What TV should I buy for BRAWL?

yungblood6 said:
wow its not that deep! Graphics are not going to be that much if even better than Galaxy. I guess i realy got to get this game now you guys make it seem like its the second coming of Christ!

lol, hahaha

Are you serious? Just for Brawl? Wow, your like Brawl's #1 fan.

so are you buying a special wii for brawl too? oh i have an idea, kick your son/daughter out on the street, throw all their **** in the attic, get some brawl wallpaper, maybe a nice border and a 99" plasma T.V. that covers the whole wall and have a brawl room!!1!1!1!1!!!

haha i kid, i kid.

laderer5 said:
Who Knows? Maybe Jesus is a playable character?

JESUS FOR BRAWL!!! FTW!

stay on topic and beware of others who might be offended.

that comment wasn't as funny as you thought it would be.

First off, I'm in need of a new TV anyways. Second, some people are importing a Japanese Wii and Japanese BRAWL, just so they can have BRAWL 2 weeks before it comes out in the USA.

Also, I must find a site about TVs! Ppl say Wii only goes up to 480p! =(

Mario777 said:
First off, I'm in need of a new TV anyways. Second, some people are importing a Japanese Wii and Japanese BRAWL, just so they can have BRAWL 2 weeks before it comes out in the USA.

http://www.avsforum.com

More info on TVs, DVD players, etc then you will ever need or want to know. Search is your friend there btw, nearly every single question you have has been answered there :).

Last edited:
Mario777 said:

That is exactly correct. It's not speculation, it is well documented.

All your fixed resolution sets like LCD/Plasma/DLP have one output spec (720P or 1080P) but can take nearly any input signal (480i/480p/720p/1080i/1080p).

Not really much to figure out.

*edit* gnahc79's link is THE source for AV info (keep in mind it's not a videogame site, adjust your content after you get a feel for the site protocol)

Ive got a 42'' Samsung 1080p and a Sony Bravia 50'' flat screen plasma that I use for my Wii as well as my computer monitor.:ihih: Both of them look pretty good.:D

Is it sad that I just got a 32" TV solely to play my Wii upstairs and connect it online then? Probably, but still... I had to move a lot of junk out to get this TV in my room, and yeah, the Wii was the main reason, but I'll have things like Freeview and whatever... It just seemed like a waste playing it on a 50Hz 20" screen.

Dubb's Wii said:
Sony Bravia 50'' flat screen plasma

I wasn't aware that Sony made a Bravia Series Plasma - I thought all the Bravia sub-branded XBR/XBR2 powered sets were LCD. What's the exact model number?

I cant be assed making a new thread for this. But has anyone else considered that 480p (Wii) and 720p (360 and PS3) really arent THAT much different resolution wise?
240 horizontal lines of resolution difference, so 720p is 0.5x higher res...
Anyway, the Bravias are among the best screens you can get. If you can afford, buy.

Like [DT] has already mentioned, Resolution vs. viewing distance

What the chart shows is that, for a 50-inch screen, the benefits of 720p vs. 480p start to become apparent at viewing distances closer than 14.6 feet and become fully apparent at 9.8 feet. For the same screen size, the benefits of 1080p vs. 720p start to become apparent when closer than 9.8 feet and become full apparent at 6.5 feet. In my opinion, 6.5 feet is closer than most people will sit to their 50" plasma TV (even through the THX recommended viewing distance for a 50" screen is 5.6 ft). So, most consumers will not be able to see the full benefit of their 1080p TV.

Back