Which Religion are you?

Brawny said:
Since God created us all, sex included. It is perhaps the greatest gift of intimacy given, therefore, our stance on this can be a bit more strict than other things.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: God for creating sex!.. And lots of other men to have it with!

The question is thus...

Is God Fallible or Infallible?
If he is Fallible then he is not as we percieve him to be, and therefore is not God. (A fallible God is no better than us...)
If he is infallible then the next question is...

Is the Bible the word of god, or the word of man?
If its the word of God then it implies everything in it must be true to the letter... (If not then it proves God is fallible - therefore there is no God).

If the Bible is not true it either means;
It is the word of man - and therefore not Holy doctrine, (We don't need it - its self written/imposed).
It is the word of God then it must be Holy Doctrine and therefore everything written in it is true.

Last edited:
BrandonMcAuslan said:
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: God for creating sex!.. And lots of other men to have it with!
Hahaha.

The question is thus...

Is God Fallible or Infallible?
If he is Fallible then he is not as we percieve him to be, and therefore is not God. (A fallible God is no better than us...)
If he is infallible then the next question is...

Is the Bible the word of god, or the word of man?
If its the word of God then it implies everything in it must be true to the letter... (If not then it proves God is fallible - therefore there is no God).

If the Bible is not true it either means;
It is the word of man - and therefore not Holy doctrine, (We don't need it - its self written/imposed).
It is the word of God then it must be Holy Doctrine and therefore everything written in it is true.
I know you've got this pretty much down, but even if God were to be fallible (even though it is believed not to be the case in Catholic Doctrine - if not others), then he would still be greater than man, for he would still be our creator. Plus immortality and all...

I'm technically Christian, but I don't really practice as much as a Christian would. I'd consider myself agnostic though.

What I don't understand about sex though is that if it's supposedly such a great sin, especially in terms of homosexuality, then why is sex so enjoyable?

Ezekiel86 said:
I'm technically Christian, but I don't really practice as much as a Christian would. I'd consider myself agnostic though.

What I don't understand about sex though is that if it's supposedly such a great sin, especially in terms of homosexuality, then why is sex so enjoyable?
Funny thing is, is that if you pose that to different people, even in the same religion, you can get different answers.

Personally, I think that the reason sex is good, is because it's pleasurable and natural. Heck, you even get gay animals having sex with each other (mallard ducks for example). Sex is sex, no matter who you do it to. You wouldn't exactly call something an assault on one person something different from an assault on a different person. Funny how society feels differently about sex...

Scarily enough wikipedia has an entry on the subject of Gay animals: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality_in_animals
Although most people believe animals sexuality is instinctive and therefore almost mechanistic, in fact research regularly records that many animals are sexual opportunists, and may show an interest in other partners than their own or related species.
Randy buggers!

Last edited:
Squall7 said:
Funny thing is, is that if you pose that to different people, even in the same religion, you can get different answers.

Personally, I think that the reason sex is good, is because it's pleasurable and natural. Heck, you even get gay animals having sex with each other (mallard ducks for example). Sex is sex, no matter who you do it to. You wouldn't exactly call something an assault on one person something different from an assault on a different person. Funny how society feels differently about sex...

Scarily enough wikipedia has an entry on the subject of Gay animals: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality_in_animals
Randy buggers!

I absolutely agree. Why should a desire so natural be wrong? It doesn't hurt anybody (assuming it is consentual, of course), and it has both physical and mental health benefits. It's simply natural for us to enjoy it. Even animals can enjoy it, and have no qualms or issues with homosexuality either, because they just enjoy themselves.

That's an interesting point you raise too, regarding different answers within the same religious groups. It's funny how there's no real standard response to that question. But I don't believe there needs to be. Shouldn't God/A Higher Existance/Deity take consolation in knowing we're enjoying ourself?

LMAO...why does candy taste sooo good? If I just let myself go and put no limits on myself, why do I still get fat?

That's what you are asking.....

Brawny said:
LMAO...why does candy taste sooo good? If I just let myself go and put no limits on myself, why do I still get fat?

That's what you are asking.....
Nah. Candy is a man-made substance. Sex is natural.

Candy contains many chemicals going into the body. Sex is an action that produces endorphins and as a really good exercise. Two completely different things I'm afraid.

Maybe sex before marriage is the type of temptation perceived with the whole Adam and Eve 'taking the apple from the Snake on a tree story.' (not that I know if I think it's true or not) Though, taking the apple didn't hurt any body, eating can always be classed as a pleasure too, and due to giving in to such a temptation, it supposedly affected the whole of mankind. Maybe the same thing with intercourse before marriage, in which it determines whether you go to heaven or hell or not.. though I some what doubt it, considering God is meant to forgive everything.. (I'm Christian, but like Ez, I wouldn't class myself as full on. Just believe there's a God, about it really). I don't even know if I agree with what I said, just an idea I had tbh.

I'm just saying, everything has its pros and cons. Yes, healthy endorphins..exercise.....

Also, STD's..a load of them.... A lot of people aren't ready for the mental and physical bonding that intercourse causes as well. :/

It's never "just sex".... even if you only want it to be.

Brawny said:
I'm just saying, everything has its pros and cons. Yes, healthy endorphins..exercise.....

Also, STD's..a load of them.... A lot of people aren't ready for the mental and physical bonding that intercourse causes as well. :/

It's never "just sex".... even if you only want it to be.
Yes, but by the same token, there's risks everywhere. And some of those risks can be overcome with contraception.

As for the readiness, I agree. Some aren't ready for it, however, the bible seems to blanket-statement sex quite a lot, proclaiming homosexuals to be
Romans 1:29-30 said:
gossips, slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful, let alone invent ways of doing evil, disobeying their parents, are senseless faithless heartless or ruthless,

Some are ready for it. I am. I do it. It feels good. I am not in wed-lock. I don't feel guilty, because I love the person I do it with, and I know she feel the same about me. We never have sex with anyone else, thus should our sexual relationship be wrong, despite there being no risks of STD's? Heck, low risk of pregnancy since we go double dutch...

Gahh...didn't really need to know that.

Squall, you? taking verses out of context?

Actually, verses like that show that homosexuality should be on the same level as "gossip, slander, malice" etc.

My opinion has been stated, I can't speak for other Christians, I am sorry.

Brawny said:
Gahh...didn't really need to know that.
It's not like you can imagine it, you haven't seen any pics. Lol.

Squall, you? taking verses out of context?
Taking out of context to save writing it out again.
I did quote it earlier, but I'll re-quote it.
Romans 1:26-31 said:
26Because to this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. 27In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and recieved in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.
28Furthermore, since they did not think it worth while to retain the knowledge of God, he gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what ought not to be done. 29They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deciet and malice. They are gossips, 30slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31they are senseless, faithless, heartless, ruthless.

Actually, verses like that show that homosexuality should be on the same level as "gossip, slander, malice" etc.
So, basically a forgivable sin then? Well, a social-problematic rather than a scriptural rejection?

My opinion has been stated, I can't speak for other Christians, I am sorry.
Damn shame no other Christians seem to want to post.

w00t. I have to agree with just about that entire post.

Especially this: "social-problematic rather than a scriptural rejection?"

It does reject it, but only because of the social problems that it causes.

Ezekiel86 said:

Sex between a man and woman who are married to each other is not considered a sin and is encouraged.

yay, reinforcements...:/

exactly, it's great, but only when it's in its proper boundaries.

and @ Squall, obviously there is SOMETHING holding you back, making it wrong. Otherwise, you would have at least proposed to the girl. :/

Back