Vacations

Sixty

Kryptonightingale
Jan 27, 2009
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
Do we have a thread for this, or am I missing the whole point of summer? Besides endless hours of videogames and going to the beach. But, is anyone travelling to a different country this year? Anywhere you'd like to go in the future? Where have you been before? That sort of thing. I'm pretty sure that this section of the forum could do with some more threads/less disastrous ones.

Well unfortunately I don't go on vacation out of New Jersey very often because my family is pretty large and it's expensive to afford a lot if say we went to Florida or California.

Usually, we go to the beach/boardwalk on the weekends and sometimes Six Flags. Gotta love cheese steaks on the boardwalk, though. Yum.

Don't go on vacation that often, but I've been a few places. Never been farther west than Alabama though. :/
Let's see, I've been to Pennsylvania (Silver Spring visiting family), Tennessee (been to Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge a few times), Alabama (Huntsville, and a few times visiting family down south), North Carolina (gem mining), Florida (PCB, Daytona, Jacksonville, and Cape Canaveral to watch the shuttle launch), and a few places in Georgia (Savannah, Okefenokee, Dahlonega to name a few).

The next place I'd like to go is maybe take a road trip down to the Florida Keys.

Erm I've been to America like 6 or 7 times, East coast, further inside the East coast, West coast, Florida. Turkey a few times, Spain a few, France a few, UAE (Dubai), Canada, Holland a couple, Portugal. I think that's everywhere

This year I'm going Turkey at the end of July/beginning of August with the family (free holidays ftw), and then before that, like start of July, I'm going somewhere with sun and nightlife with two mates. Probably like Malia or Kavos, or maybe somewhere in Spain. Could do with going the travel agents tomorrow to see what they've got.

To be honest, I want to go pretty much everywhere.

Not this year. Next year I'm going on a trip to Europe and we visit like six different countries. Pretty expensive, but I'm really looking forward to it—even moreso because it's with friends rather than family.

Other than that, I so want to move to the East Coast. My people live there.

I've been to the US 4 times, Spain once, Canary islands 5 times, Greece 4 times.

Going to Adelaide in Australia in July.
Going to England in August to see Pearl Jam, if that counts. Doubt it but.

Want to go to Russia and Jamaica.

Last edited:
Been to Canada, went to the UK last December, and that's as far as my world experiences have been.

I'm having a hell of a vacation this summer just staying at home though. :D

Quite obviously I'm going to America this summer, and I'm freaking out about it. I haven't been anywhere else otherwise, unless anyone cares for Wales, which is a 40 minute drive away.

2008: Japan ( Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka)
2009: Japan ( Tokyo, Kyoto)
2010: Japan { Tokyo, Okinawa, hokkaido)

many of my ..er.. " Contacts" are in tokyo ;) .
i dont really need to say any more than that...

I hate to say it, but this year's holiday is France. Against my will ('even Shitaly would be better', I pleaded), but there you go. We're going to Brittany, so we can enjoy that lovely rainy Atlantic weather in August!

Oh well, next year is a proper trip to New York- haven't been there since I was five!

I hate to say it, but this year's holiday is France. Against my will ('even Shitaly would be better', I pleaded), but there you go. We're going to Brittany, so we can enjoy that lovely rainy Atlantic weather in August!

Oh well, next year is a proper trip to New York- haven't been there since I was five!

Well, it can't be that horrible seeing how Celtic the place is. It's very high up on my list regarding places in France I want to go to. I really want to go to France next year, but I've given up on family holidays having... never... had one, so I'll probably drag Adam/Loryn along, though only Adam has a passport. I really want to go to Marseille, and then Paris. They're quite a way from eachother. France is definitely a country I SHOULD HAVE BEEN TO ALREADY and definitely plan on going to. That, and I want to go to the Seychelles, which is basically France with pirates.

Well, it can't be that horrible seeing how Celtic the place is. It's very high up on my list regarding places in France I want to go to. I really want to go to France next year, but I've given up on family holidays having... never... had one, so I'll probably drag Adam/Loryn along, though only Adam has a passport. I really want to go to Marseille, and then Paris. They're quite a way from eachother. France is definitely a country I SHOULD HAVE BEEN TO ALREADY and definitely plan on going to. That, and I want to go to the Seychelles, which is basically France with pirates.

That's true. Much like Corsica, Alsace and the southern parts settled by the Catalans, Brittany actually doesn't want to be part of France that much.

Hahaha, this must be ironic punishment for all your French-bashing.

I'm not planning on going anywhere. My last holiday abroad was almost five years ago, to Cyprus. It was mostly kinda boring, but I didn't mind the day out to Nicosia.

I wish I lived closer to Europe so I could go there more easily, although apparently the availability of the varied climates in America is nice (and cheap), but I want to see other cultures. (Unless they're all like the UK and people leave their trash everywhere... Eugh) But yeah, there's way too many Americans who've never been out of the country.

Back