Which Religion are you?

I am Catholic, and I go to Church every Sunday, sometimes serve, I don't eat meat on Fridays, or Lent's Fridays, go to a Catholic Private School, and pretty much "pure" Catholic.

I was a major Catholic when I was younger. Went to Sunday school, church every Sunday, believed it all. Then I read the Bible.
Now, I'm a Atheist/Agnostic. I believe that if there is a God being, its beyond our comprehension... but if it's science, it's not. If God was made by science, then science is the true God, and vice versa. Or there might not have been a God made yet...
What traits does one need to be considered a God? What we're learning through science...
Well, this is just what I think.

I'm a Christian.

Pretty much read what Brawny has said and you have me. :/

[/TRYING-TO-KEEP-IT-SHORT-FOR-FEAR-OF-JILL]

En4Neo said:
The difference is quite simple.

Catholicism is a form of Christianity, it's the original Christian faith infact. Christianity is the religion catholics, methodists, baptists, lutherans, and other Christians practice in their own ways.

Anyone who is Catholic is Christian. Protestants include anyone who isn't Catholic such as Lutherans, Baptists, and others are christians too.

They're called protestants because they didn't believe that the Catholic church was the true church or Christian faith, so they protested against it a long time ago and even sometimes in the modern age.

Yep, all the same pretty much. Just to make one thing clear..... No matter how tense it is between Protestants and Catholics, Nothing will unite us more than when LSD (whoops, intentional typo) and Jehovah's witnesses latch onto our religion and warp the people's view of it. :mad5:

Theres one thing i dont get, why do Christian believe that Jesus Was the Son of God? In any Bible we see today, new or old, Jesus NEVER states that he is the son of God.

En4Neo said:
I hope this doesn't get out of hand, but I believe sometimes the best way to get people to understand others beliefs is through discussion. People will just make crap up if they don't know anything, which isn't good.

So I'm a level 50 Christian, not to brag or anything.

I believe the rapture is coming soon(as in 10 years or less maybe).....(which is basically when the world goes to hell(not literally) and good christians go to heaven(literally), in simpler terms) Feel free to ask me about it.

I used to be Catholic once, but I don't really care for it now. I'm not really into labeling myself as part of one specific church, I'm just a Christian and would rather fill in the blanks spots by myself than let a church do so.

I also rarely go to church, I don't feel that I need too. To me it's more of a tradition thing than spiritual thing, I'd rather just not bother. As long as I'm honoring the sabbath day I'd say I'm ok.

But if you're into that type of thing, that's cool too.

So which are you?
that basically me except for the catholic thing. i think church is boring. my friend gives me so much crap about it and usually im the better christian than he is. he never tries to tell others about God or the bible and im always doing that (mostly on message boards but i have changed some peoples view but never got anyone converted). also i never try and force my religion on people. i just mostly answer questions and debunk myths

iforgetpaswerds said:
but this is where it realy gets mind boddling
what if jesus was a black man:yikes:
i learned about this 2 years ago in school. judging by the area he was from it is VERY likely he had darker skin (not necessarily black but just dark skinned)

Yay mitch.

And the Black Adam thing..... It just proves how sheltered you are when you think adam and eve were white with blue eyes and blonde hair..... The blue eye gene has only been around for like 50,000 years and originated in Europe.... :frown2:

ottoman said:
Theres one thing i dont get, why do Christian believe that Jesus Was the Son of God? In any Bible we see today, new or old, Jesus NEVER states that he is the son of God.
What the...? All throughout the Bible it is stated "For I am the Son of God" by Jesus.

ottoman said:

On two occasions, God's voice was heard proclaiming Jesus as his son.

Brawny said:
According to Protestantism (me). We kinda put a harsh light on Catholicism. To not be biased... I shall post my view of them, then another person can post their views on me.

Um... Jesus Christ is the only one we should focus on. Praying (or "veneration") of the saints, as well as cardinals/pope/whatever should not be allowed. Transubstantiation (wine and bread during communion IS jesus blood and body) is wrong in our opinion as well.

Brawny said:
Yep, all the same pretty much. Just to make one thing clear..... No matter how tense it is between Protestants and Catholics, Nothing will unite us more than when LSD (whoops, intentional typo) and Jehovah's witnesses latch onto our religion and warp the people's view of it. :mad5:

So if a Jehovah's Witness bashed Catholics for praying to saints and the concept of transubstantiaion you would come to their defense even though you disagree with Catholics on those issues too? :ihih:

I am a Catholic,

I do not really follow my religion, I am more into the spiritual end of things.

A spear was found and tested, which supposedly dated back to the era of Jesus. It's in a museum... somewhere...

Back