, etc, but none of them will have the control the Wii offers. If you'd prefer to continue to twiddle your thumbs with a standard controller, then like many have said, it's your loss. The Wii is really quite impressive because it's really the smallest game console (I'm not counting portable systems), the size of three DVD cases stacked together, and yet it packs the power of an Xbox, has a really nice menu system (WiiChannels), free online play which won't be offered by any other systems other than the PC, and fresh franchises like Red Steel as well as great classic franchises like Metroid, not to mention all the games from previous Nintendo systems. If you fear that Wii won't offer mature games, then take a look at one of the launch titles: Far Cry. No, it's not the goriest game in the world, but it's way more violent and bloody than any game Nintendo usually would allow and more are sure to follow.

If this doesn't interest you, what does?

If that doesn't interest you, what will?

also on top of what natethegreat has said dont foget about VC (i know u probably use roms) but if u really need your RPG fix you can find it there. as for new RPGs/action games/shooters. Im not entierly sure how many new shooters wii will support but seeing Red Steel im sure there will be many more

P.S: Watch this video clip if u havent seen it already. http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/topics/wii_preview/index.html (i know its in japanes. you see the two gray box links at the bottom click on the top one.) If this video doesent prusade you (RPG/action games are in there) then i dont think anything will

The reason that I'm really interested in Dark Messiah and such is because I like seriouser games, and although the Wii will offer some, not nearly as much as other consoles.

Like said, it's a FAMILY console, but then again, I'm not 6.

I also have a really nice computer, would be a shame to not put it to use(I can run Dark Messiah on high detail and everything else advanced and get 0 lag).

It's not the Wii that is not wanting me to get it, it's the actual games.

I'm thinking I'm just gonna wait some time longer and see if the Wii heads my direction.

EDIT: Oh yeah and I don't even think I'd consider Far Cry by the looks of its current graphics...

Last edited:
slurba said:
The reason that I'm really interested in Dark Messiah and such is because I like seriouser games, and although the Wii will offer some, not nearly as much as other consoles.

Like said, it's a FAMILY console, but then again, I'm not 6.

I also have a really nice computer, would be a shame to not put it to use(I can run Dark Messiah on high detail and everything else advanced and get 0 lag).

It's not the Wii that is not wanting me to get it, it's the actual games.

I'm thinking I'm just gonna wait some time longer and see if the Wii heads my direction.

EDIT: Oh yeah and I don't even think I'd consider Far Cry by the looks of its current graphics...
Shimamura - Honestly, I was a bit anxious, but when I saw the reactions of everyone at E3 first-hand I became very confident that it would be a success. For example, when I was standing next to the demo stations and watching visitors play Wii Sports Baseball, they were giving each other advice such as "keep your elbows down when you swing." (laughs) Of course, this itself has nothing to do with the game, but since it's easier to swing naturally and get the timing right if you have good form, I think it actually makes it easier to hit the ball in the game. Seeing this kind of interaction, I was able to imagine parents and their children having the same conversation. More than anything else, this is what made me feel that our efforts were worthwhile. Also, there was an American who had probably spent the whole day walking around E3 and, after playing Wii Sports Baseball, suddenly turned to me and said excitedly "I've seen a lot of games with realistic graphics, but this is the most realistic thing at E3 this year! This is actually real!" (laughs) And I wasn't even wearing a uniform or displaying an exhibitor's pass. I was just there as a normal visitor!

slurba, You didn't even mention Zelda, Super Smash Brothers Brawl, Day of Disaster, Sadness. There are tons more titles coming out next year.

Might it be that you're too frustrated trying to get your hands on the wii and decided to look for alternatives for the mean time? Me along with others that i know tend to do that when it comes to things that really interest us but are too hard to come across. When i didn't get my wii the first day, i considered going back to one of my mmos that i quit because i really wanted to play the wii as much as i could when i got it. That's Just from my experience & observations...you might or might not be the same way.

But if you do decide not to get one, you're going to miss an awesome experience. Regardless of the graphics, as most people say, the new innovative approach to playing video games offered by the wii will make up for it all =]. As for your comment saying that you're not 6 years old, i'm pretty sure there are people out there older than you that enjoy the wii a whole lot =P. Good Luck to you

slurba said:

I havn't seen the GFX but are they that bad. Or are you just interested in GFX because thats bad. GFX are important because it has to look good but not bril. Gameplay is more important
Plus Smash Bros could be online :eek:
And online is free
Wii allows you to edit pictures and videos. Not much use but it's only on Wii and the Mii channel is so addictive. I like watching my Mario Mii trying to play boxing. He's too fat LMAO!
Anyways Wii is cool I have one I know
360 is good
I don't like Sony anymore since they steel stuff. Though PS2 was good.
So I'd say get a Wii if you don't like it you can sell it on eBay for more than you payed and then get a 360 or something. See buying it as a demo of the Wii. Someone will buy it if you don't want it

DARK MESSIAH IS THE SHIZZ!
Kept me going until I got my wii.

P.S. Stop being a loser and buy a wii.

"I want to sit in a dark room on my own playing fps and role play on my PC"

Back