Views on Drinking, Smoking, Ect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Voltun said:
I think that all three are completely stupid. Smoking gives you lung cancer, alcohol gives you liver disease, and it has the same effects as smashing hammers through your brain. Marijuana gives you loss of memory and respiratory problems. I feel very strongly about what I have said. It may be because it is against my religion to smoke, drink, do drugs, drink coffee or tea, etc, but the evidence of the negative impacts of these substances speak for themselves.

Tobacco, alcohol, hard drugs, yes... obvious and severe health risks.

Show us negative impacts of marijuana.

What religion is against tea? Never heard of that.
My religion is the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, but you probably recognize it as Mormonism...the Utah religion.
Show us negative impacts of marijuana.
As for that, just google "negative impacts of marijuana" and you'll find a lot more than you think!

Voltun said:
My religion is the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, but you probably recognize it as Mormonism...the Utah religion.
Mormons are really against tea. Holy **** I can't believe that I live in Utah, my parents are Mormon and I didn't know that. Also there are very few negative effects of Marijuana.

Voltun said:

As for that, just google "negative impacts of marijuana" and you'll find a lot more than you think!

Man, i respect your choice of religion, but i just can't stand mormonism. Never understood the defense of the three glories of heaven (1 cor. 15:42 or something like that correct)? and i hate how you think that you just kinda latched onto Christianity. Whatever I guess, at least you like the wii.

paintba||er said:
Mormons are really against tea. Holy **** I can't believe that I live in Utah, my parents are Mormon and I didn't know that. Also there are very few negative effects of Marijuana.
just check websites like this
http://www.weedguru.com/agamed.php
For one thing, it's illegal in Utah at least. That is reason enough I think. And what do you mean "I can't believe that I live in Utah" it's an awesome place!

Voltun said:

Hmm.. the only thing I can find that has credible sources are links for DEA's website, so if you can find some UNbiased and credible information, I'll be more than happy to look at it.

If you haven't done so, I suggest you read up on all the posts made in this thread, most of the information I've relayed in my posts I have linked or can supply links to credible, unbiased sources.

Again, I'm not telling you to go against your religion or to go buy a bag of pot and start smoking it up. If you choose to stand by your religion and stay away from any mind and body altering substances (marijuana, caffeine, etc...) then that is very respectable. I just wouldn't buy into everything government officials, the media, etc.. tell you about marijuana. At the same time, I don't want you to buy into everything I'm saying, not that I don't feel confident in any of my arguments, I just suggest you look into all what you can from both sides of the argument, and then make your decision.

Brawny said:
Man, i respect your choice of religion, but i just can't stand mormonism. Never understood the defense of the three glories of heaven (1 cor. 15:42 or something like that correct)? and i hate how you think that you just kinda latched onto Christianity. Whatever I guess, at least you like the wii.
Well, we are Christians. We believe in Christ. And what do you mean "the defense" What defense? And about the marijuana again, if there is any drug which has the least amout of negative effects, weed is it. But I have known a person who was on the receiving end of a crash where the other driver was high. Luckily it wasn't serious, but it makes me kinda biased i guess.

Last edited:
fistpittingnork said:
Hmm.. the only thing I can find that has credible sources are links for DEA's website, so if you can find some UNbiased and credible information, I'll be more than happy to look at it.

If you haven't done so, I suggest you read up on all the posts made in this thread, most of the information I've relayed in my posts I have linked or can supply links to credible, unbiased sources.

Again, I'm not telling you to go against your religion or to go buy a bag of pot and start smoking it up. If you choose to stand by your religion and stay away from any mind and body altering substances (marijuana, caffeine, etc...) then that is very respectable. I just wouldn't buy into everything government officials, the media, etc.. tell you about marijuana. At the same time, I don't want you to buy into everything I'm saying, not that I don't feel confident in any of my arguments, I just suggest you look into all what you can from both sides of the argument, and then make your decision.

I think we see marijuana pretty much the same way, so I'm not here to disagree with you per se...

However, inhaling smoke of any kind isn't good for you...tobacco smoke is probably a million times worse than marijuana smoke, still, if you're sucking hot smoke into your lungs...

Now, the benefits of smoking cannabis may outweigh this in many cases, but if you want to be extra safe, just bake brownies :D

man i missed ALOT! ive been on overtime i havent slept in like the longest time and im on over exaust! ie im so tierd, i cant even sleep!

anyways, TRI, i really appreciate it full heartedly your complements. some people think that because i put on a badge and carry a gun and wear a uniform and im to uphold the law that i am an evil dispicable person. that because of this im out to get everyone and their mother and thats not true. i grew up listening to NWA and public enemy ive said it here before. public enemy is straight out of freeport long island about a few miles from my house! they were talkin about nassau/suffolk county and NYPD police departments how how 911 is a joke and that we're just out to ruin your good time with the underage drinking and smoking your hashesh (spelling?) but its not true again. music is just that music and cops are just that cops.

we dont want to see anyone get introuble and we're not being pains in the asses because we want to its because we have to. if theres no structor then we would have complete chaos. we dont want to ruin your bad time but when people call us and the sh*t hits the fan, we have to be the ones to react. it may be a good reaction it may be bad

i dont work with the assh*le cops. i dont talk to them i dont deal with them. if anything i deal with the cops that are like myself. i dont like the ones that abuse the power and sometimes i get nasty looks because of it. granted i aint a rat and i would NEVER go to IAB to tell because cops dont rat other cops out but i dont associate with the bad seeds. and those bad seeds are what rappers and kids talk about.

until you have a good encounter with the police, youll forever think we're out to get you. its a common lie and mistake and it makes me sad. thats why i can relate to 99.9% of the kids here who hate cops. i know why and ive had run ins too with them....bad ones! (remember i did my share of trouble making.....)

so bottom line again TRI is right. we're here to help YOU not hurt you. we dont want to but we have to. you drink you drive you go to jail. you do drugs you get caught you go to jail, you dont wanna wear a seatbelt, youre the dumbass with a ticket. thats just how it is and again its a pain in your ass but its not our intentions.

just like prez says that "moderators dont bite" neither do cops. we are here to keep you alive and save you from harm :)

also paintballer, it applies to you too. you may hate cops and may wish death upon us because of past run ins but im sure deep down if you ever got into trouble, those people you wished harm upon (not saying that this is true or that you did say that) will be there to save you in a heart beat

hiredgoonz said:
I think we see marijuana pretty much the same way, so I'm not here to disagree with you per se...

However, inhaling smoke of any kind isn't good for you...tobacco smoke is probably a million times worse than marijuana smoke, still, if you're sucking hot smoke into your lungs...

Now, the benefits of smoking cannabis may outweigh this in many cases, but if you want to be extra safe, just bake brownies :D

Oh yeah, I agree with that 100%... I mentioned in one of my past "novel" posts here, but inhaling smoke of any kind is unhealthy.. vaporizing helps eliminate that risk.

But yes.. brownies.. cookies.. green dragons.. weedka.. cannabutter.. all great ways to discreetly consume cannabis... though if I'm having problems breathing, eating a slice of space cake doesn't really do the trick.. ;)

fistpittingnork said:
though if I'm having problems breathing, eating a slice of space cake doesn't really do the trick.. ;)

LMAO...

Off topic, but...

I saw in the other thread that you're a Floyd fan...have you ever done the Dark Side/Wizard of Oz thing?

I actually ripped the movie and replaced the audio track with Dark Side...probably wouldn't watch it again, but it was pretty cool...

Did see a tribute band that mixed bits of Dark side with wizzard of oz (it was projected onto the back ground)

hiredgoonz said:
LMAO...

Off topic, but...

I saw in the other thread that you're a Floyd fan...have you ever done the Dark Side/Wizard of Oz thing?

I actually ripped the movie and replaced the audio track with Dark Side...probably wouldn't watch it again, but it was pretty cool...

Yeah I used to have the whole thing on my computer, I honestly wasn't all that impressed. Not what it's all hyped up to be. It's my favorite band paired with one of my favorite movies though, so I'm certainly not going to *****.

fistpittingnork said:
Yeah I used to have the whole thing on my computer, I honestly wasn't all that impressed. Not what it's all hyped up to be. It's my favorite band paired with one of my favorite movies though, so I'm certainly not going to *****.

Agreed, it's not as great as people have made it out to be, but some of the coincidental music/screen developments are cool.

Worth watching once...I was drunk and it was entertaining enough :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back