Which Religion are you?

Brawny said:
fastest growing... hrm...

I don't usually use speed as a reference. otherwise, i'd follow scientology...:/

But yes, today's media is pretty retarded when it comes to portraying religions.

I also believe in scientific ways to understand stuff, But i am christian was brought up as christian and i will keep going to keep going church every sunday.

But During RE lessons at school we did learn that every small gap can be filled with God, e.g. the fact we do not know what started the big bang, people would go and say it was GOD. Also how the fact there is evil in the world when GOD is infinitely good, well Augustine answered that question by saying evil is a lack of good and some beings/species have a higher quantity of good then to others e.g. Angles have more capacity of good then humans, and humans more capacity of good then dogs. Iraneas also answered this question by saying God did not make us fully developed so we can use our free will and develop either to love God or hate him thus evil.

So yet again to state i do believe in scientific approaches to everything(seeing as i want to get into medicine) but there is always a counter arguement to and from whether God or science?, its a never ending chain.

Brawny said:
fastest growing... hrm...

I don't usually use speed as a reference. otherwise, i'd follow scientology...:/

But yes, today's media is pretty retarded when it comes to portraying religions.

Yes, it is a known fact that it is the fastest-growing religion in the world. Just to make things clear, forced conversions are stricly prohibited so although you may have heard of cases when this happens, (also cases of SUICIDE, in which suicide is strictly prohibited as well), they are not included in the statistic, and is not considered an act endorsed by Islam. But otherwise, I disagree with you in the sense that "the media is pretty retarded when it comes to portraying religions". It's not that the media is retarded when they portray other religions--it's that they purposely fill their clients minds' with information that will be most attracting and to harm the reputation of their personal enemies. The media is smart in doing so because it can make them more money. More controversy, lies, distortion of truth leads to more money overall, so its smart for them. In reality, its unfair and unjust to the victims of their actions. And since the common person lacks the knoweledge of other religions and are easily fooled to believe what is told to them...the media takes advantage of this concept and educates their viewers with wrong information to bring hate among their enemies, while making money at the same time. It is ALSO a fact that most of the media in the WORLD (close to, if not more than, 95%) is owned by the Jews. Who are "the Jews" (sorry if that term is offensive to any Jewish person viewing this post) at war with right now? Will their presentation of information on the middle-east and current situation in general be clear and right, or wrong/exaggerated and bias? They (the media) basically have the power to sway their viewers opinions' and thoughts about virtually anything. Afterall, when it comes from a news source, its trustworthy and reliable, right? Wrong. This is hardly even the case when it comes to the media. Remember, it's all about the money, and your attention and response to it is how THEY want you to react to certain things and how they want the country to believe things. The Jews will strive to make their viewers believe that Islam is cruel, unjust, violent, because that's what they believe and who they are at war with for the most part--they want to get others to believe the same as they do to get as much support as possible and the chances of one staying with the media's agenda would be strengthened. Remember, the media controls what gets out to the public--whether it be television (#1), newpapers (#2), or any other source of media presentation. Taking a peaceful religion and associating violence with it to benefit one's own agenda is a cruel act in itself. Remember that.

Sorry I drifted on for so long. I just felt that it all needed to be said :yesnod:

Yea but remember Jews, also dont like christians, you would never ever see a jewish guy attend a catholic public school but yet you will see muslims, i have a few mulsim friends myself some even from iraq. Also Jewish people are pretty much segregated in england i personally have never met a jewish person unless you count meeting one that looked like one who was a barrister who came for a speech at college. And i hear they have there own section somewhere in england.

And of course the media love to play with your words and mess with peoples minds thats what there for, they do there job and get paid.

Aren't we going into conspiracy theories here with how jews own 95% of the world, which could be linked to this conspiracy rumour i heard of how during september the 11th, the jewish people working were all absent from work when the plane hit. Are the jewish people the lumanarty or is that completely different?

Also you say Islam prevents suicides, but doesnt every religion except suicide in the case of matyrs. Also dont Islam have Jihad(holy war) which is the word more people use when fighting.

RPGMasterTurk91 said:
Yes, it is a known fact that it is the fastest-growing religion in the world. Just to make things clear, forced conversions are stricly prohibited so although you may have heard of cases when this happens, (also cases of SUICIDE, in which suicide is strictly prohibited as well), they are not included in the statistic, and is not considered an act endorsed by Islam. But otherwise, I disagree with you in the sense that "the media is pretty retarded when it comes to portraying religions". It's not that the media is retarded when they portray other religions--it's that they purposely fill their clients minds' with information that will be most attracting and to harm the reputation of their personal enemies. The media is smart in doing so because it can make them more money. More controversy, lies, distortion of truth leads to more money overall, so its smart for them. In reality, its unfair and unjust to the victims of their actions. And since the common person lacks the knoweledge of other religions and are easily fooled to believe what is told to them...the media takes advantage of this concept and educates their viewers with wrong information to bring hate among their enemies, while making money at the same time. It is ALSO a fact that most of the media in the WORLD (close to, if not more than, 95%) is owned by the Jews. Who are "the Jews" (sorry if that term is offensive to any Jewish person viewing this post) at war with right now? Will their presentation of information on the middle-east and current situation in general be clear and right, or wrong/exaggerated and bias? They (the media) basically have the power to sway their viewers opinions' and thoughts about virtually anything. Afterall, when it comes from a news source, its trustworthy and reliable, right? Wrong. This is hardly even the case when it comes to the media. Remember, it's all about the money, and your attention and response to it is how THEY want you to react to certain things and how they want the country to believe things. The Jews will strive to make their viewers believe that Islam is cruel, unjust, violent, because that's what they believe and who they are at war with for the most part--they want to get others to believe the same as they do to get as much support as possible and the chances of one staying with the media's agenda would be strengthened. Remember, the media controls what gets out to the public--whether it be television (#1), newpapers (#2), or any other source of media presentation. Taking a peaceful religion and associating violence with it to benefit one's own agenda is a cruel act in itself. Remember that.

Sorry I drifted on for so long. I just felt that it all needed to be said :yesnod:
I agree for the most part, especially about the media and how manipulative it is. However, I think for the sake of getting along, a distinction between the people in charge of the media and the average Jew should be drawn. Otherwise, it could sound more like a Jewish Conspiracy Theory, and reduce it's credibility. However, saying that, there isn't as much anti-Christian sentiment in the Media as Islam, pointing towards a bias of sorts, or at least opportunistic hate (less Muslims in the west in comparison to Christians means that the media can get away with more bias against Islam than Christianity). Of course, another thing people need to realise is that, just like in Christianity, there's people that follow the letter of the holy books, and then there are those that are more open to societal influences.

To be fair though, I have been friends with many people, of different religions. I've had Muslim friends and the only Jew I've actually known is Loose_Cannon. But to be honest, the one Christian friend that I did have, did my head in. She was manipulative and controlling. I know not all Christians are like that, but it's kinda off-putting.
MztikalAce said:
Also you say Islam prevents suicides, but doesnt every religion except suicide in the case of matyrs. Also dont Islam have Jihad(holy war) which is the word more people use when fighting.
BBC has a bit on Islam that you may find interesting.
BBC said:
Jihad
The literal meaning of Jihad is struggle or effort, and it means much more than holy war.

Muslims use the word Jihad to describe three different kinds of struggle:

A believer's internal struggle to live out the Muslim faith as well as possible
The struggle to build a good Muslim society
Holy war: the struggle to defend Islam, with force if necessary
Many modern writers claim that the main meaning of Jihad is the internal spiritual struggle, and this is accepted by many Muslims.

However there are so many references to Jihad as a military struggle in Islamic writings that it is incorrect to claim that the interpretation of Jihad as holy war is wrong.
You can read all about the issues and how they're thought of in Islamic terms here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/islam/

Last edited:
MztikalAce said:
I also believe in scientific ways to understand stuff, But i am christian was brought up as christian and i will keep going to keep going church every sunday.

But During RE lessons at school we did learn that every small gap can be filled with God, e.g. the fact we do not know what started the big bang, people would go and say it was GOD. Also how the fact there is evil in the world when GOD is infinitely good, well Augustine answered that question by saying evil is a lack of good and some beings/species have a higher quantity of good then to others e.g. Angles have more capacity of good then humans, and humans more capacity of good then dogs. Iraneas also answered this question by saying God did not make us fully developed so we can use our free will and develop either to love God or hate him thus evil.

So yet again to state i do believe in scientific approaches to everything(seeing as i want to get into medicine) but there is always a counter arguement to and from whether God or science?, its a never ending chain.

Well then....you sound a LOT like me....
theistic evolution FTW!

And angles....awwww....that just makes me cringe. sorry. hehe XD.

Evil is in the world because of our sin..... what denom are you?

lee.jarratt said:
Can you be in a religion if your bi? Thanks,
lee

Firstly yes to church of england i heard some stories of they have homo/bi vicars etc.

And you can to christianity i think, though they do not like homosexuality refering back to how Gods plan was a male and female Adam and Eve and not Adam and Steve as every people like to say nowadays. And we've had debates in RE lessons on this aswell, saying how some people are born gay and cannot change the fact that they are so why discriminate against them. Im not sure at this but i think christianity still does not allow homosexual marriages, But they'll still accept you as Gods arms are wide open.

lee.jarratt said:
Can you be in a religion if your bi? Thanks,
lee
Err, you want to join a religion that will accept bisexuals? Better to join a club or group if you want that. I know there's a few groups like that scattered around universities...
Brawny said:
Evil is in the world because of our sin.....
Being a non-Christian, I don't feel that is true. I feel that the concepts of evil and good are man-made. I also feel that they are merely 2 ends of the scale. In a "good" society, if you see something wrong and you don't speak up, you'd be considered Evil. However, in a "evil" society, if you saw something evil happen and you didn't want to get involved, it would be considered ok. In essence, I feel that the actions of good or evil are based solely on society. I mean, if you also think about the amount of people that think that UK and US are a force for good. Outweigh that by the amount of damage to everywhere we have done...
MztikalAce said:
Im not sure at this but i think christianity still does not allow homosexual marriages, But they'll still accept you as Gods arms are wide open.
I think they just give them "civil ceremonies", which people argue that have the same legal rights, but they still descriminate against homosexuals.

Last edited:
MztikalAce said:
Firstly yes to church of england i heard some stories of they have homo/bi vicars etc.

And you can to christianity i think, though they do not like homosexuality refering back to how Gods plan was a male and female Adam and Eve and not Adam and Steve as every people like to say nowadays. And we've had debates in RE lessons on this aswell, saying how some people are born gay and cannot change the fact that they are so why discriminate against them. Im not sure at this but i think christianity still does not allow homosexual marriages, But they'll still accept you as Gods arms are wide open.

Thanks, its just im in an awkward position. I've been christian all my life and recently Ive been going to christian events and such, but in my life guide in my bible for the new century, ive looked up homosexuality and it says its a sin but god will let you change or something, so that means god wont accept me now?
lee

Not mainstream religions....no.

but atheism will do you fine. They take anybody.

as long as you don't act on your homosexual desires...christianity is fine. :thumbsup:

and no sin is unforgivable.

Well...

Personally, I think people have the right to do what they want with their life. God accepts all people that are willing to follow him. Keep that in mind.

Brawny said:
Not mainstream religions....no.

but atheism will do you fine. They take anybody.

as long as you don't act on your homosexual desires...christianity is fine. :thumbsup:

and no sin is unforgivable.

Oh ok, thanks. But I don't really know if I can keep myself from doing that. It's not my fault,
lee

lee.jarratt said:
Thanks, its just im in an awkward position. I've been christian all my life and recently Ive been going to christian events and such, but in my life guide in my bible for the new century, ive looked up homosexuality and it says its a sin but god will let you change or something, so that means god wont accept me now?
lee

meh bible is open to many interpretations, to say that god wont accept you as a homosexual is pretty much human interpretations, i havent seen a page in the bible that says that God wont accept you if you are homosexual as in old days i dont think Homosexuality was common, Though Alexander the great was a homosexual(i hear), but biggest flaw in bible is that it was written by humans so is prone to human error and it was changed on some facts e.g. how they potrayed harod as good guy, when infact he was the most evilest among evil people, they just potrayed him as a good guy as most early converts were romans.

So i would say you would only know if God has accepted you when you die and go Heaven if you believe in that, or when judgement day falls upon us. (though my friend read some book saying that when judgement day comes theres gonna be a huge disaster that kills of like nearly every single human leaving only a few hundres, And the fate of us getting in heaven rests upon the humans who survive to defeat the evil that has awakened with God as a commander lol)

MztikalAce said:
meh bible is open to many interpretations, to say that god wont accept you as a homosexual is pretty much human interpretations, i havent seen a page in the bible that says that God wont accept you if you are homosexual as in old days i dont think Homosexuality was common, Though Alexander the great was a homosexual(i hear), but biggest flaw in bible is that it was written by humans so is prone to human error and it was changed on some facts e.g. how they potrayed harod as good guy, when infact he was the most evilest among evil people, they just potrayed him as a good guy as most early converts were romans.

So i would say you would only know if God has accepted you when you die and go Heaven if you believe in that, or when judgement day falls upon us. (though my friend read some book saying that when judgement day comes theres gonna be a huge disaster that kills of like nearly every single human leaving only a few hundres, And the fate of us getting in heaven rests upon the humans who survive to defeat the evil that has awakened with God as a commander lol)

Well, Thanks for the information etc :) I don't really know what i should do lol
lee

Back