Where to live in the States?

If you're looking into colleges for programming, there are a lot of good choices. Many of the "Big Ten" schools offer excellent educations and will help you get jobs in a more competitive market. I know that Purdue (Indiana) has an excellent engineering program (software engineer?). The University of Illinois also has a very respectable engineering program. Both schools are in somewhat undesirable locations as far as living and finding a good job, but since you're 18, you may be more interested in enjoying the "college life". In which case, both of these schools will definitely afford you some good times :)

As others have said, it really depends on what you're looking for. If you want to really go nuts with the programming, you could try getting into the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), which is basically the best the best of the best...just don't expect to be partying it up :lol:

Hope this helped, and if you have any other questions, I'd be happy to try and help...I'm just about at the end of the road for my college career (finally - six years and two degrees is more than enough for me!)

Nebraska, hello! Cheap living expenses and you can get anything you need from omaha...im not kidding. A 800,000 dollar house in cali can cost about 150,000 in Nebraska. For Colleges we have A badass college called UNL (go huskers, pelini will bring you back from the dead!), and the Number one ranked college in the midwest in Creighton. Expensive but probably one of the best colleges around here.

Last edited:
Come to Louisiana ;D

We've got us some good foods.

As long as you stay out of fast-food joints.
Then you'll get fat.

Why America?
Just wondering. I can't comprehend anyone wanting to leave Europe. Especially not for North America.
It's icky here.

Celeste said:
Why America?
Just wondering. I can't comprehend anyone wanting to leave Europe. Especially not for North America.
It's icky here.

Not in Nebraska, bunch of space with almost zero air and water polution if you dont live in omaha :yesnod:

just some advice, stay away from virginia! the weather here is crazy, one day it can be 70-80 degrees, and the next day it can possibly snow! (its like like that in january/february) and in the summer time it gets as hot as 110 degrees, the weather is crazy here in Virginia, so stay away

as for the beach, florida is another good choice besides cali

Celeste said:
Why America?
It's icky here.

Cheap, bigger, better, nicer accents, Adam.

Celeste said:
Why America?
It's icky here.

ouch to all the settlers of the 1800's. when you say its icky here, i hope your not talking about canada aswell. canada is the opppsite of icky(besides toronto). but i agree with you question about why america. pretty crowded. only a few states have room to live.

Only cities like New York and LA are crowded like THAT...

Start saving your money so you can pay for your healthcare as here Insurance is expensive and they don't help much anyway or you could pay out of pocket for everything. $$$$$$ You currently have essentially free care.

thas said:
ouch to all the settlers of the 1800's. when you say its icky here, i hope your not talking about canada aswell. canada is the opppsite of icky(besides toronto). but i agree with you question about why america. pretty crowded. only a few states have room to live.
When you're from New Zealand and spent 3 months living in Norway, it gives you a different perspective on North America.

Though I want to move to a little beach town in North Carolina for a very specific purpose :\

thas said:

STATES LIKE NEBRASKA??!?!?!?!?!?

Ive lived in Los Angeles my parents had a hard time finding a decent job and a nice house then i moved to vegas very nice but if you live there make sure to live in henderson its very nice there other places in vegas are just straight up ghettto =D
Now i live in houston we got hhalf a million for our house in vegas when we only paid 94 thousand which is freakin awesome and we have a beach house and a house in one of the best neighboor hoods
and hope you could get in the states i mean you could allways cross the border:ciappa:

Back