Which Religion are you?

Anyone here believe or used to believe in Yevon?

Wiiristian, I believe soley in my Wii and any of its accessories, I bow only to i0n and sometimes dark pinny and sometimes a few other people who scare me from time to time (sovieto,jill, the poke'heads).

no accully i dont have a religion i just live my life one day at a time

En4Neo said:
There's really nowhere in the bible that says if you have sex before marriage you're going staight to hell, or if you have engaed in homosexual sex you're going to hell. I don't think it's being unchristian to say that either, it's just kind of common sense.

Ephesians 5:3
"But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God's holy people."

1 Corinthians 6:9
"Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders"

Romans 1:27
"In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion."

Jude 7
"In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire."

Leviticus 18:22
"Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable."

Hebrews 13:4
"Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral."

1 Thessolonians 4:3-6
It is God's will that you should be sanctified: that you should avoid sexual immorality; that each of you should learn to control his own body in a way that is holy and honorable, not in passionate lust like the heathen, who do not know God; and that in this matter no one should wrong his brother or take advantage of him. The Lord will punish men for all such sins, as we have already told you and warned you.

Colossians 3:5
"Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature: sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry."

Galatians 5:19
"The acts of the sinful nature are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery"

Not to mention the whole Soddom and Gamorrah situation.

God is about forgiveness, and it's never really over for any kind of sinner, even for the mass murderers out there as long as they're willing to honestly repent in their hearts.

This is very true. And there is forgiveness available for sexual immorality as well. But part of being forgiven is asking for forgiveness and then doing your best not to commit that sin again.

Skippy said:
Ephesians 5:3
"But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God's holy people."

1 Corinthians 6:9
"Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders"

Romans 1:27
"In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion."

Jude 7
"In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire."

Leviticus 18:22
"Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable."

Hebrews 13:4
"Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral."

1 Thessolonians 4:3-6
It is God's will that you should be sanctified: that you should avoid sexual immorality; that each of you should learn to control his own body in a way that is holy and honorable, not in passionate lust like the heathen, who do not know God; and that in this matter no one should wrong his brother or take advantage of him. The Lord will punish men for all such sins, as we have already told you and warned you.

Colossians 3:5
"Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature: sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry."

Galatians 5:19
"The acts of the sinful nature are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery"

Not to mention the whole Soddom and Gamorrah situation.

This is very true. And there is forgiveness available for sexual immorality as well. But part of being forgiven is asking for forgiveness and then doing your best not to commit that sin again.

I was aware of how the bible treats homosexuality and immoral sexuality before I posted that just so you know.

So basically we're on the same page....

i don't have a religion.

in the past i was a methodist at my own choice (by that i mean i wasn't influced by peers or realtions, i say this because many people are there religion because they were forecd apon it in younger years, doesn't mean you should believe in it all your life) anyway i grew up and relised it wasn't for me, and i just go by what i think is moraly/ethicaly right.

i don't have a problem with people having faith in something.
what i do have a problem with is people preaching. you should live what you preach not preach what you live. if you live what you preach fine. i also can't stand people who tell me god is coming, i must pray etc... fine if you want to do it, but please stop waisting my time. i don't go around telling people that your faith is built on a book that could be false, because no one knows if this holly book is 100% correct or 100% false. my views and opinions are mine, and i'm happy with it.

i do believe in things that science can prove, such as theroies as the big bang.

a couple of things i would like to say.

if god is god, then why are there 10 comandments? why are there people who are 'gay'? why does it matter.

to be honest, with the last one i don't really think God or jesus would care, if this person is happy, then why does it mater to them? if Jesus was to come back in the morning, i personally think he would be embarrsed, with people telling gay people that they will burn in hell, isn't that a form of social bullying? i don't think that was wirtten in the bible.

Gaz said:
i don't have a religion.

in the past i was a methodist at my own choice (by that i mean i wasn't influced by peers or realtions, i say this because many people are there religion because they were forecd apon it in younger years, doesn't mean you should believe in it all your life) anyway i grew up and relised it wasn't for me, and i just go by what i think is moraly/ethicaly right.

i don't have a problem with people having faith in something.
what i do have a problem with is people preaching. you should live what you preach not preach what you live. if you live what you preach fine. i also can't stand people who tell me god is coming, i must pray etc... fine if you want to do it, but please stop waisting my time. i don't go around telling people that your faith is built on a book that could be false, because no one knows if this holly book is 100% correct or 100% false. my views and opinions are mine, and i'm happy with it.

i do believe in things that science can prove, such as theroies as the big bang.

a couple of things i would like to say.

if god is god, then why are there 10 comandments? why are there people who are 'gay'? why does it matter.

to be honest, with the last one i don't really think God or jesus would care, if this person is happy, then why does it mater to them? if Jesus was to come back in the morning, i personally think he would be embarrsed, with people telling gay people that they will burn in hell, isn't that a form of social bullying? i don't think that was wirtten in the bible.

very good points.

and to the gay thing, most hardcore xians believe it is a choice which has always befuddled me. its not a choice.

athiest for sure... if there was a god he wouldntve made us just to follow by his rules.. if he rly loved us he would send us all to "heaven" whether we be christian or not... and theres still the big question... where did god come from? no1 can believe for a second that he "always was"

were on this planet to live our lives not spend our day off going to church to learn bout sum ghost

thats my two cents lol

GO SUPER SMASH BROS!!!

Skippy said:

Well, the Bible has a strong part and doesn't move from it's ideals on sexuality, but that God is far from forgiving.

Jeremiah 13:14
And I will dash them one against another, even the fathers and the sons together, saith the LORD: I will not pity, nor spare, nor have mercy, but destroy them.

Deuteronomy 7:16
And thou shalt consume all the people which the LORD thy God shall deliver thee; thine eye shall have no pity upon them: neither shalt thou serve their gods; for that will be a snare unto thee.

Samuel 15:3
Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass.

1 Samuel 6:19
And he smote the men of Bethshemesh, because they had looked into the ark of the LORD, even he smote of the people fifty thousand and threescore and ten men: and the people lamented, because the LORD had smitten many of the people with a great slaughter.

Numbers 32:13
And the LORD'S anger was kindled against Israel, and he made them wander in the wilderness forty years, until all the generation, that had done evil in the sight of the LORD, was consumed.

Jeremiah 17:4
And thou, even thyself, shalt discontinue from thine heritage that I gave thee; and I will cause thee to serve thine enemies in the land which thou knowest not: for ye have kindled a fire in mine anger, which shall burn for ever.

Exodus 20:5
Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me

And pretty much read Numbers 31.
Those people didn't have time to ask for forgiveness.

I just think theres more ways to look at the meaning of life, and how we exist than these set religions and if people had more of an open mind to listen to others free opinions we'd learn more about the world. It's not likely we will get even close to the answers we seek, you see, "the more you know, the more you know you don't know" which makes it all so depressing, but we'll get a better veiw of our surroundings, less one-sided. I still choose not to follow any rule, law, or religion where the followers promote bigotry and hatred yet are happy themselves, its sickening! I try to respect others, bigots as well, but it feels unacceptable. I may not put my message in the most brilliant terms, but maybe you can understand what I mean.

Taills said:
Well, the Bible has a strong part and doesn't move from it's ideals on sexuality, but that God is far from forgiving.

Jeremiah 13:14
And I will dash them one against another, even the fathers and the sons together, saith the LORD: I will not pity, nor spare, nor have mercy, but destroy them.

Deuteronomy 7:16
And thou shalt consume all the people which the LORD thy God shall deliver thee; thine eye shall have no pity upon them: neither shalt thou serve their gods; for that will be a snare unto thee.

Samuel 15:3
Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass.

1 Samuel 6:19
And he smote the men of Bethshemesh, because they had looked into the ark of the LORD, even he smote of the people fifty thousand and threescore and ten men: and the people lamented, because the LORD had smitten many of the people with a great slaughter.

Numbers 32:13
And the LORD'S anger was kindled against Israel, and he made them wander in the wilderness forty years, until all the generation, that had done evil in the sight of the LORD, was consumed.

Jeremiah 17:4
And thou, even thyself, shalt discontinue from thine heritage that I gave thee; and I will cause thee to serve thine enemies in the land which thou knowest not: for ye have kindled a fire in mine anger, which shall burn for ever.

Exodus 20:5
Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me

And pretty much read Numbers 31.
Those people didn't have time to ask for forgiveness.

meh, you take take out of context anything really.....And not just the verses themselves but the political and social surroundings of the Israelites at the time as well.

Back