Which Religion are you?

Brawny said:
yay, reinforcements...:/

exactly, it's great, but only when it's in its proper boundaries.

and @ Squall, obviously there is SOMETHING holding you back, making it wrong. Otherwise, you would have at least proposed to the girl. :/
Actually I have proposed. We're engaged. We don't really have the money for a wedding yet, but we've decided we don't want anything too big, and we don't want it in a church.

skippy said:
Sex between a man and woman who are married to each other is not considered a sin and is encouraged.
With the blessing of "God" though. In essence, even if two people devote themselves to each other, without God's approval, then under Christian doctrine, they shouldn't have sex. However, it's therefore down to the priest to grant a legal wedding, but unless they are willing to marry to men or two women, that won't happen, thus it's thought that it's wrong by the terms of God, but is in actual fact more of a refusal to marry by the priest (obviously this is subjective. I acknowledge that there are priests that do this).

That's if you get married through the Christian way however...

Last edited:
Squall7 said:
I know you've got this pretty much down, but even if God were to be fallible (even though it is believed not to be the case in Catholic Doctrine - if not others), then he would still be greater than man, for he would still be our creator. Plus immortality and all...

If God is fallible then he ceases to be the authority on all that is good/just in the world/universe/existence. (Studied philosphy at college and part of my studies at uni) :wink:

I.e - My father is also in a sense my creator. I may be born disabled. It could be said that he is a greater than me fbecause he is perfectly able bodied. - But I may surpass my father in all matters of mind, spirit and theology/philosophy.
In matters of religion/spirituality it is the mind and that determines greatness/worth. So in that sense it may be that throughout life I become greater than my father.
In the same sense if God is fallible - then it can be said that Humanity may possesses the potential to surpass God in matters of spirituality... Therefore why do we need God?..

Here's another one.

About what we consider "good" or "just" or "right"

Is there a universal concept for what is "good"..?
Is this something that exists within itself, the idea of good/evil - justice.
Or is it simply the will of God?

If it is truly unique within existence - the idea/notion of good as its own thing (not defined by mind or circumstance) - then it implies that we have no need for a God. (God being what we consider the focal for all that is good/etc.)

If Goodness is defined by God -then it makes the very nature of what goodness is a fleeting thing - a whim of a greater power. Then who is to say what goodness truly is. And that you cannot serve what is good - only the higher authority...

*holy sh*t my brain is now toast*... :crazy: :wtf:

I am Jewish

En4Eno....why is it that people think that rapture is coming soon. There have always been times of trouble....have people always thought it was coming soon. I mean....there is war in the world now, but there has been far worse since the start of Christianity. I don't get it....please explain.

Brawny said:
I'm just saying, everything has its pros and cons. Yes, healthy endorphins..exercise.....

Also, STD's..a load of them.... A lot of people aren't ready for the mental and physical bonding that intercourse causes as well. :/

It's never "just sex".... even if you only want it to be.

WUTTTT? U MEAN SECKS HAS A DOWNSIDE??? My life is over :(

60 more till the change.

BrandonMcAuslan said:
If God is fallible then he ceases to be the authority on all that is good/just in the world/universe/existence. (Studied philosphy at college and part of my studies at uni) :wink:
Well, that's based on the idea that God HAS to be infallible, like anything he creates cannot be anything but "true".

I.e - My father is also in a sense my creator. I may be born disabled. It could be said that he is a greater than me fbecause he is perfectly able bodied. - But I may surpass my father in all matters of mind, spirit and theology/philosophy.
I get where you're coming from, and I think Christians (stop me if I'm wrong Brawny) feel that you are created by God, but developed by your parents. In a way, it's describing nature (almost)

In matters of religion/spirituality it is the mind and that determines greatness/worth. So in that sense it may be that throughout life I become greater than my father.
Indeed. Progression. I think Budhism might fit this angle better than Christianity...

In the same sense if God is fallible - then it can be said that Humanity may possesses the potential to surpass God in matters of spirituality... Therefore why do we need God?..
Interesting point. However, potential doesn't mean that we do surpass him. Indeed, since he has infinite knowledge and such, then no matter how fallible he is, he's not going to get surpassed becuase he will always know more than a human.

Here's another one.
I like these. These are challenging...

About what we consider "good" or "just" or "right"

Is there a universal concept for what is "good"..?
Is this something that exists within itself, the idea of good/evil - justice.
Or is it simply the will of God?
I believe that the concepts of good and evil came from the bible (i.e. those concepts were made after the bible and are therefore flawed because of it). Since, through the language "Good" may derive from "God" and "Evil" may derive from "Devil". Therefore, if it were possible that The devil influenced the bible in any way, our concepts of Good and Evil may actually be reversed.

If it is truly unique within existence - the idea/notion of good as its own thing (not defined by mind or circumstance) - then it implies that we have no need for a God. (God being what we consider the focal for all that is good/etc.)
Of course, good and evil may also be boiled down to constructive and destructive or chaos vs order. God would therefore be considered order and the Devil would be considered Chaos. It makes sense looking at the teachings of Christianity and Satanism.

If Goodness is defined by God -then it makes the very nature of what goodness is a fleeting thing - a whim of a greater power. Then who is to say what goodness truly is. And that you cannot serve what is good - only the higher authority...
Indeed. The concept of God is certainly a paradigm between free-will vs Destiny. If we truely have "destiny" then nothing we do is controlled by us, but is set to become the way it is. Therefore, how can we be held accountable for our own mistakes? Aren't we just victims of destiny? Likewise, if we truely have free-will, then why do we have it? Since there is obviously a correct and an incorrect, surely God would be more merciful to make us all correct... Also, how can God ask us to give up (by following his rules) free-will, the very thing he gave to us. For then we do not have it in the first place, and would be a paradox to the idea that people deserve to go to hell. Strange where my mind can wonder to...

*holy sh*t my brain is now toast*... :crazy: :wtf:
Lol. I concur. The problem being with this sort of thought, is that there is no set answer, and is therefore unemployable. We cannot know for certian that the actions we take are right, and are therefore also just leaves in the wind, out of control.

When I said good and evil I should have been talking about the concept of what is "just". (as in Justice).
Plato pioneered this concept and it pre-dates christianity by approx 2000 years.
I think there are too many "Ifs" to commit my belief to the doctrine of Christianity. Jesus made sense - but the old testament? :crazy: That things mental!...
I believe that there may be a great architect of the universe (and existence) but I don't believe that he/she/it hates gays. Nor would concern itself with watching big brother - for big brother is utter sh*t...

*edit*
I had Plato placed 200 years before christianity due to a typo - changed it...

Goodnight all I'm off to bed. Its 9pm here...
"WTF who goes to bed at 9pm..?"
Today, I do cause I'm tired as f*ck (long day) - later - I'll pick up this thread tomorrow...

Last edited:
I suppose the phrase that comes closest to describing me would be "elective paradigm pirate"... although; technically speaking I'm an ordained minister in the Universal Life Church of America.

Well I just finished reading all 9 pages of this thread. VERY interesting responses, and I commend Squall7 for his well-thought and great responses. I, myself, am Muslim. Why? Because I truly believe that Islam is the correct religion. Essentially, a fastest-growing religion means that more and people find out that that religion is the true, correct, pure, actual religion over any other religion in the world. Islam IS the fastest growing religion. Just quick to note without getting into too much into the actual beliefs, that Islam truly IS a religion of peace when studied and practiced correctly. It is infact the misguided followers, [and the feeding-off-of by the bias media who picks on these bad apples to make the most money possible through ratings, and often distorting the truth to make the opposing side look bad], that commit horrible acts of violence and most of those people do not follow the religion correctly in doing so (hence the word MISGUIDED). Anywho, without sparking controversy and avoiding a violent debate, I believe everyone should consider this situation, as they would not like it being done to them. As A Muslim living in America, I am a victim by the people who choose to be ignorant and base a religion on wrong things. Just imagine if all non-Christians based Christianity on the horrid acts of Adolf Hitler, and that his actions were endorsed by his religion. Most Christians would laugh and say "That's not Christianity, nor were his actions linked directly to his religion!". And I will say, "point proven".

Last edited:
fastest growing... hrm...

I don't usually use speed as a reference. otherwise, i'd follow scientology...:/

But yes, today's media is pretty retarded when it comes to portraying religions.

Back