Who here dislikes or dosen't care about Brawl?

Shoko said:
no its not. that is a fact. brawl's the wii's biggest games, and it will make millions of sales and it will be online .those are all facts. so therefore, its awesome.

It is still an opinion. You even clarify it as so in your original statement by acknowledging that others may disagree. You cannot disagree with a proven fact. Grass is green is a fact. Grass is cool is an opinion. Claiming something is 'awesome' is an opinion. I don't care how much evidence you have to support it. If someone does not think it is 'awesome', then its 'awesomeness' is not a fact.

For example, I claim my Jeep is awesome and proclaim that a fact. Would I be right? Let us assume you like Nissan and hate Jeep. Now, is my Jeep being awesome a fact? They have sold millions of Jeeps over the years. Tons of people own them. However, it being 'awesome' is an opinion. It being a successful product is more or less a fact.

SSBB will sell like hotcakes though. Of that I am certain. It will be very popular. However, it being 'awesome' is NOT a fact. You just need to learn the difference between fact and opinion.

Proclaiming yourself as a genius is not a fact either, unless you can back it up with irrefutable evidence. Until then, it is an opinion.

Shoko said:
i say brawl will sell of 95% of the population of wii owners. i used good logic to estimate that number too

Can you explain your 'good logic' for this statement? Not just: the number sounds good to you? Did you base it off of market research and trends?

Last edited:
honestly i do not care too much, mostly because the wii is my first nintendo system since the snes and never really played smash before, im sure i would find it entertaining, but i dont think that it will be my favorite of the wii games. though i am positive that it will be the highest grossing game whenever they decide to release it. i would personally like to see less ssbb threads tho, there are way too many in my opinion

could not give to monkeys or even three.... but thats what i said when i herd bout Mario strikers charged. That game (MSC) changed my mind bout how cartoony games can be fun after all. I used to slate nitendo for sh1t cartoon games and never eva would give them time of day. hopefully wii has struck a balance of cartoony and realish games.

All i'm saying is wait and see and keep an open mind if thats at all possible.

blueovalboy7 said:
honestly i do not care too much, mostly because the wii is my first nintendo system since the snes and never really played smash before, im sure i would find it entertaining, but i dont think that it will be my favorite of the wii games. though i am positive that it will be the highest grossing game whenever they decide to release it. i would personally like to see less ssbb threads tho, there are way too many in my opinion

That shows how much people like the game

dakuda said:
It is still an opinion. You even clarify it as so in your original statement by acknowledging that others may disagree. You cannot disagree with a proven fact. Grass is green is a fact. Grass is cool is an opinion. Claiming something is 'awesome' is an opinion. I don't care how much evidence you have to support it. If someone does not think it is 'awesome', then its 'awesomeness' is not a fact.

For example, I claim my Jeep is awesome and proclaim that a fact. Would I be right? Let us assume you like Nissan and hate Jeep. Now, is my Jeep being awesome a fact? They have sold millions of Jeeps over the years. Tons of people own them. However, it being 'awesome' is an opinion. It being a successful product is more or less a fact.

SSBB will sell like hotcakes though. Of that I am certain. It will be very popular. However, it being 'awesome' is NOT a fact. You just need to learn the difference between fact and opinion.

Proclaiming yourself as a genius is not a fact either, unless you can back it up with irrefutable evidence. Until then, it is an opinion.

Can you explain your 'good logic' for this statement? Not just: the number sounds good to you? Did you base it off of market research and trends?
dude, look at wat u just said. you agreed that it will sell alot and it will be popular. if its going to help nintendo, which it will immensly, then its awesome. and read the post where i was talkin about 95% sales. i said melee sold to aroung 85% of gamecube owners, but since the wii and brawl is more popular than the gamecube and melee it should be around 95%. and non-gamers that have a wii might want to try it to. so that helps the percentage

Shoko said:
dude, look at wat u just said. you agreed that it will sell alot and it will be popular. if its going to help nintendo, which it will immensly, then its awesome. and read the post where i was talkin about 95% sales. i said melee sold to aroung 85% of gamecube owners, but since the wii and brawl is more popular than the gamecube and melee it should be around 95%. and non-gamers that have a wii might want to try it to. so that helps the percentage

Awesome is subjective. I admitted it will sell. Piece of crap products sell all the time. Does that mean they are awesome?

Did you just read enough of what I wrote to cater to your statement?
Are you aware of the differences between fact and opinion?
How is an unreleased game more popular then a released game? Do you have sales figures to back that up? Oh wait, I forgot, you seem to think your opinion is factual.

Also, it is much easier to read posts when people type clearly. Wat is not a word.

Last edited:
I'll admit I didn't bother reading most of this thread.

I don't care about Brawl one bit. SSB is okay, a good multiplayer but I'm awaiting metroid, then mario. I'm already sick of mortal kombat.

dakuda said:
Awesome is subjective. I admitted it will sell. Piece of crap products sell all the time. Does that mean they are awesome?

Did you just read enough of what I wrote to cater to your statement?
Are you aware of the differences between fact and opinion?
How is an unreleased game more popular then a released game? Do you have sales figures to back that up? Oh wait, I forgot, you seem to think your opinion is factual.

Also, it is much easier to read posts when people type clearly. Wat is not a word.
so your saying Brawl isnt bigger than loco roco?. i bet the majority of the people here dont even know wat that is. its possible for an unreleased game to be bigger than a released one. its possible and u know it. AND AGAIN, IF ITS GONNA SELL ALOT AND BE A BEST SELLER, THAN ITS AWESOME!

Shoko said:
so your saying Brawl isnt bigger than loco roco?. i bet the majority of the people here dont even know wat that is. its possible for an unreleased game to be bigger than a released one. its possible and u know it. AND AGAIN, IF ITS GONNA SELL ALOT AND BE A BEST SELLER, THAN ITS AWESOME!

You just don't get it. I don't think you will ever get it. I give up. Logic does not work with you.

i use logic so wtf? and wat do i not get? you just daid wat u just said cause u know u got proved wrong. you said an unreleased game can't be more popular than a released one. but it can, and i just proved that

Shoko said:
i use logic so wtf? and wat do i not get? you just daid wat u just said cause u know u got proved wrong. you said an unreleased game can't be more popular than a released one. but it can, and i just proved that

You can't me more wrong. Alas, I give up trying to teach you. You are too stubborn and fixated. Considering I do that for a living, you missed out on a free lesson.

slap.gif

hmm...i hope u know that ur the only one that has a problem with me. and thats why u really didnt respond to wat i said. u said a non-released game cant be more popular than a released one, and i proved you wrong about that. now, respond to THOSE LAST 2 SENTENCES I JUST SAID or dont respond at all.

and ur the stubborn one cause all because you dont agree with me, dosent mean that theres something wrong with me. you cant accept anyone's opinions, thoughts, or facts, so you get mad at them simply cause you disagree

Back