Why do you really play the Wii?

Tullerdino

I have Wii questions!
Nov 10, 2007
Hey all,

Why is that you really play the Wii?

Really think about this and post your honest answers!

I like what it offers me.
The series of all my favourite Characters and Games etc.
I like the channel's on it, and really like the controls.

I am continuing to play my Wii because of all the games coming out real soon.
It just really appeals to me is all.

becuase i like oringinal games. And the wii offers that. I also likethe wiiremote lot. And, the wii....also offers that.

asking this question nearly a year into the wii's life isnt really going to raise any questions amougst wii gamers.

I play because it gives the ultimate experience. You actually feel like you're in the game. Nintendo is known for their really fun, unique games, and no console out there beats it.

control scheme

never really been into gaming much until the wii

bought a wii without ever playing one

I like playing on my Wii because of the great games that are going to be released and because I like the different ways that games make use of the Wiimote, such as in Metroid Prime 3.

How do you guys play your Wii, then? What time of day? For how long?

Do people play the Wii because of the social factor? Do they play simply for personal entertainment?

I'm actually trying to do some research on the topic 'Why is it that people play the Nintendo Wii?' and I want to get to a layer of meaning deeper than just 'it's fun'.

manufan15 - What do you mean by the ultimate experience?
Warrior - You play because the games are original and the Wii remote is original? There are no other reasons?
CantGetAWii - What about the act of actually playing is appealing to you? What is it that the Wii does for you? It makes you happy when you play?

iHave2Wii - It seems like a lot of the people who play the Wii are overall new to videogaming. Why do you think that is?

Great game, the fun factor, and it help me streess out..

The wii has something, that even if the graphics are no hi def, there are games that are memorable, unforgettable and e joy to play. I prefer to play a Wii game, than a 360 game. Believe me.. you can have great graphics (like the 360 or PS3), but the gameplay and the experience are the most important things in a game and to be able to entertain yourself. That is the Wii

I have a long background with video games:

Atari 2600 (1980-1981)
Nintendo Entertainment System (original)
Sega Genesis
PlayStation 1
XBOX 360
Wii

Last edited:
For us, it's the use of the Wiimote. That sets this console apart from all the other gaming consoles.

Because its fun and offers a way to play some games like you havn't before.

laurie lu - So, if it didn't have the Wii remote would you be playing another gaming system in its place? What kind of entertainment value are you getting from the Wii / these other systems?

The games are great. The controls really get you into the game. (Think Metroid Prime 3) Online capabilities. The console comes bundled with WiiSports. Standard. The console looks great. Doesn't cost an arm and a leg. 7 of my friends have Wiis, two of whom have online. Do you really want me to go on?

Tullerdino, honestly if there wasn't a Wiimote, we'd still be playing our Nintendo Game Cube, PS2 or buying an XBox 360. Sure the Sony Playstation 3 and the XBox 360 have impressive high def graphics. But I believe over time, we become desensitized to those dazzling graphics and they eventually lose their 'wow factor'. Then you're back to the 'same ole-same ole'.

We have a very large collection of Nintendo Game Cube games. We can play these old games on the Wii perfectly fine. This was a big factor in our decison on buying the Wii. No need to start over creating a new Nintendo game collection.

Traditional console systems basically offer a 2 dimensional feel to gaming. But with the Wii, it adds that 3rd dimension to gaming because you're physically in the game. You're off your butt getting physical by aiming at targets and using the Wiimote to manipulate objects and game play. It's like you're one-with-the-game. No glazed over couch potato gamers in our house.

Just imagine what the upcoming Wii Fitness Board device will add to the gaming experience. You'll actually be able to use your entire body to interact with those particular games.

Last edited:
this is the first gaming system thats really interactive

take wii sports for example, its the first game that really lets you swing your arm to bowl, or swing your arms to bat at baseball

also, for $249 compared to the other gaming systems it was a no-brainer

this is the first gaming system that has been "different", i think thats why its selling so much--i also think nintendo has raised the bar for everyone and expect that the next gen consoles will all have wii-mote type controllers of some sort

Back